Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (2006) - Page 133 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 02-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #1321
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Imo, there's nothing wrong with adding to the legacy as long as it's a good movie that can stand on it's own merits. The problem with the TCM series is that they seem to just get anybody to put together a movie & end up completely missing the point and flavor of the original.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #1322
Se7en
The Bad Guy

Se7en is DRANK MOODY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myerszilla View Post
Imo, there's nothing wrong with adding to the legacy as long as it's a good movie that can stand on it's own merits. The problem with the TCM series is that they seem to just get anybody to put together a movie & end up completely missing the point and flavor of the original.
Nightmare on Elm Street
Halloween
The Thing (Prequel, but basically a remake)
Friday the 13th
The Wicker Man
Psycho
Mirrors
The Hitcher
Children of the Corn
Prom Night
The Fog
The Omen

Good sequels/reboots are hard to come by (I can only think of 5-6 that are actually good) and there is no reason to continue piling on bullshit movies to make a quick buck, which is what they do and will continue to do for as long as they make money. Occasionally they will hire a good writer/director who gets the source material and it will work (Dawn, Hills, Last House) but is it really worth it?
Old 02-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #1323
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

If they learn to continuously hire people that will actually focus on making a good product then sure, I'd say it's worth it, but that's likely to be something movie studios will never catch on to.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:29 AM   #1324
Se7en
The Bad Guy

Se7en is DRANK MOODY

Quote:
If they learn to continuously hire people that will actually focus on making a good product then sure, I'd say it's worth it, but that's likely to be something movie studios will never catch on to.
But that's never going to happen.

For every good remake there's 15 other ones that contribute nothing at all to the genre.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #1325
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Yeah, it may not, but I still stand by my statement. I'm not a person who wants more movies just for the sake of it. I'd like more installments if somebody has a decent story to tell. If not, just shelve it & wait until somebody comes along that does.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:28 PM   #1326
Dr. McStuffin
Rotting Corpse

Dr. McStuffin is making the Lacerta Plague look like a fucking square dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
Occasionally they will hire a good writer/director who gets the source material and it will work (Dawn, Hills, Last House) but is it really worth it?
I think it's the built in fan base and inherent lack of risk that makes these remakes sound choices from a purely business standpoint. As far as being worth it, for them, obviously. Like my great grand daddy Ulysses Ironside "Bulgie" McDowall said, "They will continue to milk the cow as long as it's teats have milk."
Dr. McStuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:31 AM   #1327
Se7en
The Bad Guy

Se7en is DRANK MOODY

Quote:
Yeah, it may not, but I still stand by my statement. I'm not a person who wants more movies just for the sake of it. I'd like more installments if somebody has a decent story to tell. If not, just shelve it & wait until somebody comes along that does.
But when you have a franchise like Halloween, NOES, or TCM, they shouldn't be remade at all.

The only movies that should be remade are shit like The Crazies or Mother's Day. Shitty movies that had potential, and could be improved on.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:17 AM   #1328
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post

The only movies that should be remade are shit like The Crazies or Mother's Day. Shitty movies that had potential, and could be improved on.
As far as I know, they already did that. The Crazies reboot was fine, though Mother's Day not so much - aside from Rebecca De Mornays performance it felt pretty dull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #1329
Se7en
The Bad Guy

Se7en is DRANK MOODY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post
As far as I know, they already did that. The Crazies reboot was fine, though Mother's Day not so much - aside from Rebecca De Mornays performance it felt pretty dull.
Yeah, they did. I really liked The Crazies and Mother's Day was decent. Definitely better than the originals, which is what I was going for.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #1330
Shoggoth
The Living Dead

Shoggoth is in a land of confusion

I decided to watch this movie again just because of the fair amount of love it gets on this board and I disliked it as much as the first time I saw it. It was overall boring with some terribly unlikeable characters. One thing I really did like was the way the boyfriend mask looks. Not sure what made it so appealing but I liked it.