In thirty Years, What films from the Current Era (2000-Now) will be called Classics? - Page 4 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > General Horror Talk

General Horror Talk Does it have something to do with horror? Does it not fit in anywhere else? Post It Here!

Old 02-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #31
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frey View Post
I disagree. I find H2 pretty hated by horror communities online like BD. I would seriously hope in 20 or so years from now someone who is getting into horror would prefer the original Halloween/Halloween 2 over this. Same goes for TCM. I would rather have the original any day then the remake.
That's all subjective to opinion, but BD is literally the only place I've seen as of late that's still harsh towards Rob's H2. Everywhere else everyone has calmed down & I've talked to a lot of people who used to hate it, and now they love it.

Rob's H2 is most certainly better than the original HII. I mean, sure, the original HII is a classic, but it has way more flaws than Rob's H2. It completely misses the point of the original while taking up the level of gore to follow F13th, & it introduces a very poor storyline that John Carpenter himself admitted only came about because he was drunk & didn't know what to write.

I understand why people don't like Rob's H2: because it's different, but these are the same people who were clamoring for something new to be done. This is the only movie that makes sense of the brother/sister story angle while adding more depth to both Laurie & Michael instead of him being the terminator he was in the sequels where he was more or less a bad Voorhees clone.

Haha, didn't mean to ramble, but that's just my two cents on the whole shit. I'm not a fanboy by any means, but from a fan's perspective as well as a filmmaking perspective, I don't see anything horrible about Zombie's H2.

As for TCM, out of the three recent installments, the remake is the only one that's going to be remembered in twenty or thirty years. One day everybody's going to go "Texas Chainsaw 3D? what's that?"
Old 02-06-2013, 10:49 PM   #32
travisbickle
Send... More... Paramedics

travisbickle is warning you, I'll put a knife right in you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
Except for it's absence of cats.
Yeah, it had one bad CG scene in the entire movie. And that's pretty much the only flaw in the film.

The remake had way more shitty CG.

My DVD's/Blu's
travisbickle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:04 PM   #33
Erebus Dirge
Rotting Corpse

Erebus Dirge is dressing up his turds like barbie dolls with thedead flayed skins of his enemies

By far i think the most enduring will be The Final Destination series. The premise of Death settling his accounts with those who have cheated him is timeless. And the sheer entertainment value of the creativity of the so-called fatal freak accidents. Its all about the kills, it what keeps bringing folks back and will do for years to come.

" The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Read latest fiction " The Closet by rhill10" in DEMETIONS at http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/for...t=61754&page=5
Erebus Dirge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #34
floyd2006
The Living Dead

floyd2006 is In The Twilight Zone

Drive
Wolf Creek
Death Sentence
Versus
Old 02-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #35
Se7en
The Bad Guy

Se7en is DRANK MOODY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myerszilla View Post
That's all subjective to opinion, but BD is literally the only place I've seen as of late that's still harsh towards Rob's H2. Everywhere else everyone has calmed down & I've talked to a lot of people who used to hate it, and now they love it.

I understand why people don't like Rob's H2: because it's different, but these are the same people who were clamoring for something new to be done. This is the only movie that makes sense of the brother/sister story angle while adding more depth to both Laurie & Michael instead of him being the terminator he was in the sequels where he was more or less a bad Voorhees clone.
What places have you seen people defend it? Rob Zombie fan sites?

People don't hate H2 because it's different. They hate it because it was terribly written, generic, boring, not the least bit creepy or tense with a story that makes absolutely no sense, filled with some of the most unlikable characters I've seen in horror recently. (Don't even get me started on those dream sequences.)

The only redeeming thing about the movie is the first 10-20 minutes in the hospital. After that it becomes the nonsensical dribble we've become used to seeing in horror recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd2006 View Post
Drive
Wolf Creek
Death Sentence
Versus
In what world are Drive and Death Sentence horror?

Drive is definitely a classic though.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #36
NightmareWarrior
Rotting Corpse

NightmareWarrior has no status.

THE CABIN IN THE WOODS

NightmareWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #37
horrorking95
Rotting Corpse

horrorking95 is singing Believe! BY CHER!

Send a message via MSN to horrorking95

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
THE CABIN IN THE WOODS

I second that!

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/
horrorking95 is offline   Reply With Quote