The Bay (2012) - Page 3 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Modern Horror

Modern Horror Horror Movies of the 1990's - present.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #21
kevinb
Fresh Kill

kevinb has no status.

Downloading now
kevinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:06 PM   #22
craftychicka
Fresh Kill

craftychicka is fucking awesome

Send a message via Skype™ to craftychicka

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelator View Post
I didn't get that low budget feel, I thought it felt pretty genuine... Maybe that's because they weren't going for a supernatural concept though... I should watch it again.
It could just be that I'm not super in to 'found-footage' movies.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #23
kevinb
Fresh Kill

kevinb has no status.

This is pretty solid but as mentioned its by no means terrific and it does have that made for SyFy vibe.
Worth watching

And for the record, Kristen Connolly doesn't really have that much screen time here honestly.
kevinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #24
Caustic Coffee
Abuser of Power

Caustic Coffee is the I in team.

I've read some fairly negative reviews about the Bay, so my expectations were lowered, but I think this is a movie everyone should see. The film is shot as a documentary and does incorporate some found footage tape with handicam shots, but the picture isn't bobbing around and the recordings are kept to a minimum.

The setup for the disaster comes in the form of actual news and scientific evidence, so when the second and third acts get going, it feels very authentic. It seemed like something that could actually happen, which made it that much more unsettling. They don't rely upon cliches and the acting is pretty much solid all around.

My rating may change after time and further viewings, but for now, I give it a 8.5/10.
Caustic Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #25
BeRightBack
Flyboy

BeRightBack is not letting you spoil my party, even if it sucks big time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
I've read some fairly negative reviews about the Bay, so my expectations were lowered, but I think this is a movie everyone should see. The film is shot as a documentary and does incorporate some found footage tape with handicam shots, but the picture isn't bobbing around and the recordings are kept to a minimum.

The setup for the disaster comes in the form of actual news and scientific evidence, so when the second and third acts get going, it feels very authentic. It seemed like something that could actually happen, which made it that much more unsettling. They don't rely upon cliches and the acting is pretty much solid all around.

My rating may change after time and further viewings, but for now, I give it a 8.5/10.
Pretty nicely stated. I think most people hear "found footage" and dismiss it altogether, as some super shaky experience, and while most of them are like that, this one is not, and I think it's important to let that be known.

And ya, the science, and government conspiracy stuff made it that much more creepy. Even if I didn't already have a sort of fear of bugs, it would still be damn scary experience.
BeRightBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #26
Fanofhorror
Fresh Kill

Fanofhorror has no status.

A lot different then I thought it was going to be.

I liked the start of the movie, with real reports of Dead Animals that news, a few years ago.

Also liked the fact their were few other things going on at the same time, Normally Found footage movie are calm and try keep tension.

This was like the normal one person hold camera movie, this different shorts CTV, Police dash boards and people seem to talking the Camera every where.

But this goes straight into the mess and I liked the Plot, It Kinda of re mind me of the Cabin Fever a little, with the whole water is infected.

The infections did look really nasty look on, Which i thought was really make up effects in this movie.

I found one scenes really chilling in this movie, Is when the police man goes into the house and who see words , how scream them, I found that really affected

I liked the later scenes in the movie, shouting and crying coming out of me, the lady sceaming was little annoying.

The acting in this movie could have been better from some of the people, I felt that were little stale at times and there were some decent action of some of the cast in this movie.

I didn't think it would be scary or creepy, I sure did find it really entertaining.

6/10
Fanofhorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #27
Chevy Chase
Not Dead Yet

Chevy Chase is celebrating thanksgiving day for the recently returned back to life cats

Default A bit too unrealistic but still good movie

I too enjoyed the Bay, I was actually kind of scared to watch it as I have a small bit of ptsd (don't we all) I was glad to find my fears were confirmed. This movie starts out every bit of normal (these are my favorite types. Always a fear of what the filmmakers got cooking in his demented brain to shake things up) The lead was good and I like how they did not just concentrate on her but rather followed the plague around other likeable characters to give a sense of absolute chaos.

The science and government conspiracy themes were subtle enough but cold and indifferent as most are. (scenes I mean not the scientists or government as a whole)

A smart movie with good creature effects , however the director (as he is wont to do) pushes the envelope a bit far. The movie suddenly becomes an all out assault on the senses. I think maybe a bit more subtlety would have done the movie some good and turned up the creepiness a notch. After the 20th time of seeing a bug pop out of some ones nose one can become desensitized.

Still this did not detract from the creepy factor. Good movie

Last edited by Chevy Chase; 06-25-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Chevy Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:53 PM   #28
horror_movie_girl
It... Won't... Die...

horror_movie_girl is checking into Arkham Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to horror_movie_girl

I was pleasantly surprised how good this movie really was. I had low expectations because it was "found footage" but overall it was a solid flick.

My Pet Zombie Hates Your Guts But Loves Your Brain!!

Special Thanks to H.P. Pufncraft for making you want to click on my brain!!

My Horror Musings with a Psychotic Twist
Welcome to the Asylum: You Know You're Certifiable
horror_movie_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #29
CanyonBehindHer
Rotting Corpse

CanyonBehindHer has no status.

Send a message via AIM to CanyonBehindHer Send a message via Yahoo to CanyonBehindHer

I loved this movie. Could be pretty realistic. If you look up stuff about the Chesapeake Bay, so much stuff in the movie is true. Like the chicken crap and the algae levels.
CanyonBehindHer is offline   Reply With Quote