loving the achievements as well

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/
Old 02-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #13022
Justin_Voorhees
The Living Dead

Justin_Voorhees has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post

Why do people feed reviewers? Everyone has different tastes. I can stand people who review shit, be it films or games or whatever. They nit pick and bitch about every fucking thing, pack of fucking wankers. I hope they have a severe car crash and take out a family of innocents, just for being cunt rags.

The game is loads of fun, and any hardcore ALien fan is surely to be happy. Just don't expect something that looks and plays like BioShock, it has a GREAT arcade feel that I love.

Don't you think you're being a little harsh? I mean if it were one or two reviewers I could see your point but when it's all of them...
Why can't I expect Bioshock? For a game that I originally saw announced in a ps2 magazine back in 2002 it had better be far superior to Bioshock. Just because it has ALIENS on it doesn't mean a hardcore Alien fan should just take it as it is.
Will I get it, eventually yes but not until the price has dropped considerably. I don't have the time or money to be wasting on half assed games.
Justin_Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:23 PM   #13023
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
Don't you think you're being a little harsh? I mean if it were one or two reviewers I could see your point but when it's all of them...
Why can't I expect Bioshock? For a game that I originally saw announced in a ps2 magazine back in 2002 it had better be far superior to Bioshock. Just because it has ALIENS on it doesn't mean a hardcore Alien fan should just take it as it is.
Will I get it, eventually yes but not until the price has dropped considerably. I don't have the time or money to be wasting on half assed games.
Name one game that has had a very long, troubled development history and t=has come out with critical acclaim?

And am I being harsh? Fuck no, not harsh enough. Their parasites.

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:25 PM   #13024
Justin_Voorhees
The Living Dead

Quote:
Name one game that has had a very long, troubled development history and t=has come out with critical acclaim?

And am I being harsh? Fuck no, not harsh enough. Their parasites.
They're

Look I know I'll eventually get it. I grew up with both the Alien and Ghostbusters franchises, but I am definitely disappointed with what I have read concerning the game. I was hoping for an experience better than the one given by AvP (which I enjoyed) but just from what I have read, this game isn't even as good as that was.
Still I think the reviewers are probably right on this one. I generally avoid reviewers as you really have to experience a game yourself before you can judge it. However all of the critics are slaming it and they can't all be wrong can they?
Old 02-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #13025
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
They're

Look I know I'll eventually get it. I grew up with both the Alien and Ghostbusters franchises, but I am definitely disappointed with what I have read concerning the game. I was hoping for an experience better than the one given by AvP (which I enjoyed) but just from what I have read, this game isn't even as good as that was.
Still I think the reviewers are probably right on this one. I generally avoid reviewers as you really have to experience a game yourself before you can judge it. However all of the critics are slaming it and they can't all be wrong can they?
Personal taste. So to some yes.

Hell I didn't like AvP too much. I finished the Alien missions, did some of the Human ones then traded it in. This blows that out of the water, at least on a fun scale anyway.

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:25 AM   #13026
Yoxodo
Send... More... Paramedics

Yoxodo is melting!!!!!!!!

Aliens: CM is a bust. lt hasn't been holding my attention, so l'm gravitating back to DC Universe Online.
Yoxodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #13027
Timvp
Rotting Corpse

Timvp is going to the carnival and it'll be a bad day..

Quote:
Hell I didn't like AvP too much. I finished the Alien missions, did some of the Human ones then traded it in. This blows that out of the water, at least on a fun scale anyway.
I just recently traded that in. Beat both Alien and Marine (HATED the last level of this storyline) campaigns on Hard mode but never even bothered with the Predator missions. Just wasn't fun to play as the Predator. Think I did the tutorial and half of the first mission and just stopped.

I did pick up Aliens: Colonial Marines from Redbox today. See if it's as bad as everyone says it is. Worst case scenario I'll only spend $4 on it.
Has anyone played Dead Space 3 yet? If so mind telling me how it is?

Last edited by Timvp; 02-15-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Timvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #13028
bloodydollface
Rotting Corpse

bloodydollface is a shithead

Played the free beta for Dust: 514. What a load of shit. They claim it's this revolutionary product and changes how people will interact and play on large scale levels... Gimme a fucking break. It's exactly like Starhawk except that it's 1000x more complicated. The controls are sluggish, respawn times are terribly long, user interface is not "user" friendly at all, game looks like shit (not usually a problem for me, except it just adds to all the problems already), and I was never sure what the fuck I was suppose to be doing. It showed objectives, but I was never able to interact with anything. The game ended in 10 minutes and I don't even know how my team lost. The best score on the other team was 5 kills 2 deaths. Granted it's still a beta, but I don't see this going anywhere...
Old 02-19-2013, 08:40 AM   #13029
SlayerX
OG Salmon

SlayerX is feeding you bacon strips for your hater lips

About to boot up Crysis 3. I enjoyed the multiplayer improvements from the beta over C2 but hopefully some final tweaks were made since the shotgun was insanely OP and there are some cloaking/armor transitioning issues. Really looking forward to the campaign since I absolutely LOVED the Crysis 2 campaign.

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation
SlayerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #13030
Justin_Voorhees
The Living Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodydollface View Post
Played the free beta for Dust: 514. What a load of shit. They claim it's this revolutionary product and changes how people will interact and play on large scale levels... Gimme a fucking break. It's exactly like Starhawk except that it's 1000x more complicated. The controls are sluggish, respawn times are terribly long, user interface is not "user" friendly at all, game looks like shit (not usually a problem for me, except it just adds to all the problems already), and I was never sure what the fuck I was suppose to be doing. It showed objectives, but I was never able to interact with anything. The game ended in 10 minutes and I don't even know how my team lost. The best score on the other team was 5 kills 2 deaths. Granted it's still a beta, but I don't see this going anywhere...
I tried it a while ago and I was not impressed.