What films did you watch today? V2 - Page 3877 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #38761
Yggdrasil
Rotting Corpse

Yggdrasil is an abrasive abomination of atoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
Yeah Wasikowska was great in it, got a great future. I'm a Kidman fan myself since she blew me away in dogville, she gets judged way too harshly by people. Plus I like redheads
Amen man! She's a great actress, and I looove redheads.
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #38762
yoxodo
Send... More... Paramedics

yoxodo is playing with myself I'M GOING IN!

Dracula (2012)- Dario Argento's version of the classic Bram Stoker novel leaves much to be desired. Its fraught with the same blemishes that have become a staple in Argento's work throughout the years- bad dubbing, bad acting, bad intentions. Now you can add bad CGI to the mix. These effects are below Sci-Fi channel level. And l swear to god, Dracula turns into a giant grasshopper and kills people. l'm not even making that up. I don't think Dario gives a shit anymore...The guy that plays Drac (some Euro-dude l've never heard of) isn't the worst l've ever seen, but hes no Gary Oldman. Rutger Hauer gives a passable performance as Van Helsing, but looks and sounds as if hes reading his lines from cue cards. The best part of the movie: Asia Argento's boobies. 4/10
yoxodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #38763
Deadly Fiend
It... Won't... Die...

Deadly Fiend has no status.

10 to Midnight - 8/10

Forbidden World - 7/10

1990: The Bronx Warriors - 8/10
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Suburbia
Castle in the Sky
Death Becomes Her
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster
Streets
Deadly Fiend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #38764
Boilersuit_Mayhem
Rotting Corpse

Boilersuit_Mayhem is lying on the floor, seemingly dead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoxodo View Post
The guy that plays Drac (some Euro-dude l've never heard of) isn't the worst l've ever seen, but hes no Gary Oldman.
Thomas Kretschmann. He's usually a quality actor. He's been in a ton of stuff, including a fair number of high-profile Hollywood flicks. Chances are you've seen him a more than a few, if you scroll down his IMDb listing.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #38765
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Requiem
This film revolves around Michaela Klingler, who suffers since her childhood epileptic breakdowns, but her situation is getting worse when she begins to hear voices, indicating that an evil entity is taking possession of her.
That movie is the german version of Emily Rose and I must say, I was a bit disappointed. As a noob to the true story behind all this, you don't even know until the end what's exactly going on with her. She hears voices and acts against her own will, but you don't get the feeling, that her situation is much more serious than depicted. It felt that it lacked more background and maybe some CGI hints as well. Documents form her ordeal prove, that her suffering was much more intense and horrid.
On the other side, I liked the sobriety and the washed out look of the movie, it added much to the desperate state Michaela was into.
Bottom line, I prefer Emily Rose over this.

6/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoxodo View Post
Dracula (2012)- Dario Argento's version of the classic Bram Stoker novel leaves much to be desired. Its fraught with the same blemishes that have become a staple in Argento's work throughout the years- bad dubbing, bad acting, bad intentions. Now you can add bad CGI to the mix. These effects are below Sci-Fi channel level. And l swear to god, Dracula turns into a giant grasshopper and kills people. l'm not even making that up. I don't think Dario gives a shit anymore...The guy that plays Drac (some Euro-dude l've never heard of) isn't the worst l've ever seen, but hes no Gary Oldman. Rutger Hauer gives a passable performance as Van Helsing, but looks and sounds as if hes reading his lines from cue cards. The best part of the movie: Asia Argento's boobies. 4/10
that sounds like a reason to me to watch it anyway.
Seriously, Argento completely lost it, his glory days are long gone. Does he even know anymore, that he contributed massive legendary input to the genre with his early work? I guess he totally forgot his legacy. Sad fucker.
Asia Argento is one hot little slut, though the display of her tits ain't a reason for me to get into that movie at all.

Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #38766
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Freddy_Lives is The Velour Fog

Wrong Turn 2 Dead End: 6/10 Fun Sequel

Wrong Turn 3 Left For Dead: 5/10 Getting Worse

Wrong Turn 4 Bloody Beginnings: 5/10 Getting Painful

Wrong Turn 5 Bloodlines: 4/10 Stupid.

At least they all have some cool death scenes.

1. Drive
2. The Terminator
3. Robocop
4. Gladiator
5. X-Men: First Class
6. Her
7. Toy Story 3
8. Batman
9. Superman
10. The Running Man
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #38767
kevinb
Fresh Kill

kevinb has no status.

Unbreakable - Scored a free BR copy. I wasn't impressed with the transfer here but regardless this movie is fantastic

Tonight: In Their Skin and Nightmare Painajainen merellä (2012)

- In Their Skin. First off, this is not really what I could label horror. It's a home invasion thriller resembling something like Cold Creek Manor. The movie starts out dreary and as soon as the faux family shows up, things get interestingly creepy and turn violent in no time. The dude who portrays Bob/Bobby is perfect here and really carries the film in my opinion. The rest of the cast all deserve a round of applause as well. Solid flick but if you're looking for something more violent/borderline exploitation a la Last House, you'll be disappointed.

- Nightmare Pinajblahblahblah. Avoid this one at all cost! Abstly horrible with no redeeming qualities other than the female casts look gorgeous. Gotta love Finnish chicks. It's not even Syfy Channel bad but feels almost like one of those lame ass MTV 'horror' flicks. There's no gore, no T&A, no vulgarity, all so-called "kills" happen off screen...

Last edited by kevinb; 03-20-2013 at 05:11 PM.
kevinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #38768
Midnight-Kroovy
Rotting Corpse

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
I've been eagerly awaiting this one for a couple of years now, and I'm really glad that all the reviews I've seen have been very positive.
I've been a fan of Park since Mr. Vengeance but for some reason (Perhaps cause I stopped going on imdb every day) Stoker went completely under my radar and it was in the cinemas as soon as I heard about it.

I was disappointed after anticipating Thirst for so long but I'm sure you'll love Stoker as it's one of his best.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #38769
bloodydollface
Rotting Corpse

bloodydollface is a shithead

Basic - 7/10
Old 03-20-2013, 04:49 PM   #38770
black coffee
It... Won't... Die...

black coffee has no status.

Send a message via MSN to black coffee

Headhunters - 9/10