Hatchet III (2013) - Page 5 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 03-19-2013, 11:16 PM   #41
The Geek
Schlock King

The Geek is dancing with himself!

Send a message via Skype™ to The Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelator View Post
For sure.

Also, I don't get why the second movie gets so much shit... its just as much fun as the first.
It's really grown on me since it's release. I think my main two issues with it is the characters aren't as fun or likable as in the first film and Harris' performance wasn't all that (and I thought she was pretty good in both of Zombie's Halloween flicks)

Other than that? A shit load of fun with a great performance from Tony Todd and some great death sequences.

Bow to your King

B-Movie Madness
The Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:23 PM   #42
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
It's really grown on me since it's release. I think my main two issues with it is the characters aren't as fun or likable as in the first film and Harris' performance wasn't all that (and I thought she was pretty good in both of Zombie's Halloween flicks)

Other than that? A shit load of fun with a great performance from Tony Todd and some great death sequences.
I didn't see it for a while after its release (I think the first time I saw it was in one of your watch parties actually).

I thought it did a good job of expanding on the Crowley character and having some badass death scenes, especially in the second half.

Not sure how this one will be, but the teaser is neat. I've been following the screenwriter and director of the 3rd film on twitter for a while and they seem pretty jacked about it.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:25 PM   #43
The Geek
Schlock King

The Geek is dancing with himself!

Send a message via Skype™ to The Geek

Quote:
I didn't see it for a while after its release (I think the first time I saw it was in one of your watch parties actually).

I thought it did a good job of expanding on the Crowley character and having some badass death scenes, especially in the second half.

Not sure how this one will be, but the teaser is neat. I've been following the screenwriter and director of the 3rd film on twitter for a while and they seem pretty jacked about it.
I'm pretty excited to see it. Hopefully it hits VOD the same day it goes limited theatrical.

Now where's Laid to Rest 3 damnit!

Bow to your King

B-Movie Madness
The Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:37 AM   #44
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

DudeClassicMan has no status.

Danielle Harris sucked big time in the sequel. Not only was the original actress much more natural in the role (as opposed to a total bullshit caricature of disheveled distraught swamp trash) she was also prettier than Harris. I shit you not. I'd even venture to guess Harris must be really high maintenance in real life because she seemed much more suited to playing bitches on wheels in Cyrus and Laid To Rest 2. Matter of fact I found her hotter than hell in the latter. But she’s distractingly miscast as Mary Beth. Not that it matters anyways since Hatchet is nothing more than a modern replacement franchise for Friday the 13th.

As for Victor, well, I hope they did tweak his design however much they needed to so this guy.....

..........didn’t remind me so much of this fucking guy.

Now as far as the franchise itself goes, the first one deserves a little bit of credit for creating a shred of dread that these assholes were going to die (IMMAROBOT guy and token black guy that is.)I guess the second one is worth having on in the background and not much else with all the flat jokes and kills too over the top to make you even remotely squirm thereby defeating their own purpose. Hatchet II was really just an old timers game for a bunch of washed up horror vets.
DudeClassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:45 AM   #45
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

Quote:
Also, I don't get why the second movie gets so much shit... its just as much fun as the first.

No fucking way.

I can't think of one thing in that movie that was good. Maybe Lloyd's cameo.

Apart from that. I want every fucker in the fucking thing fucking dead. D-E-A-D.

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:41 AM   #46
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post

No fucking way.

I can't think of one thing in that movie that was good. Maybe Lloyd's cameo.

Apart from that. I want every fucker in the fucking thing fucking dead. D-E-A-D.
Carnage is good
Old 03-20-2013, 04:50 AM   #47
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

Not sure what to make of the teaser. Sending in a SWAT team seems kinda similar to the 2nds vigilante squad. I'd prefer it if they kept the story to a few vulnerable people going into the swamps. I guess the SWAT team allows for a big body count.

I'm looking forward to checking this out though, nice to have a modern slasher for some easy viewing.

1. Candyman 1992
2. Don't Go in the House 1979
3. The Hills have Eyes 1977
4. Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 1986
5. The Beyond 1981
6. Frankenstein 1931
7. Darkplace "Once upon a Beginning"
8. Long Weekend 1978
9. In Fear 2013
10. Nightmare 1981
Midnight-Kroovy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:01 AM   #48
nancylives!
The Living Dead

nancylives! is living!

Quote:
For sure.

i totally agree. additionally, i find the critique of the acting, especially danielle harris, to be hysterical. really? your main problem with hatchet 2 was the acting? seriously? um, a guy gets decapitated with his own intestines (love you, john carl), and some of y'all feel like danielle harris didn't turn in her finest performance? okay, whatevs.

but i had as much fun with the second as i did he first...

1. return of the living dead 3 (1993)
2. shocker (1989)
3. the cat people (1942)
4. the hunger (1983)
5. let me in (2010)
6. bride of re-animator (1989)
7. creature from the black lagoon (1954)
8. thir13en ghosts (2001)
9. blacula (1972)
10. swamp thing (1982)
nancylives! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #49
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeClassicMan View Post
Danielle Harris sucked big time in the sequel. Not only was the original actress much more natural in the role (as opposed to a total bullshit caricature of disheveled distraught swamp trash) she was also prettier than Harris. I shit you not. I'd even venture to guess Harris must be really high maintenance in real life because she seemed much more suited to playing bitches on wheels in Cyrus and Laid To Rest 2. Matter of fact I found her hotter than hell in the latter. But she’s distractingly miscast as Mary Beth. Not that it matters anyways since Hatchet is nothing more than a modern replacement franchise for Friday the 13th.

As for Victor, well, I hope they did tweak his design however much they needed to so this guy.....

..........didn’t remind me so much of this fucking guy.

From everything that's been said, Crowley's been given a new design. Hodder himself has said it looks more evil, so that alone has me wondering what he'll look like on screen this time.

Hopefully they finally give him a look that they can keep. The first one was okay, the second one was better, the third needs to be like, the final design, or at least something more badass.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #50
kevinb
Fresh Kill

kevinb has no status.

I agree with whomever about Danielle Harris sucking. She ruined the second film in my opinion. Totally wooden performance. However in terms of gore and story telling, the second film is superior.
kevinb is offline   Reply With Quote