Demons 2 (1986) - Page 3 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Foreign Horror

Foreign Horror Discussion for horror films from non US markets

Old 02-28-2013, 08:03 AM   #21
Timvp
Rotting Corpse

Timvp is wandering in Limbo

One of my favorite things in both Demons movies is the Pimp/Workout instructor Bobby Rhodes, funny as hell in both movies.

Demons 2 has one of the worst final stands I've ever seen in a movie where the folks working out build this nice little last stand defense barrier and are pumped up and ready for the demons then it all goes to hell in like 2 seconds with them quickly being overran.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:29 AM   #22
Midnight-Kroovy
Rotting Corpse

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
Also the subplot with Sally's boyfriend adds NOTHING to the movie. The first film had a similar subplot but at least the characters in that became demon food.
This was strange, am I right in thinking the guy went outside to refuse the guy arriving by car entry to the party, the car crashes, the end? Unless I'm missing something it seems completely irrelevant.

The first movie the subplot worked as the group were pretty cool and got involved with the action and were also the reason the demons got outside and caused the contagion to spread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginobili View Post
One of my favorite things in both Demons movies is the Pimp/Workout instructor Bobby Rhodes, funny as hell in both movies.

Demons 2 has one of the worst final stands I've ever seen in a movie where the folks working out build this nice little last stand defense barrier and are pumped up and ready for the demons then it all goes to hell in like 2 seconds with them quickly being overran.
Bobby Rhodes was awesome although it took me a while to realize he was a different character in this, kinda confused me.

I like how the Demons somersaulted over their barricade with ease and slaughtered them, thought they had something up their sleeves but no .
Old 05-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #23
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

"Demons 2"....Not as great as the first one but still a good sequel. Awesome gore effects, good suspense, some well done atmospheric scenes, and attractive men and women highlight the movie. Especially lead guy David Knight....OH WOW!! That man is a HUNK!! Anyways...once again we have the movie within a movie theme which still works. Also love it how the movie is all pretty much set in a huge apartment building where everyone is trapped inside. Only gripes about this sequel is the stupid little ghoulie demon thing coming out of the little boy's body. Just annoying as hell with all that shrieking and screaming from that thing. That was stupid!! Also the birth scenes at the end were weakly done where the baby was dry as a bone and "Hannah" having no blood or anything on her after giving birth. LOL!! But anyways, the action was good and the movie had some nicely done special effects too. Love the birthday party demon transformation and massacre scenes with "Sally" and her friends.

6.5/10
Old 05-20-2013, 09:47 PM   #24
DeathbyIggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

DeathbyIggy is the 2014 Cult Draft Champion!

^^^ Was it really necessary to make that post, 4 times?
3. Back To The Future (1985) - Robert Zemeckis
4. Jurassic Park (1993) - Steven Spielberg
5. JAWS (1975) - Steven Spielberg
6. The Avengers (2012) - Joss Whedon
7. Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior (1981) - George Miller
8. Dawn Of The Dead (1978 ) - George A. Romero
9. Beetlejuice (1988 ) - Tim Burton
10. Beavis & Butthead Do America (1996) - Mike deSeve, Yvette Kaplan, Mike Judge
DeathbyIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:33 AM   #25
Mr. Bill
BD's Official Thunder Buddy!

Mr. Bill is watching bad movies so you don't have to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginobili View Post
That guy was great

"You're gonna listen to me? To something I said? Hasn't it become abundantly clear during the tenure of our friendship that I don't know shit?"

http://billsmovies.filmaf.com/
Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:54 AM   #26
RomeroCarpenter Fan
Rotting Corpse

RomeroCarpenter Fan has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bill View Post
That guy was great
he sure was.
RomeroCarpenter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote