Aliens: Colonial Marines official thread - Page 14 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Don't Be A Nerd

Don't Be A Nerd Computers, Video Games, Technology... that sort of stuff

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 08:57 PM   #131
oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs
 
oxley's Avatar
oxley is slice'n and dice'n.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Bates Motel, Australia
Posts: 20,774
Send a message via MSN to oxley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead breed View Post
Looks great.
__________________
All Genre Draft 2014

1. Rush (2013)
2. SalÚ, or the 120 Days of Sodom (1975)
3. Django Unchained (2012)
4. Eraserhead (1977)
5. The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976)
6. Once Were Warriors (1994)
7. The Penalty (1920)
8. Antiviral (2012)
9. Island of Lost Souls (1932)
10. A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984) Wes Craven
oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:17 PM   #132
zigwardScissorHands
Fresh Kill
 
zigwardScissorHands's Avatar
zigwardScissorHands is eating skittles, vomiting rainbows
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 115
Default

please please please PLEASE! don't disappoint
zigwardScissorHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:01 AM   #133
oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs
 
oxley's Avatar
oxley is slice'n and dice'n.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Bates Motel, Australia
Posts: 20,774
Send a message via MSN to oxley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigwardScissorHands View Post
please please please PLEASE! don't disappoint
I really, really don't think it will.
__________________
All Genre Draft 2014

1. Rush (2013)
2. SalÚ, or the 120 Days of Sodom (1975)
3. Django Unchained (2012)
4. Eraserhead (1977)
5. The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976)
6. Once Were Warriors (1994)
7. The Penalty (1920)
8. Antiviral (2012)
9. Island of Lost Souls (1932)
10. A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984) Wes Craven
oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #134
zigwardScissorHands
Fresh Kill
 
zigwardScissorHands's Avatar
zigwardScissorHands is eating skittles, vomiting rainbows
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 115
Default

reviews haven't been kind
zigwardScissorHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #135
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator
 
The Revelator's Avatar
The Revelator has no status.
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: outside the wall
Posts: 11,621
Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator
Default

Apparently this game sucks. Oh well.
__________________
The Revelator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:40 PM   #136
BeRightBack
Flyboy
 
BeRightBack's Avatar
BeRightBack is doing people, and seeing things
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chester, Virginia
Posts: 1,767
Default

Kinda dissappointed that Dead Space 3, and especially this are getting bad reviews. I wanted to get them both, but that just an extra 120 bones I can throw towards God of War: Ascension, Dead Island: Riptide, and The Last of Us, later on this year.

A: CM had so much potential.... apparently there's a bit of drama behind this game.

So Gearbox (the people who made goty Borderlands 2) have been promoting this game, as if they were the developers, but in actuality, gearbox outsourced the single player of this game to a lesser known studio who has only put out bad games before, while gearbox only partially worked on the multi-player.

The reason I was excited for this was solely coming off playing Borderlands 2, I thought the writers would nail that goofy, military fun aspect of Aliens, while keeping the same fun gameplay from Borderlands. I think everyone thought that. Gearbox is turning into a poor company with shady industry tactics, that made one good game. sigh*
BeRightBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #137
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator
 
The Revelator's Avatar
The Revelator has no status.
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: outside the wall
Posts: 11,621
Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRightBack View Post
Kinda dissappointed that Dead Space 3, and especially this are getting bad reviews. I wanted to get them both, but that just an extra 120 bones I can throw towards God of War: Ascension, Dead Island: Riptide, and The Last of Us, later on this year.

A: CM had so much potential.... apparently there's a bit of drama behind this game.

So Gearbox (the people who made goty Borderlands 2) have been promoting this game, as if they were the developers, but in actuality, gearbox outsourced the single player of this game to a lesser known studio who has only put out bad games before, while gearbox only partially worked on the multi-player.

The reason I was excited for this was solely coming off playing Borderlands 2, I thought the writers would nail that goofy, military fun aspect of Aliens, while keeping the same fun gameplay from Borderlands. I think everyone thought that. Gearbox is turning into a poor company with shady industry tactics, that made one good game. sigh*
I was reading about this too... apparently a group of extremely inexperienced programmers made this. Fucking why??
__________________
The Revelator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #138
oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs
 
oxley's Avatar
oxley is slice'n and dice'n.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Bates Motel, Australia
Posts: 20,774
Send a message via MSN to oxley
Default

I love it. I really do. It captures the feel, look, and sounds of the film perfectly! Yeah, gameplay isn't the best, but who cares. I rather it true to the Alien mythos than have great graphics and all that.

I really love it, and I think people are doing an extremely uncalled for amount of crying. It's been awhile since I've just had so much fun. And all the little fanboy moments fucking rule.
__________________
All Genre Draft 2014

1. Rush (2013)
2. SalÚ, or the 120 Days of Sodom (1975)
3. Django Unchained (2012)
4. Eraserhead (1977)
5. The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976)
6. Once Were Warriors (1994)
7. The Penalty (1920)
8. Antiviral (2012)
9. Island of Lost Souls (1932)
10. A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984) Wes Craven
oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #139
Caustic Coffee
Abuser of Power
 
Caustic Coffee's Avatar
Caustic Coffee is the I in team.
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 13,722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post
I love it. I really do. It captures the feel, look, and sounds of the film perfectly! Yeah, gameplay isn't the best, but who cares. I rather it true to the Alien mythos than have great graphics and all that.

I really love it, and I think people are doing an extremely uncalled for amount of crying. It's been awhile since I've just had so much fun. And all the little fanboy moments fucking rule.
Good. My heart sank when I was reading some of the reviews.
Caustic Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:34 PM   #140
oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs
 
oxley's Avatar
oxley is slice'n and dice'n.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Bates Motel, Australia
Posts: 20,774
Send a message via MSN to oxley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
Good. My heart sank when I was reading some of the reviews.
The gameplay makes it feel like some awesome retro Arcade game. And I love that vibe. The amount of detail is just amazing, hell they even brough set designers from the film into the Developing stage to design areas of the Sulaco that were never shown on film, to help retain the looks and feel.

The fan service is breath taking. It really it, the gameplay is a tad tacky and it isn't the prettiest, but like I said, that Arcade feel rules.
__________________
All Genre Draft 2014

1. Rush (2013)
2. SalÚ, or the 120 Days of Sodom (1975)
3. Django Unchained (2012)
4. Eraserhead (1977)
5. The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976)
6. Once Were Warriors (1994)
7. The Penalty (1920)
8. Antiviral (2012)
9. Island of Lost Souls (1932)
10. A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984) Wes Craven
oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC