Official WWE/Wrestling Thread V2 - Page 216 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #2151
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by WodenHorde View Post
ROH has sold out the Hammerstein Ballroom for Wrestlemania weekend.

And they just teased this for the month following :

Cornette's out, new talent and returning vets are being booked .. things are looking up.
8ordsr Wars?

Whoever chose that text should be fired.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #2152
Midnight-Kroovy
Rotting Corpse

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WodenHorde View Post

Cornette's out, new talent and returning vets are being booked .. things are looking up.
I haven't followed ROH in ages as it hasn't been prominent in years. I'd be very surprised if Cornette is to blame though, he's a booker that actually speaks total sense and has nothing but love for wrestling + a good track record.

I think ROH has problems from the top, their live streaming shows are renowned for technical problems. And apparently Corino got badly injured at a show and they didn't have the money to get him medical attention and it took over 2 hours for them to arrange an ambulance. Seems to me that Cornette is pissed with how its ran hence his change in status. Personally I see this as cause to be pessimistic about ROH's future. Hope I'm wrong though as its created fantastic talents in the past.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #2153
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
I haven't followed ROH in ages as it hasn't been prominent in years. I'd be very surprised if Cornette is to blame though, he's a booker that actually speaks total sense and has nothing but love for wrestling + a good track record.
Cornette's a smart guy, who has great insight into the business, but he's too old school, and is a terrible booker. His track record is not good as a booker. He likes to put all the blame on Russo in TNA, but he was a part of it all the same.

He's one of those guys you want to have in a roundtable brainstorming session, but not have any control.

Old 03-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #2154
Midnight-Kroovy
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Cornette's a smart guy, who has great insight into the business, but he's too old school, and is a terrible booker. His track record is not good as a booker. He likes to put all the blame on Russo in TNA, but he was a part of it all the same.

I guess its difficult to argue if someone is a good booker or not since we can't see what goes on behind the scenes and Russo does constantly get blamed for everything. Having watched many Cornette shoot interviews though (highly recommended) he does shed a lot of light on things.

He also did a fantastic job booking OVW, they were making really good money, getting tv shows and before wwe intervened they were going into international markets. It also created an incredible crop of talents. I think "terrible booker" is unfair. Also places usually tend to get worse when he leaves.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:48 PM   #2155
WodenHorde
The Living Dead

WodenHorde is weeping for the future.

I only caught a handful of ROH shows from the past year. It was a strange combination of the same "fighting spirit" style they always had mixed with SMW like booking. There was the occasional great match for time to time but the change ultimately made the shows bland, unexciting and boring. On top of that, the more entertaining wrestlers like Generico, Cabana and others were dropped in favor of lame OVW developmental guys like Mike Mondo and QT Marshall..

I always liked Cornette, but his ideas are outdated and the promotion was sucking as a result.

Infini-Tropolis
WodenHorde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #2156
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
I guess its difficult to argue if someone is a good booker or not since we can't see what goes on behind the scenes and Russo does constantly get blamed for everything. Having watched many Cornette shoot interviews though (highly recommended) he does shed a lot of light on things.
Those shoots, amongst other things, is what I was basing my argument on. I LOVE listening to Cornette comment on the state of Pro-Wrestling, BUT, he also sounds like an ego maniac, who rarely, if ever, blames himself. It's always "It was Russo's fault. It was Vince's fault. It was HHH's fault".

He's very good at selling himself(even if he's not actually trying to), but his contributions, and stances on the state of the business are questionable.

OVW stood out, because they were a WWE developemental territory. Heyman ran it for years as well. Without that "WWE" stamp of approval, and money, you probably wouldn't know what the hell OVW was. A big part of their success was being associated with the WWE, and not any booker's doing. FCW is where it's at now, simply because they are associated with the WWE. Take that away, and they're just another struggling promotion.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #2157
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Is anyone running the show tonight? This is ridiculous.

Cena yaps about nothing, and is interrupted by The Prime Time Players? Why?

Ryback squashes Otunga. Vicki "removes" Ryback from WM....oh wait, not WM just from the six man tag match, that was never formally announced anyways.

Now I'm watching Fandango and fucking Khali....

What the fuck is this shit? There's bad, but this is bordering on unwatchable.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:18 AM   #2158
dead breed
Super Moderator

dead breed is fire walk with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Is anyone running the show tonight? This is ridiculous.

Cena yaps about nothing, and is interrupted by The Prime Time Players? Why?

Ryback squashes Otunga. Vicki "removes" Ryback from WM....oh wait, not WM just from the six man tag match, that was never formally announced anyways.

Now I'm watching Fandango and fucking Khali....

What the fuck is this shit? There's bad, but this is bordering on unwatchable.
I find the build up to this years Mania kinda rushed. I'll order it if I'm not working .. But something just feels off this year.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #2159
Midnight-Kroovy
Rotting Corpse

Anyone played Total Extreme Wrestling? It's a wrestling based simulation game where you are owner/booker of a promotion. It's hugely detailed and they've just released a new one.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/tew2013/
Old 03-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #2160
WodenHorde
The Living Dead

WodenHorde is weeping for the future.

I'm afraid to watch tonight. Last week's Raw was god fucking awful.

Infini-Tropolis
WodenHorde is offline   Reply With Quote