StageFright: Aquarius (1987) - Michele Soavi - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Golden Age

Golden Age Horror movies from the 1960's - 1980's.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #1
Caustic Coffee
Abuser of Power

Caustic Coffee is the I in team.

Default StageFright: Aquarius (1987) - Michele Soavi

Link to old thread

The film opens with an acting troop working on a failed production. They lock themselves in a building to work on their play, when a killer starts moving amongst them and killing them off when they're alone. The actors believe this will cause positive press and push on with the production, even as their stars are killed off.

I thought this was one of the better all time slashers, much less one of the best Italian slashers. Directed by Soavi from his Cemetery Man fame, it had the strange sense of whimsy that I loved about the Italian Horrors of the time. It has not aged at all. The killer in the owl mask seems odd until you see the movie and notice how well it fits in with the style. The movie perfectly captures how ridiculous artists can be in pursuit of their craft, even continuing when a killer is after them.

Everyone needs to see this.
Caustic Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #2
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

"Stage Fright"....One of the greatest slasher/horror films. 1st time director Michele Soavi did a fantastic job. Alot of the death scenes are shocking and brutal. A pick-axe to the face/mouth, a body torn apart, a decapitation, body drilling, etc!! Lots of blood and suspense. I absolutely love this movie and watch it at least 2 or 3 times a year. The cast is pretty good for the most part,especially the 2 main leads David Brandon and Barbara Cupisti. Suspenseful atmosphere, top notch directing, suspense, blood, some gore, and good music score make Stage Fright a terrific hit!!

9/10
Old 01-24-2013, 01:25 PM   #3
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
Link to old thread

The film opens with an acting troop working on a failed production. They lock themselves in a building to work on their play, when a killer starts moving amongst them and killing them off when they're alone. The actors believe this will cause positive press and push on with the production, even as their stars are killed off.

I thought this was one of the better all time slashers, much less one of the best Italian slashers. Directed by Soavi from his Cemetery Man fame, it had the strange sense of whimsy that I loved about the Italian Horrors of the time. It has not aged at all. The killer in the owl mask seems odd until you see the movie and notice how well it fits in with the style. The movie perfectly captures how ridiculous artists can be in pursuit of their craft, even continuing when a killer is after them.

Why has the original thread been closed in the Foreign Horror section?
Old 01-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #4
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Outpost #31 is gunning for Ricky Spanish

I've taken this one in a couple horror drafts Very solid 80's slasher with a ton of atmosphere.
Outpost #31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #5
Caustic Coffee
Abuser of Power

Caustic Coffee is the I in team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
Why has the original thread been closed in the Foreign Horror section?
Because it was started in 2006 and frequently these threads go stale, so I was seeing if there'd be new conversation about it. There are tons of threads that suffer the same fate. No further talk happens about Jaws because that thread that was started in 2004 is still in existence somewhere.

New posters never see the older threads, so I was turning over a few key discussion points and this doesn't get talked about enough.
Caustic Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:05 AM   #6
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
New posters never see the older threads, so I was turning over a few key discussion points and this doesn't get talked about enough.
I don't think they are too dumb to operate with the search function properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:47 PM   #7
RomeroCarpenter Fan
Rotting Corpse

RomeroCarpenter Fan has no status.

Quote:
Link to old thread

one of the best and greatest slashers. features some great death scenes. the original thread in the foreign section shouldn't have been locked though.

(8/10)
RomeroCarpenter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:25 AM   #8
RomeroCarpenter Fan
Rotting Corpse

the old closed thread should be emerged with this one. way more posts on the old thread.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:55 PM   #9
RomeroCarpenter Fan
Rotting Corpse

this new thread still hasnt been merged with the old thread? there are many posts about this awesome slasher film in the old thread.

merge them together mods
Old 02-19-2014, 12:58 PM   #10
Lasetta
Fresh Kill

Lasetta has no status.

Great to see such love for this masterpiece. Amazing film I love everything about it.