2013 NFL Thread - Page 12 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:51 PM   #111
Caustic Coffee
Abuser of Power

Caustic Coffee is the I in team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
Brian Urlacher will not return to the Chicago Bears!

I always liked Brian when he could stay healthy! He was a beast but at 35 I'm not sure he has enough in the tank to be consistent again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bill View Post
I just read about this on ESPN, sad news and I'm a little shocked
There was a bit more to it. Urlacher doesn't always come off as the best teammate. He seems like an awesome guy on ESPN, but in the home newspapers, he tends to make dickish comments about the team after key losses, as if he's not a part of the team that just got beat.

When he got hurt with three games left in the season, with the team deep in a playoff hunt, he said. "If I just played my last game with the Bears, I won't be crushed." Most players are sad by the fact that their season has been ended by injury, because they can't help their team to a championship. He may not have meant disrespect, but he was talking about his Chicago career ending as if he didn't have a care in the world.

At the heart of it though, was the fact that he was always a thin speed guy, so the fact that he's 35 with a bum knee and far far slower, his salary (possibly 2.5 million from what the rumor was) could be better spent.

Quote:
Well with the air being totally different in Chi-town these days I'm not really all that shocked.

I'm more shocked with how they treated Lovie Smith.
I liked Lovie a lot, but he never won the big game. Whenever he was in the hunt, the team would go through a prolonged slump and fall out of contention, as well as never beating the contenders.

Ultimately, he was great, but it was just time for a change.
Caustic Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #112
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
I liked Lovie a lot, but he never won the big game. Whenever he was in the hunt, the team would go through a prolonged slump and fall out of contention, as well as never beating the contenders.

Ultimately, he was great, but it was just time for a change.
I agree Lovie needed a change of scenery but the way it was handled seemed really disrespectful.

Brian on the other hand definitely had his madonna moments but I always liked the guy! He probably hated playing in Chicago with him being a West boy! A lot of players hate chicago for some reason.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #113
Caustic Coffee
Abuser of Power

Caustic Coffee is the I in team.

Quote:
I agree Lovie needed a change of scenery but the way it was handled seemed really disrespectful.
You're right, they could have been classier with Lovie.

Quote:
Brian on the other hand definitely had his madonna moments but I always liked the guy! He probably hated playing in Chicago with him being a West boy! A lot of players hate chicago for some reason.
It is cold as fuck here, so at the moment, I hate it too.
Caustic Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #114
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
It is cold as fuck here, so at the moment, I hate it too.
lol It's snowing here and it's headed your way!

I have been to Chi-Town quite a few times over the years and i've always enjoyed it. But to live there.....FUCK NO!!!!!!! it's been going downhill hardcore lately with old Rahm at the helm.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:03 PM   #115
Jayy
It... Won't... Die...

Jayy is in bed with Lindy Booth aboard the Sulaco.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:59 AM   #116
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

DudeClassicMan has no status.

Guys like Romo and Cutler are basically the least shitty possible versions of Rex Grossman; but since you know they'll still find a way to fuck it all to hell when the meaningful games roll around, there really isn't a difference. Then again Mark Sanchez is sub-Grossman at his grossest. But who's even going to take that job from him? Candy coated clown called Kevin Kolb? So it can always be worse.

And speaking of dire QB shituations the Cardinals really oughta murder a bunch of cast-off QB's and Dr. Frankenstein a new one together out of the hacked up spare parts. Nothing else has worked for them up to this point. They could even start with Ryan Shitzpatrick's Ivy League brain if he didn't get good back-up money from the Titans. J. Russell's arm, V. Young's legs; etc.

WAN'T? Who the fuck made that? I'd accuse Dexter Manley of being responsible (look it up) but the rest of the words seem to be spelled correctly.

Finally, choking seems to be measured on some kind of sliding scale. I mean how much unforgivably stupid shit has Matt Ryan done in the playoffs as the QB of a top seeded team?
DudeClassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:40 PM   #117
Ultimate High
Rotting Corpse

Ultimate High has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeClassicMan View Post
Guys like Romo and Cutler are basically the least shitty possible versions of Rex Grossman; but since you know they'll still find a way to fuck it all to hell when the meaningful games roll around, there really isn't a difference. Then again Mark Sanchez is sub-Grossman at his grossest. But who's even going to take that job from him? Candy coated clown called Kevin Kolb? So it can always be worse.
Is that Berrian? I think heís triple-covered. You know what? Fuck it. Iím throwing it downfield.

Yeah, I see Jones open on the flank. But fuck that. Dumpoff passes are for faggots. Iím fucking Sexy Rexy Grossman. I can get that ball in there. And, even if I canít, I bet Iíll be able to pull it off the next go round. I like throwing the ball long. It makes my dick hard.

Whatís that? I should throw a quick slant? Fuck that. Thatís gay. Button hook? Gay. Flare out? Gay. Screen pass? Kevin Spacey gay. This is fucking football. You canít just expect wins to come to you. You canít massage that shit. You gotta grab that game by the throat and rape the ever-loving shit out of it. You think a 5-yard out is gonna win you a game? Youíre a pussy. This ainít John Shoop running this offense. Sexy Rexyís got the arm. The dragon. You gotta unleash the dragon.

Okay, Iím throwing it. Nice. Look how far it went. I look good. I bet I made that Pats cheerleader wet her panties with that throw. She fucking wants me. I bet she likes it over a stair railing. I can hit that with 100% accuracy, my dear. Mmmmmm. I am delicious.

Oh shit. Looks like Samuel caught it. Again. Oh well. It still felt fucking great to throw that shit. Tell me that wasnít one of the prettiest passes you ever saw. You know what? Not only am I gonna throw it long the next time we hit the field. Iím gonna throw it even longer. Harder. You see that kid in wheelchair sitting in the end zone bleachers? Iím gonna nail him right between the fucking eyes with a Sexy Rexy fastball. Why? Because I can.

This is Rex Grossman weíre talking about here. Weíre talking 210 lbs. of twisted steel and sex appeal. Iím not just a gunslinger. Iím a cumslinger. Throwing that ball long tells all the Rexettes that I am fucking out there. On the edge. Where I gotta be. The ladies love the danger. The unpredictability. Oh, maybe Iíll tease them with a pretty touch pass every now and again. But then Iím gonna go right back to pumping that ball out for all itís worth. It tells them I throw like I fuck. Thatís how we do things in the sexy business.

Tell me youíre not turned on right now. I am.

inhale

exhale
Ultimate High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:48 PM   #118
nancylives!
The Living Dead

nancylives! is living!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayy View Post
Quote:
Guys like Romo and Cutler are basically the least shitty possible versions of Rex Grossman

you'll see. all you fuckers will see. people talked a lot of shit about elway and manning, but they don't now. we will have the last laugh, and tony romo will be throwing the pies--accurately, dickheads--at your faces.

at least you acknowledge that he's better than rex grossman...
Old 03-28-2013, 12:24 AM   #119
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

DudeClassicMan has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylives! View Post

you'll see. all you fuckers will see. people talked a lot of shit about elway and manning, but they don't now. we will have the last laugh, and tony romo will be throwing the pies--accurately, dickheads--at your faces.

at least you acknowledge that he's better than rex grossman...
Honestly, they probably should still be talking about Peyton. He sucked dick in the one postseason the Colts won the Super Bowl in; 3 TD, 7 INT and in the Super Bowl all he had to do was kindly step aside and manage the game so Rex could piss that game away for the Bears. True story, doodette.

Then in the season where he carried the most generic corps of receivers he ever played with to basically an undefeated season he still got baited into throwing the game losing pick six in the goddam Super Bowl by some guy with a shitty haircut.

As for Elway, he didn't even outplay Favre in that first Super Bowl win. However Terrell Davis and the grunts up front did run the ball down the Packers throats. Now that's mostly cancelled out for all the nothing offensive teams Elway did carry to Super Bowls that they ended up losing to overall better teams in.

Besides fuck that root for the nameplate over the team dogshit. I get sick and tired of hearing about how much worse off the Cowboys would be without Romo. It's hard to know how much worse off they would be but it's easy to see how many games Romo has pissed away over the years. So far Romo hasn't shown shit in playoff or elimination games to get into the playoffs. That 'Skins defense that picked his pocket three times was certainly one of the shittier units in the league.

Yeah, fair or unfair or even accurate, Super Bowls do write a guy's story for the Sportscenter Headlines in crayon crowd. But the fact is that recently it's been QB's able to avoid turnovers in the postseason whose teams have won. Even Eli (who is a fucking terrible ball protection QB in the regular season) only threw 2 picks in eight games during the Giants title runs. Can poor widdle Romo stay out of his own way like that?

Last edited by DudeClassicMan; 03-28-2013 at 12:28 AM.
DudeClassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #120
nancylives!
The Living Dead

nancylives! is living!

Quote:
Honestly, they probably should still be talking about Peyton. He sucked dick in the one postseason the Colts won the Super Bowl in; 3 TD, 7 INT and in the Super Bowl all he had to do was kindly step aside and manage the game so Rex could piss that game away for the Bears. True story, doodette.
i agree, and have never been a drinker of peyton-aid. he's obviously talented and smart and hardworking and all that, but he typically wilts under the big lights. i will say this for him during his sb run in '06, tho: he played a great game in the comeback against the pats.

Quote:
As for Elway, he didn't even outplay Favre in that first Super Bowl win. However Terrell Davis and the grunts up front did run the ball down the Packers throats. Now that's mostly cancelled out for all the nothing offensive teams Elway did carry to Super Bowls that they ended up losing to overall better teams in.
elway was a great one, no doubt, and he deserved having a real running back in davis finally. i don't think he was the pure passer that marino was, but he had a will, that's for sure. i liked watching him play.

Quote:
Besides fuck that root for the nameplate over the team dogshit. I get sick and tired of hearing about how much worse off the Cowboys would be without Romo. It's hard to know how much worse off they would be but it's easy to see how many games Romo has pissed away over the years. So far Romo hasn't shown shit in playoff or elimination games to get into the playoffs. That 'Skins defense that picked his pocket three times was certainly one of the shittier units in the league.

Yeah, fair or unfair or even accurate, Super Bowls do write a guy's story for the Sportscenter Headlines in crayon crowd. But the fact is that recently it's been QB's able to avoid turnovers in the postseason whose teams have won. Even Eli (who is a fucking terrible ball protection QB in the regular season) only threw 2 picks in eight games during the Giants title runs. Can poor widdle Romo stay out of his own way like that?
i will definitely step forward as a romo apologist, tho it is increasingly difficult. when we took the ball against the skins with two plus minutes and however many timeouts, i was sure it was in the bag. my family and i all said something to the effect of "here's where tony shows the world how clutch he is, or verifies what everyone thinks he is." sure enuf, two plays later, tony throws it right to the skins (with broken ribs and no time to throw), which is unacceptable, regardless of the circumstances. but i've been a cowboy lover for 34 years now, and i have patience and faith. i am one who belives we would be shit central without tony, so i'm content to continue on with him. for me, especially with five rings in my pocket, i root as much for the guys wearing the star as for the star itself; tony works hard, is an exciting player, and has given us his all, not the least of which is his blood, tears, and humanity. his story has to end with a sixth title in dallas. i believe it will. but if it doesn't, i will have no regrets. history is littered with exciting qb's who never made it to or won the big one--marino, kelly, fouts, meredith, white, dickey, moon, tarkenton, and so on--and i'llbe glad wither way that this one was a cowboy.

now if we could unload jerry...