Tool Working On New Album - Page 8 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Music Discussion

Music Discussion Wow that new Britney Track Rules! Talk about that (and other music stuff) here.

Old 12-25-2012, 05:29 PM   #71
Frey
BANNED

Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!

Send a message via Yahoo to Frey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusted31 View Post
Exactly. There's a common thread, that unmistakable Tool sound through all of their albums, even though each release is a step forward from the previous one.

I would only be concerned if Tool took a sharp u turn and started experimenting with electronics, ala Radiohead.
And what may I ask has ever been wrong with Radiohead?
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:50 PM   #72
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
And what may I ask has ever been wrong with Radiohead?
Nothing is wrong with Radiohead. Although, I see what he's getting at.

Radiohead has experimented to the point, where if Thom York wasn't the vocalist, you would have no clue as to who the artist you were listening to. Radiohead is a rare breed, who actually managed to change up their sound, and still put out stellar material.

I don't think Tool could do the same. Their fans aren't as patient, and their sound isn't as diverse. Not a knock on Tool by any means, it's just that their sound/identity is all the more distinct.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:51 AM   #73
Frey
BANNED

From the official Tool website http://www.toolband.com

Quote:
I was hoping to be able to throw some of you a bone the first week of the New Year, but for certain reasons this announcement has been pushed back a month. Therefore, look for a news post that will be exciting to some towards the end of the first week in February. Most likely this will leak out on the Net before then, but either way I knew that my introducing the renowned maverick entomologist Rance Q. Spartley to the members of Tool was a damn good idea!

Also, check back from time to time for another newsworthy tidbit sometime in March (Don't even try to guess, because this one's really coming from left field!) And, after this, there should be at least one more item of interest to Tool enthusiasts before further speculation is discussed involving the band's next album (let alone any actual time-tables for recording, etc.).
Old 01-30-2013, 02:40 AM   #74
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frey View Post
From the official Tool website http://www.toolband.com
Knowing this band that could mean anything.

Translation: This is a tease about the new album. Maynard is currently on tour with Puscifer so new Tool album will be released 2014.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:50 PM   #75
Frey
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Nothing is wrong with Radiohead. Although, I see what he's getting at.

Radiohead has experimented to the point, where if Thom York wasn't the vocalist, you would have no clue as to who the artist you were listening to. Radiohead is a rare breed, who actually managed to change up their sound, and still put out stellar material.

I don't think Tool could do the same. Their fans aren't as patient, and their sound isn't as diverse. Not a knock on Tool by any means, it's just that their sound/identity is all the more distinct.
I see what ou mean. The only time Tool realy made a big sound transition was the leap from Undertow to Aenema.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:52 PM   #76
Frey
BANNED

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.asp...sitemID=185839

Old 02-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #77
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

I smell bullshit.

Maynard is a known prankster and these guys always give fans the run around. One minute they say the album is nearly done, the next they say there will be no album.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #78
bloodydollface
Rotting Corpse

bloodydollface is a shithead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frey View Post
I see what ou mean. The only time Tool realy made a big sound transition was the leap from Undertow to Aenema.
You have to take into consideration that Maynard also has two other bands he uses to change the sound with. Plus, Tool is not just Maynard's band. Adam Jones and Danny Carrie are largely responsible for the sound of Tool as well. I doubt that each of their styles will change that much on the next record. At least I hope...
Old 02-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #79
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Outpost #31 is gunning for Ricky Spanish

Quote:
Tool fans were disappointed to say the least when singer Maynard James Keenan announced that there would be no release from the band in 2013. The modern experimental legends have been working on a new album for some time, and drummer Danny Carey says, along with a bunch of other news, that a 2013 release is still planned.

When it comes to the upcoming Tool album, Carey stated that it is still planned to dropin 2013. “Sometime this year … that’s all I can say,” Carey tells TheRockFM about the record. “The sooner the better for us. We’re working everyday but you can never predict it, honestly. We’re really excited about it so I hope all the fans will be too.” Carey also reports that bassist Justin Chancellor has been the “main driving force” to get the album completed.

Carey also told the radio station that he plays drums on the soundtrack to the upcoming Superman film ‘Man of Steel.’ In addition, he adds that Tool have a massive amount of live material that may be released on CD or DVD form in the future. “We have tons of stuff recorded,” says Carey. “I hope we do make that happen one of these days. We have lots of video stuff too, we could do a DVD or two whenever we get around to it. We’re kind of trying to focus on the new thing now, so we’ll go back at some point and do it.”

In a separate interview with David Farrier, Carey spoke about an epic 20-minute piece being constructed for Tool’s next record. “We’re still – believe it or not! – still working on it,” the drummer says about the piece. “[Laughs] It’s like an ever-evolving thing, it’s probably going to turn into a thing that’s like, a big trilogy type of feel to it, sort of like ‘Disposition’ and ‘Intension’ and ‘Triad,’ like on the ‘Lateralus’ record or something. It will probably be over a 20-minute piece when it’s all finished, so it will be a good part of the record. We’re dealing with it in sections, but it’s coming together really well, we’re having lots of fun working on it, that’s for sure.”

Finally, Danny Carey revealed that he was, in fact, the mystery Tool member that sustained injuries from what was reported as a Vespa accident. “It’s been tough lately because I cracked four ribs,” Carey begins, “broke three of them on a motorcycle the other day, so I am kinda laid up at this point, it’s making it really painful to play. It’s not an easy thing to do. [Laughs] … it was just over in the San Fernando Valley, I was just turning to go on the freeway, and I think I hit some antifreeze or oil or something, and the wheels just slipped right out from under me, and I just hit the pavement really hard. [Laughs] … Yeah, I’m still in one piece anyway, but I don’t know how lucky I was the way I feel right now [Laughs]. It’s pretty painful, but some painkillers and some scotch will get you through it.”

Tool have also just announced a cluster of tour dates in Australia and New Zealand. Stay tuned for more news on the band’s upcoming record.
Outpost #31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #80
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Well at least it is coming this year, and that 20 minute track sounds awesome.