Godzilla (2014) - Gareth Edwards - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors

Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors Got a scoop? Heard a rumor? All your horror news and rumors go here.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:04 PM   #11
Willowfang
has gone to plaid

Willowfang is half Thundercat on his childhood's side

Another thing they totally forget in the American Godzilla is that behind all the "glitz", Godzilla is really a eco-terrorist at heart.

If they make it just a big beast on a rampage, there won't be much charm to it.
I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.
Willowfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #12
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers

I'm excited for sure! I own 12 Godzilla films and 5 gamera films! Giant radioactive monsters do it for me! I have quite a bit of the toys too!

As willowfang said Godzilla was always hellbent on making people not so energy dependent so hopefully they play on that!

Honda was my favorite director in the series so if they incorporate more of his style I will be a happy camper.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:10 AM   #13
Frey
BANNED

Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!

Send a message via Yahoo to Frey

All I can say is if they bring back Godzilla I hope like hell it isnt like that bullshit version that had Matthew Broderick in it. The monster looked nothing like Godzilla and I would honestly rather have seen him destroy Tokyo again for the billionth time than New York again. I think the writer and director need to watch some of the older films and take notes. With the technology that exists today I think if someone uses cgi and other programs correctly for once we could see a quality film but I wouldnt hold my breath if I were you.
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:19 AM   #14
Godzilla
aka Boobzilla

Godzilla is deep in the Canyon

Zilla '98 was very much a 'monster on the loose' type film. Much like 'Beat of 20,000 Fathoms'. Which can be entertaining when it comes to Kaiju films, but the issue many people had with that approach, is the fact that it just simply wasn't the correct approach to take with a property like Godzilla.
Godzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:38 AM   #15
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Zilla '98 was very much a 'monster on the loose' type film. Much like 'Beat of 20,000 Fathoms'. Which can be entertaining when it comes to Kaiju films, but the issue many people had with that approach, is the fact that it just simply wasn't the correct approach to take with a property like Godzilla.
I don't get the hate for 98 zilla I went to the theater and enjoyed myself! Did I think it was a true godzilla flick hmm no but it was still a decent movie.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #16
Godzilla
aka Boobzilla

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
I don't get the hate for 98 zilla I went to the theater and enjoyed myself! Did I think it was a true godzilla flick hmm no but it was still a decent movie.
That's the primary issue that resulted in the film not being well received than it otherwise probably would have been. It wasn't a *true* Godzilla film. And as a consequence, was extremely perplexing to fans and casual fans alike who walked in and watched a film titled, "Godzilla" that had the monster fleeing from helicopters, and whatever other nonsense implemented by Devlin and Emmerich to distance themselves as much as possible from what Toho had previously established in any one of their efforts.

As a giant monster Kaiju movie, Zilla '98 is fine. As a Godzilla movie, it's not.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:09 PM   #17
Dr. McStuffin
Rotting Corpse

Dr. McStuffin is making the Lacerta Plague look like a fucking square dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
People seem to dislike Gareth Edwards for Monsters, but I don't understand that at all. He had only a million dollars to work with and turned out a pretty solid movie. People never seem to factor in what kinds of resources they're working with.
I didn't like the film much at all, but the director does have some talent in stretching resources. Monsters was really to weak to be a full length feature and it seemed more like a demo than anything else. This could be pretty cool now that Darabont's involved.
Dr. McStuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:52 AM   #18
zaglewiz
I Eat Brains!

zaglewiz is pretty,pretty....pretty good.

Send a message via AIM to zaglewiz Send a message via Yahoo to zaglewiz

I know this is going to be a stupid question but is Godzilla going to be the bad guy this time around or the good guy?
zaglewiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:07 AM   #19
Godzilla
aka Boobzilla

Not much is known about the script at present time, but considering the "Destroyer of Worlds" line being attributed to Godzilla in the SDCC teaser, it certainly doesn't leave one to think Godzilla is going to be anything remotely like the Earth Defender role that was going on in the 1970's.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #20
zaglewiz
I Eat Brains!

zaglewiz is pretty,pretty....pretty good.

Send a message via AIM to zaglewiz Send a message via Yahoo to zaglewiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Not much is known about the script at present time, but considering the "Destroyer of Worlds" line being attributed to Godzilla in the SDCC teaser, it certainly doesn't leave one to think Godzilla is going to be anything remotely like the Earth Defender role that was going on in the 1970's.
Wonderful Even though I enjoyed both aspects of Godzilla growing up.
zaglewiz is offline   Reply With Quote