Official WWE/Wrestling Thread V2 - Page 207 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 12:06 AM   #2061
dead breed
Super Moderator
 
dead breed's Avatar
dead breed is fire walk with me.
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hell
Posts: 15,131
Default

You can sense the tension between Punk/The Rock on RAW.

The only option for Punk at Wrestlemania is The Undertaker imo .. It's the only thing that makes sense.

It's either Punk ends the streak or no one else does.
__________________
dead breed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:33 AM   #2062
Se7en Sins
I Eat Brains!
 
Se7en Sins's Avatar
Se7en Sins is Moonwalkin' with steel toed boots on
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Prince George, British Columbia
Posts: 7,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead breed View Post
You can sense the tension between Punk/The Rock on RAW.

The only option for Punk at Wrestlemania is The Undertaker imo .. It's the only thing that makes sense.

It's either Punk ends the streak or no one else does.
I'm not sure if anyone will ever beat The Undertaker at 'Mania, but if someone does it will either be CM Punk or John Cena.

And since Cena is and has been the face of the company/top guy for years now, you could easily propel Punk to his level of believability as a superstar with a win over Taker. Especially with his year long reign.

Maybe it's just because I'm a punk fan but I don't want to see him lose at the Chamber, then at 'Mania. After that I see him being sent back to a top tier mid carder who you could throw the title on and not be effected by it. Like Jericho, Rey, or Jeff Hardy.

Make this fucker a legend Vince.
__________________
Se7en Sins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #2063
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...
 
Heretic's Avatar
Heretic is up to shenanigans
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 14,965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
Make this fucker a legend Vince.
Oh' c'mon, you can't say they haven't tried. Punk's popularity will never explode like The Rock or Austin, if that's what you're waiting for. This past year, they tried everything with him, to get him more over. From being a rebel, to a pure babyface, then to a pure heel. All while holding the championship for longer than anyone since the 80's. Unfortunately, Punk did absolutely nothing for ratings. In fact, the WWE had some of their lowest rated RAW's in years, with Punk as champion.

I like Punk and all, but from a business standpoint, he didn't make much of an impact.

As for Punk/Taker, why? Seriously, what's the story going to be? They have very little history, and now that Punk's streak is over, there is no drama to the match. It didn't make sense to me before, and now it makes even less sense.
__________________


Heretic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #2064
Se7en Sins
I Eat Brains!
 
Se7en Sins's Avatar
Se7en Sins is Moonwalkin' with steel toed boots on
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Prince George, British Columbia
Posts: 7,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Oh' c'mon, you can't say they haven't tried. Punk's popularity will never explode like The Rock or Austin, if that's what you're waiting for. This past year, they tried everything with him, to get him more over. From being a rebel, to a pure babyface, then to a pure heel. All while holding the championship for longer than anyone since the 80's. Unfortunately, Punk did absolutely nothing for ratings. In fact, the WWE had some of their lowest rated RAW's in years, with Punk as champion.

I like Punk and all, but from a business standpoint, he didn't make much of an impact.

As for Punk/Taker, why? Seriously, what's the story going to be? They have very little history, and now that Punk's streak is over, there is no drama to the match. It didn't make sense to me before, and now it makes even less sense.
They may have tried, but they definitely haven't tried well. Booking him as the biggest pussy in the business the last few months hasn't helped, neither has the three hour shows which I'm sure has been a big part of the reason the ratings have dropped. (I'm sure the Nash/HHH BS in 2011 didn't help either.)

And you can't blame Punk for bad ratings. You could have Taker, HBK, Lesnar and the Rock all on the same show and there wouldn't be much of a difference.

And with Taker, my more realistic opinion is that it will be Rock/Punk/Cena. But if not Punk, who would Taker face?
__________________
Se7en Sins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:07 AM   #2065
Ultimate High
Rotting Corpse
 
Ultimate High's Avatar
Ultimate High has no status.
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mass.
Posts: 1,037
Default




__________________

inhale
...

.
exhale

Last edited by Ultimate High; 01-31-2013 at 12:10 AM.
Ultimate High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:18 AM   #2066
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill
 
DudeClassicMan's Avatar
DudeClassicMan has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 838
Default

This one is still king.




PEEPLE'S ELBA CENA!

GAAH-AAHD! WRAH-H-HOCK BEAT 'IM!
DudeClassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:47 AM   #2067
Se7en Sins
I Eat Brains!
 
Se7en Sins's Avatar
Se7en Sins is Moonwalkin' with steel toed boots on
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Prince George, British Columbia
Posts: 7,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate High View Post
This is part of the reason I'm embarrassed to be a wrestling fan.
__________________
Se7en Sins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:00 AM   #2068
Midnight-Kroovy
Rotting Corpse
 
Midnight-Kroovy's Avatar
Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate High View Post

Man that video is funny. Is this how Michael Myers became a killer?
Midnight-Kroovy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:48 AM   #2069
zaglewiz
I Eat Brains!
 
zaglewiz's Avatar
zaglewiz is pretty,pretty....pretty good.
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Williamsburg,Ky
Posts: 6,442
Send a message via AIM to zaglewiz Send a message via Yahoo to zaglewiz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
This is part of the reason I'm embarrassed to be a wrestling fan.
I went to a TNA meet and greet once and felt that way. I mean you couldn't even give an opinion without someone giving you that smirk about how stupid you are for thinking that way. All in all I can't help but laugh at this sort of behavior.
__________________


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
zaglewiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:47 AM   #2070
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...
 
Heretic's Avatar
Heretic is up to shenanigans
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 14,965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
They may have tried, but they definitely haven't tried well. Booking him as the biggest pussy in the business the last few months hasn't helped, neither has the three hour shows which I'm sure has been a big part of the reason the ratings have dropped. (I'm sure the Nash/HHH BS in 2011 didn't help either.)
The only thing that really hurt Punk, was how his initial run with the title was handled. He shouldn't have come back so soon. I could literally feel the heat being sucked away from him.

The HHH feud was pointless, but it was also where I noticed how inconsistant Punk is with his promo work. The thing is, Punk has never been able to capture that same magic he had, when he delivered the "shoot heard 'round the world". He didn't really live up to the hype, and the fans have never universally warmed up to him. This is why he's gone through three personality changes in the past year. They're trying anything to get this guy noticed.

Quote:
And you can't blame Punk for bad ratings. You could have Taker, HBK, Lesnar and the Rock all on the same show and there wouldn't be much of a difference.
The Rock boosts ratings everytime he's on RAW, so no, I don't agree with you there. Punk just isn't a "star". He doesn't have that aura about him(nobody on the roster really does these days). He can't get the fans in the palm of his hands, like a guy like The Rock can.

There is some truth to what Lawler said to Punk a while ago on RAW.

"You couldn't electrify a fishbowl, if you threw a toaster in it"

Quote:
And with Taker, my more realistic opinion is that it will be Rock/Punk/Cena. But if not Punk, who would Taker face?
Well, now that Lesnar is signed for two more years, I would like to see him face Taker at WM, instead of HHH. Everyone is so damn sure that HHH will the saviour of Mcmahon, but I think it would be a great bait and switch, if Taker was the guy.

History shows that Brock owns HHH. So, you have HHH come to make the save, but he fails, and gets his ass handed to him. Then, with Mcmahon, HHH, and maybe even Shane lying near dead in the ring, with Lesnar and Heyman standing above them all, seemingly having taken the WWE by force, the lights dim, the gong hits, and Taker saves his lifelong employer, and frienemy.

That is much more interesting to me, than yet another "respect" angle with Punk.
__________________


Heretic is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC