2013 NFL Thread - Page 11 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:43 PM   #101
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Iggy is still living in the 80's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorghost View Post
I've always liked the Vikings over most NFC teams especially the packers, so I like the move, hope he does well there.
I like the Vikings too. Wish I could've been around for SuperBowl VIII... that would've been a treat.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:49 AM   #102
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

DudeClassicMan has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
Looks like the Dolphins are interested in changing their Logo have you seen the rough-draft ?

On a side note gotta love Jennings going to the Vikings a big flip off to the packers.

On a side side note he was paid way too much
Eh, I’m thinking a genuine "fuck you" would be more along the lines of Clay Jr., ever jumping ship in-division to chase Rodgers’ ass around twice a season. But an injured soon to be 30-year old receiver jumping ship to a team without a quarterback? File that under “really who gives a flying fuck?” Besides this didn’t work out so well when Bernard Berrian defected from the Bears only five years ago to these very same frozen popsicle idiot dipsticks. And he was younger. Stupid fucking Vikings. Bottom line if Jennings guts the Packers that means they’re still shit enough defensively that he won’t be the only receiver gutting them next season. But worse off for losing him? Reality is recent 2nd rounders Nelson and Cobb made him an outdated item on that offense.

As for the Vikings landing him, it’s basically as meaningless as the Jets landing Santonio Holmes or Braylon Edwards. High maintenance or washed up players that are kind of useless anyways since you’re still asking Mark Sanchez to actually get them the ball. If all you can manage under center is one of these blow-up doll QB's all the shiny toys in the world (Vikings have two 1st's so they're definitely adding another receiver) won't prop the fraud up enough to make him the same as a real franchise QB.

Of course, no wide receiver acquisition will ever be as stupid as what the Cowboys gave up for Roy Eugene Williams. But now that the asshole is seemingly out of the league for good maybe we can just pretend like he never existed. Fucking GM Jerry. Pathetic.
DudeClassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:59 AM   #103
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorghost View Post
So Jake Long is gone..... seemed like yesterday we took him 1st overall, amazing how fast things can change.

I hope Johnathan Martin is up to the task this year at LT.
Going Long/Henne over Matt Ryan is all the proof you need that Parcells lost his touch by the time he got the Dolphins front office gig and that his personal assistant cocksucker Jeff Ireland never had it. That’s one thing about picking left tackle that high in the draft. If you go ahead and do it, you damn sure better find a worthwhile QB for him to protect within his first contract or it’s a wasted pick and a whole lot of wasted money. At least if you pick the top pass rusher in a given draft over a QB or LT, you're getting a self-sufficient piece that will be busting QB's asses for a long time no matter what you surround him with on defense.

Come to think of it, Parcells committed an even worse QB-related sin when he was running the Cowboys show as the bitch-titted geezer passed on Rodgers not once but twice in the '05 Draft because he had Drew “The Statue” Bleedslow. For a dude that forget more about football than all of us combined will ever know, he sure has lost the ability to know a franchise QB when he sees one.

Parcells has also been a sentimental old coot when it’s came to keeping his washed up former players employed with his new teams. This practice looks even worse when you consider his habit of discarding that team’s historically best player the minute he hits town (Emmitt, Jason Taylor.) Now that practice would be fine if Parcells was all in on youth movements wherever he went but like I said he loves recycling his washed up players who are often even worse progress stoppers than that franchise’s long-time stars he ran off because of some wild control freak hair up his ass.

Nothing against Pennington; a very smart player who got the most out of a subpar limited throwing appendage. But like Testaverde and Bledsoe as Cowboys, stubborn old obsolete Bill made an awful habit of wasting a shitload of starts on QB’s who were ill-suited to be the present or future of those respective clubs.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #104
Robcbh
Rotting Corpse

Robcbh is convinced we live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeClassicMan View Post
Parcells has also been a sentimental old coot when it’s came to keeping his washed up former players employed with his new teams. This practice looks even worse when you consider his habit of discarding that team’s historically best player the minute he hits town (Emmitt, Jason Taylor.) Now that practice would be fine if Parcells was all in on youth movements wherever he went but like I said he loves recycling his washed up players who are often even worse progress stoppers than that franchise’s long-time stars he ran off because of some wild control freak hair up his ass.

Nothing against Pennington; a very smart player who got the most out of a subpar limited throwing appendage. But like Testaverde and Bledsoe as Cowboys, stubborn old obsolete Bill made an awful habit of wasting a shitload of starts on QB’s who were ill-suited to be the present or future of those respective clubs.
Agreed, he left a wake of terribleness to every team he ever coaches besides the Giants and Patriots.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #105
nancylives!
The Living Dead

nancylives! is living!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcbh View Post
Agreed, he left a wake of terribleness to every team he ever coaches besides the Giants and Patriots.
are you kidding? he was about the only thing decent the jets have gotten a whiff of since superbowl III (i know, rexie took em to back to back afc championship games, but there is a long time between superbowl III and that). for a few years under parcell's, the jets were compelling, and there were moments in the game against denver that the jets could have turned it their way. and the cowboys, jesus, where would we be without him? no division titles and 3-13 losers with no hope of spitting distance of 8-8. i mean, it's a testament to how good he was in dallas that six years later, the cowboys are still coasting on his fumes. and dolphin fans, what do y'all have to show for anything other than parcell's time there, which netted y'all a division title and some competitive moments?

now, i'm not saying the man is infallible, nor am i saying he is still as good a coach as when he had a supreme asshole like phil simms or coked-up, all-world maniac like lawrence taylor. i'm just saying that parcell's has improved every team he has touched from what it was before he got there, and, in some instances, cleared out the jars with mold on top and left some fresh veggies behind. he's a classic coaching asshole with a good front office mind. i agree that he sometimes relies on older, familiar castoffs, and, y'know, sometimes that works (otis anderson in '90, testaverde in '97, bledsoe for the first half of 2005) and sometimes it don't (testaverde '04, bledsoe '06, eddie george '05). he didn't take jerry's bullshit, i'll tell you that, and for a minute, we were almost a professional organization.

nancylives! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #106
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers

Brian Urlacher will not return to the Chicago Bears!

I always liked Brian when he could stay healthy! He was a beast but at 35 I'm not sure he has enough in the tank to be consistent again.

I hope so though! Packers,Jaguars,Bills,Ravens,Steelers,Jets,Bills someone will take a chance on him and hopefully he hangs it up on a high note.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #107
Mr. Bill
BD's Official Thunder Buddy!

Mr. Bill is going to show that bitch a scary movie... bitches love scary movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
Brian Urlacher will not return to the Chicago Bears!
I just read about this on ESPN, sad news and I'm a little shocked

My facebook page...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horro..._type=bookmark

My film collection...
http://billsmovies.filmaf.com/owned 5045 films and counting
Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #108
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bill View Post
I just read about this on ESPN, sad news and I'm a little shocked
Well with the air being totally different in Chi-town these days I'm not really all that shocked.

I'm more shocked with how they treated Lovie Smith.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #109
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylives! View Post
are you kidding? he was about the only thing decent the jets have gotten a whiff of since superbowl III (i know, rexie took em to back to back afc championship games, but there is a long time between superbowl III and that). for a few years under parcell's, the jets were compelling, and there were moments in the game against denver that the jets could have turned it their way. and the cowboys, jesus, where would we be without him? no division titles and 3-13 losers with no hope of spitting distance of 8-8. i mean, it's a testament to how good he was in dallas that six years later, the cowboys are still coasting on his fumes. and dolphin fans, what do y'all have to show for anything other than parcell's time there, which netted y'all a division title and some competitive moments?

now, i'm not saying the man is infallible, nor am i saying he is still as good a coach as when he had a supreme asshole like phil simms or coked-up, all-world maniac like lawrence taylor. i'm just saying that parcell's has improved every team he has touched from what it was before he got there, and, in some instances, cleared out the jars with mold on top and left some fresh veggies behind. he's a classic coaching asshole with a good front office mind. i agree that he sometimes relies on older, familiar castoffs, and, y'know, sometimes that works (otis anderson in '90, testaverde in '97, bledsoe for the first half of 2005) and sometimes it don't (testaverde '04, bledsoe '06, eddie george '05). he didn't take jerry's bullshit, i'll tell you that, and for a minute, we were almost a professional organization.
You hardly ever see any “fuck Bill and his antiquated notions” sentiment going around so I feel it is my duty to provide that counterbalance. First and foremost, Parcells did very little good drafting for the Cowboys and was responsible for a lot of setbacks.

1. While it’s true Parcells actually coaxed Jerry into drafting several O-lineman with real draft picks during his stint, hardly any of them ever did shit for the Cowboys.

2. Parcells passed on Stephen Jackson in favor of Julius Jones and an extra draft pick; that pick would become Marcus Spears. Model employee or not, model citizen, pillar of the community; they fucking picked a defensive lineman who only has 10 more career sacks than me or you, Nancy.

3. Everything I’ve ever heard on the subject suggests Parcells wanted Spears before Ware while Ware was Jerry’s pet cat. So I guess if you accept Bill might have won that war room cootfight (in the scenario that they don’t have the extra pick from trading down in the ’04 Draft) the only saving grace of not getting Stephen Jackson is that if the Cowboys don’t have the extra draft pick in ‘05 they likely miss out on Ware because Bill gets his way. That’s right, Bill almost passed on the next LT; because Ware would’ve definitely been off their board by the time their other 1st round pick came up.

4. However they still fucked themselves royally when you realize they drafted Spears instead of Aaron Rodgers.

5. That pussy Bobby Carpenter was a worthless bust that didn’t even fit the 3-4 that Parcells only really drafted because his daddy played fullback on Parcells’ Giants squads.

6. In that same draft, Parcells also drafted a tight end in the 2nd round even though they already had 24 year-old Jason Witten. What fucking good is an extra tight end that only plays half your offensive snaps?

7. 5+6=vanity “Parcells guys” picks that were worthless.

Now Bill had to put up with some of Jerry’s shit. T.O. was certainly forced upon him. But then again T.O. wasn’t a washed up cancer who qualified as “diminishing returns” until ’08. In fact, there’s a very real case that without T.O. (dominant in ’07) to feed Romo’s career doesn’t get kickstarted the way it did. Keyshawn was never a pimple on T.O.’s ass; that’s for damned sure.

Finally, there’ s something to be said for finishing what you started; something Parcells didn’t do in three out of his four coaching stops. That’s not even counting the Dolphins who he never actually coached for and who had to know his modus operandi all too well by then.

As for the Cowboys coasting on his fumes, how so? Romo and Austin were fluke finds via Sean Payton and Garrett’s daddy. Now if you’re talking about the 3-4, the Cowboys blew through three separate versions of it and never figured out how to properly draft front seven (particularly the defensive line) to run it. Now they’re back to square one re-installing the 4-3. By the way, in Parcells' 1st season, they ran a 4-3 and 1st in overall defense and 2nd in points allowed. I guess "If it ain't broke, fuck you, I'm Bill Parcells and the 3-4 is my baby!"
Old 03-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #110
Jayy
It... Won't... Die...

Jayy is in bed with Lindy Booth aboard the Sulaco.

Looking forward to seeing Welker in Denver. He and Peyton will make mofos look like fools.