Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Don't Be A Nerd

Don't Be A Nerd Computers, Video Games, Technology... that sort of stuff

Old 01-26-2013, 02:43 AM   #12951
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is blazin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginobili View Post
I'm not a fan of the enemies who shoot at you in a survival game either. Resident Evil 6 was pretty much that at its worst with 75% of the enemies having machine guns. Total overkill. The J'avo are some of the worst video game enemies ever. For DS though I can kinda see why they have it
Spoiler Below
since Isaac is public enemy #1 in the DS universe with him destroying the marker and all.
It may make sense story-wise but as a person who enjoys survival horror, it completely takes me out of the experience.

I also don't know what they're trying to accomplish with the bright snow environment, but that's also something that doesn't work very well. How are we supposed to be scared when we see/ are exposed to everything? Half of what made the first two scary was the lighting/darkness of it.

Hopefully it's only a small part of the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Attention whore.

I've said it a couple times before, and I'll say it again. There is only one Oxley, and you ain't him bub. Quit feigning crazy. It's getting pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
Se7en...STFU. Stop trying to out stupid Oxley. Oxley is actually amusing with his craziness.

You're just a bland and dull rip off.
Se7en is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:30 AM   #12952
Yoxodo
Send... More... Paramedics

Yoxodo is melting!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Have you tried the dead space 3 demo yet?
Not yet. l just started 2, so l'm afraid there might be spoilers in the demo of 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post
Why so long?

It's a step down from the first in story, slightly, but the gameplay is better. It's a shame DS3 looks like a Gears game.
l wasn't playing anything for awhile. Then l also started hearing bad things about it...but l'm liking it so far. Hopefully l can finish it in the next two weeks, cause on Feb 12 l'm all about Aliens: Colonial Motherfucking Marines.
Yoxodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #12953
Timvp
Rotting Corpse

Timvp is going to the carnival and it'll be a bad day..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
It may make sense story-wise but as a person who enjoys survival horror, it completely takes me out of the experience.

I also don't know what they're trying to accomplish with the bright snow environment, but that's also something that doesn't work very well. How are we supposed to be scared when we see/ are exposed to everything? Half of what made the first two scary was the lighting/darkness of it.

Hopefully it's only a small part of the game.
I know what you mean about the outside environments. I played that part listening to the theme from The Thing (the good one) and it made it more enjoyable.

Has anyone beaten hardcore mode in DS2? I've been thinking about giving it a shot before DS3 comes out after reading what 3's hardcore mode is like.

Last edited by Timvp; 01-26-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Timvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #12954
Jinx
I Eat Brains!

Jinx is Gutter

Send a message via Yahoo to Jinx

Just started playing DMC: Devil May Cry only finished the 2nd mission but its pretty cool.. Only played part 4 and really haven't played any other games of this type before.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #12955
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoxodo View Post
Hopefully l can finish it in the next two weeks, cause on Feb 12 l'm all about Aliens: Colonial Motherfucking Marines.

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:00 AM   #12956
zaglewiz
I Eat Brains!

zaglewiz is pretty,pretty....pretty good.

Send a message via AIM to zaglewiz Send a message via Yahoo to zaglewiz

Online wise I do WWE 13 and will admit I'm pretty decent at it. Most of the time here anymore I play alot of CastleMiner Z with my kids since they love Minecraft and all and it was only a dollar. Honestly for 80 microsoft points you can't go wrong. Any of you guys do Bing Rewards? I've been gathering a shit ton of Xbox Live Points from doing that every day.
zaglewiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #12957
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is blazin'

Quote:
I know what you mean about the outside environments. I played that part listening to the theme from The Thing (the good one) and it made it more enjoyable.

Has anyone beaten hardcore mode in DS2? I've been thinking about giving it a shot before DS3 comes out after reading what 3's hardcore mode is like.
I can see how that would make it better, but you shouldn't need to listen to music completely unrelated to the game to make it better. One of the major things that made Dead Space scary for me was playing it with my Turtle Beaches on the highest volume.

And Hardcore is easy. Just make use of Stasis and stick to the line gun/plasma cutter and it's smooth sailing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaglewiz View Post
Online wise I do WWE 13 and will admit I'm pretty decent at it. Most of the time here anymore I play alot of CastleMiner Z with my kids since they love Minecraft and all and it was only a dollar. Honestly for 80 microsoft points you can't go wrong. Any of you guys do Bing Rewards? I've been gathering a shit ton of Xbox Live Points from doing that every day.
I tried to do the Bing thing, but at the time it was only available to Americans.
Quote:
Attention whore.

I've said it a couple times before, and I'll say it again. There is only one Oxley, and you ain't him bub. Quit feigning crazy. It's getting pathetic.
Quote:
Se7en...STFU. Stop trying to out stupid Oxley. Oxley is actually amusing with his craziness.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:57 PM   #12958
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
I can see how that would make it better, but you shouldn't need to listen to music completely unrelated to the game to make it better. One of the major things that made Dead Space scary for me was playing it with my Turtle Beaches on the highest volume.
This is probably going to be a really dumb question, but I'll ask anyways. Do you need any sort of receiver to get the full surround capabilities of those fancy headsets, or can you just plug it into the 360 and you're all set?

I've been looking at them forever, but have always been hesitant to buy them for that reason.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:47 AM   #12959
zaglewiz
I Eat Brains!

zaglewiz is pretty,pretty....pretty good.

Send a message via AIM to zaglewiz Send a message via Yahoo to zaglewiz

Quote:
This is probably going to be a really dumb question, but I'll ask anyways. Do you need any sort of receiver to get the full surround capabilities of those fancy headsets, or can you just plug it into the 360 and you're all set?

I've been looking at them forever, but have always been hesitant to buy them for that reason.
I don't think you need anything like that. Plus its not a stupid question if you're wondering about it being that you're going to drop down a few dollars for it. I'm wondering if you can throw em on and watch a movie and get the surround sound from it?

Quote:
I tried to do the Bing thing, but at the time it was only available to Americans.
That sucks. I've made a shit ton of points since last August when I signed up.
zaglewiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #12960
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is blazin'

Quote:

No, everything you need comes with the headset. You just plug it into the Xbox/PS3 & TV and you're all good.

EDIT: You get a receiver with the wireless headsets, but I don't recommend that if you have a bunch of other things that are are wireless in the vicinity of the receiver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaglewiz View Post
I don't think you need anything like that. Plus its not a stupid question if you're wondering about it being that you're going to drop down a few dollars for it. I'm wondering if you can throw em on and watch a movie and get the surround sound from it?
I'm not sure about an external DVD or Blu Ray (Unless it has a USB and your TV has a headphone jack) but if you're watching anything on the console It works fine.
Quote:
Attention whore.

Quote: