Tool Working On New Album - Page 9 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Music Discussion

Music Discussion Wow that new Britney Track Rules! Talk about that (and other music stuff) here.

Old 02-11-2013, 04:28 AM   #81
Frey
BANNED

Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!

Send a message via Yahoo to Frey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post
Well at least it is coming this year, and that 20 minute track sounds awesome.
Back when 10,000 Days was about to come out he said the exact same thing but there wasnt a 20 minute song.
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #82
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Talk about messing with fans. Sheesh.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #83
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

There's been a lot of activity with these guys of late. Lots of mini interviews with radio stations, announcements of a short Australian tour, Maynard posting that there is no album. An album is definitely on the horizon. I wouldn't be surprised if it was completed months ago.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #84
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Outpost #31 is gunning for Ricky Spanish

Quote:
TOOL will release a handcrafted, bonus-laden, limited edition package of their original debut EP, Opiate, on Mar. 26 to mark the 21st anniversary of the six-song release.

The anniversary edition is limited to 5,000 copies and features art direction by Adam Jones, illustrations by legendary artist Adi Granov and design packaging by Mackie Osborne, who has collaborated with TOOL on many albums including 10,000 Days, Lateralus and Salival as well as posters and merchandise.

The 5,000 copies will be broken down as 5 x 1,000 runs with each set featuring a variation of the exterior graphics and included bonus items which include a new stereoscopic image for fans to use with their glasses from the 10,000 Days packaging.

The packages will only be available via TOOL's website www.toolband.com on Mar. 26 and there will be no pre-orders. A limit of three packages from each of the 5 x 1,000 versions will be in place. More details to be announced soon.
Stop farting around and release the new cd I'll be a sucker and get the limit of three packages although wondering how fast the small lot will last.
Outpost #31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #85
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

This is all good and well but just release the new disc, for fucks sake.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:31 AM   #86
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

From Loudwire.

Quote:
We’ve got an update from the Tool camp regarding the band’s long-awaited fifth studio album! Posted on Oct. 23 at Tool’s official website, a lengthy testimonial has been made public detailing the album’s progression.

Back in July, we spoke with drummer Danny Carey about his new project Volto! before sneaking in a few Tool questions as well. At that point, the drummer spoke about the creative progression of Tool’s new stuff and his hopes to enter the studio by 2013′s end.

As for vocalist Maynard James Keenan, the man teased a 2014 release for Tool’s next album back in September. Keenan relayed the info through Puscifer‘s Instagram account, writing, “For my 666th IG photo, I’d just like to say… Music is happening on ALL fronts. Always. #lightenupfrancis#shitupandletmework #tool2014 @aperfectcircle @tool @puscifer”

Although Tool’s newest update doesn’t offer any info on Maynard Keenan’s involvement in the creative process, it does paint a more vivid picture of what to expect from Tool. Here’s the full update from Tool’s insider as posted on the band’s official website:

A couple of weeks ago I visited the Tool loft to try and get some kind of idea as to how things were progressing with the writing sessions now that the band was back hard at it. Well, I am happy to report that there has indeed been a lot of progress as far as new material goes, especially with the lengthy so-called “epic’ piece that the guys have been arranging for quite some time now.

Shortly after I arrived, before taking to their respective instruments, Adam suggested that everyone should first have a listen to what they had recorded during the previous session in order to make sure that all were in agreement with certain recently added sections. And listen they did. In fact, to give you some idea – my parking meter expired twice before they were done. And judging from the smiles on their faces, it seemed that, for the most part, Danny, Adam and Justin liked very much what they were hearing and that after some finishing touches, the ‘epic’ tune would be ready for Maynard to do his thing. (During some of the more melodic passages, I was trying to envision the vocals which, to me, brings it all together.)

After a bit of discussion about some rapid-fire triplets in one section, I asked Danny if he was going to be able to knock out the piece in one take when it came time to track it? His response was to smile and bury his head in his hands, which I will let the readers interpret for themselves. As for the song itself, without giving too much away, it features complex time signatures, interesting harmonic structure and expanding effects processing – similar to what fans of Tool have come to expect – only now, perhaps not surprisingly, the band has taken it to the next level.

Okay, having given you this bit of an update, please note that I am NOT suggesting in any way that the band is ready to go into the studio any time soon. I honestly have no idea as far as any recording timetables go. I am also not sure how many other songs are near completion at this point. Nor do I know at what stage the vocals might be at for ANY of the new material. All I am saying is that as far as this one particular song goes (albeit, a very lengthy one), it was a LOT closer to being finished (instrumentally, speaking) than the last time that I heard it, and that fans of Tool’s music will certainly not be disappointed.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:39 AM   #87
active_enemy
Rotting Corpse

active_enemy is finally back.

Send a message via MSN to active_enemy

New record? Hey Tool - still waiting for the Lateralus live DVD.
#ass
active_enemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:11 PM   #88
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Outpost #31 is gunning for Ricky Spanish

Outpost #31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:26 PM   #89
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outpost #31 View Post

Old 01-02-2014, 02:51 PM   #90
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by active_enemy View Post
New record? Hey Tool - still waiting for the Lateralus live DVD.
#ass
That shit will never happen. I heard about it too, but they obviously dropped the execution out of...laziness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote