The Seasoning House {2012} - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
Wonderlust
Fairies Wear Boots

Wonderlust is all fun and games, 'til somebody falls in love

Default The Seasoning House {2012}

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1555093/

Director: Paul Hyett

The Seasoning House is a stylish, claustrophobic, nightmarish neo-horror about Angel, a young Balkan girl forced to work in a rape house during an unspecified war. After killing a militiaman, she goes on the run.

Quote:
In the directorial debut of special effects guru Paul Hyatt, young actress Rosie Day plays Angel, a deaf and mute girl who sees her family brutally murdered before she is dragged to the eponymous Seasoning House, where kidnapped girls are forced to into prostitution for soldiers of a bleak and senseless Balkan war. The first half of the film has a very dream-like quality to it, as Angel, who is enslaved to care for the prostituted girls, performs her daily routine of doping the victims, and then cleaning them up after they have suffered the soldiers often disturbingly brutal attentions. Hyatt has said he was heavily influenced by Pan's Labyrinth, and it certainly shows in this half as Angel silently wanders the seasoning house and we glimpse the world as she senses, or more accurately, doesn't sense it. But when ruthless soldier Goran, played by Sean Pertwee, and his men arrive on the scene, the same soldiers responsible for murdering Angel's family, she takes drastic action and the film swerves from darkly depressing, to a taut, tense and brutal game of cat and mouse. Rosie Day does well in the lead role, her character, subdued and distant in the beginning, shows signs of life as she recalls memories of her family, slowly bonds with one of the prostitutes who fortuitously knows sign language, and eventually comes to her aid as she suffers horrifically at the hands of one of Goran's men, the monstrous Ivan, while Goran himself is a fittingly cruel and tenacious main villain. The savage scenes of rape in the first half are offset by the brutal acts of revenge and survival in the second, each accompanied, as you would expect, by some great visual effects, but while the film is engaging throughout and comes to a satisfying conclusion, it felt slightly disjointed and meandered in places. However, that doesn't ever detract from the overall tone of the film, darkly foreboding and laced with a palpable sense of menace, it's a tense and disturbing ride.

I really want to see this.

http://www.facebook.com/TheSeasoningHouse

http://www.theseasoninghouse.com/home.html

Ronny's review:
http://www.filmbizarro.com/view_revi...oninghouse.php

Source:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1555093/reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxley View Post
Her voice is amazing, like sitting on a rain cloud eating fairy floss.
Wonderlust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

I will see this this Saturday - will report back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #3
horrorking95
Rotting Corpse

horrorking95 is singing Believe! BY CHER!

Send a message via MSN to horrorking95

I'm very excited for this. It looks exactly up my street (not literally). I love a good British horror!! Eden Lake and Kill List being my favourites!

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/
horrorking95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #4
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

I wanted to see this at Fright Fest but couldn't make it. Looks like a really cool and gritty revenge flick.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #5
Santa
The Necromancer

Saw it today, here we go:
Though the theme was pretty disturbing and basically good stuff for the screen, but the implementation...not so much. The build-up wasn't that bad, using many slo-mos and bleached out imagery, but the movie doesn't really lift off, nor does the sympathy for the girl, thanks to a shallow script and second-class acting. Violence-level was decent, though sometimes not very believable. An 80 pound girl can't take out a 200 pound war monster.
I thought that Eden was the better version of the same theme.

5/10

Quote:
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #6
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post
Saw it today, here we go:
Though the theme was pretty disturbing and basically good stuff for the screen, but the implementation...not so much. The build-up wasn't that bad, using many slo-mos and bleached out imagery, but the movie doesn't really lift off, nor does the sympathy for the girl, thanks to a shallow script and second-class acting. Violence-level was decent, though sometimes not very believable. An 80 pound girl can't take out a 200 pound war monster.
I thought that Eden was the better version of the same theme.

5/10
Damn, disappointing to hear that as it looked so promising. How did you manage to see it?
Old 03-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #7
Santa
The Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
Damn, disappointing to hear that as it looked so promising. How did you manage to see it?
As part of a small filmfest. They wanted to show the new Evil Dead as well, but Sony Pictures said no. Those fuckers.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #8
Wonderlust
Fairies Wear Boots

Wonderlust is all fun and games, 'til somebody falls in love

5/10 aye?

I'll have to see this for myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxley View Post
Her voice is amazing, like sitting on a rain cloud eating fairy floss.
Wonderlust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #9
Santa
The Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
5/10 aye?

I'll have to see this for myself.
Like I said, spare your time and watch Eden instead, if you didn't already. "Seasoning House" exploitive character tends to be near zero. And I guess you have been hoping for this.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #10
Renacimiento
The Fallen Angel

Renacimiento has no status.

Location: Somewhere at the bottom of the ocean, near Argentina.

I haven't seen this movie yet, but Eden is a very good drama, most of all for its personal approach to a topic such as trafficking in women, which achieves that as a viewer, you can feel connected to the main character.