|03-20-2013, 09:01 AM||#38761|
Yggdrasil is tearing at the fabric of reality.
Join Date: Aug 2011
|03-20-2013, 10:10 AM||#38762|
Send... More... Paramedics
Yoxodo is eccentric
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Giedi Prime
Dracula (2012)- Dario Argento's version of the classic Bram Stoker novel leaves much to be desired. Its fraught with the same blemishes that have become a staple in Argento's work throughout the years- bad dubbing, bad acting, bad intentions. Now you can add bad CGI to the mix. These effects are below Sci-Fi channel level. And l swear to god, Dracula turns into a giant grasshopper and kills people. l'm not even making that up. I don't think Dario gives a shit anymore...The guy that plays Drac (some Euro-dude l've never heard of) isn't the worst l've ever seen, but hes no Gary Oldman. Rutger Hauer gives a passable performance as Van Helsing, but looks and sounds as if hes reading his lines from cue cards. The best part of the movie: Asia Argento's boobies. 4/10
|03-20-2013, 10:57 AM||#38763|
Deadly Fiend has no status.
Join Date: Apr 2008
10 to Midnight - 8/10
Forbidden World - 7/10
1990: The Bronx Warriors - 8/10
|03-20-2013, 11:40 AM||#38764|
Boilersuit_Mayhem is lying on the floor, seemingly dead...
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Shaping up in the UK
Mayhem. In a boilersuit.
|03-20-2013, 12:27 PM||#38765|
Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dol Guldur
This film revolves around Michaela Klingler, who suffers since her childhood epileptic breakdowns, but her situation is getting worse when she begins to hear voices, indicating that an evil entity is taking possession of her.
That movie is the german version of Emily Rose and I must say, I was a bit disappointed. As a noob to the true story behind all this, you don't even know until the end what's exactly going on with her. She hears voices and acts against her own will, but you don't get the feeling, that her situation is much more serious than depicted. It felt that it lacked more background and maybe some CGI hints as well. Documents form her ordeal prove, that her suffering was much more intense and horrid.
On the other side, I liked the sobriety and the washed out look of the movie, it added much to the desperate state Michaela was into.
Bottom line, I prefer Emily Rose over this.
Seriously, Argento completely lost it, his glory days are long gone. Does he even know anymore, that he contributed massive legendary input to the genre with his early work? I guess he totally forgot his legacy. Sad fucker.
Asia Argento is one hot little slut, though the display of her tits ain't a reason for me to get into that movie at all.
"I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
Scott Vogel from Terror
|03-20-2013, 12:37 PM||#38766|
Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hangar 18
Wrong Turn 2 Dead End: 6/10 Fun Sequel
Wrong Turn 3 Left For Dead: 5/10 Getting Worse
Wrong Turn 4 Bloody Beginnings: 5/10 Getting Painful
Wrong Turn 5 Bloodlines: 4/10 Stupid.
At least they all have some cool death scenes.
(2014) Horror Draft!
3. Monkey Shines
4. The Birds
6. Piranha 3D
8. The Ruins
|03-20-2013, 12:41 PM||#38767|
kevinb has no status.
Join Date: Jan 2013
Unbreakable - Scored a free BR copy. I wasn't impressed with the transfer here but regardless this movie is fantastic
Tonight: In Their Skin and Nightmare Painajainen merellä (2012)
- In Their Skin. First off, this is not really what I could label horror. It's a home invasion thriller resembling something like Cold Creek Manor. The movie starts out dreary and as soon as the faux family shows up, things get interestingly creepy and turn violent in no time. The dude who portrays Bob/Bobby is perfect here and really carries the film in my opinion. The rest of the cast all deserve a round of applause as well. Solid flick but if you're looking for something more violent/borderline exploitation a la Last House, you'll be disappointed.
- Nightmare Pinajblahblahblah. Avoid this one at all cost! Abstly horrible with no redeeming qualities other than the female casts look gorgeous. Gotta love Finnish chicks. It's not even Syfy Channel bad but feels almost like one of those lame ass MTV 'horror' flicks. There's no gore, no T&A, no vulgarity, all so-called "kills" happen off screen...
Last edited by kevinb; 03-20-2013 at 05:11 PM.
|03-20-2013, 03:45 PM||#38768|
The Living Dead
Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: London, England
I was disappointed after anticipating Thirst for so long but I'm sure you'll love Stoker as it's one of his best.
1. Candyman 1992
2. Don't Go in the House 1979
3. The Hills have Eyes 1977
4. Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 1986
5. The Beyond 1981
6. Frankenstein 1931
7. Darkplace "Once upon a Beginning"
8. Long Weekend 1978
9. In Fear 2013
10. Nightmare 1981
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:51 AM.