Star Wars Episode VII (2015) - Page 18 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #171
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bill View Post
I can dig it. JJ knows sci-fi, and what he did for Star Trek was nothing short of a miracle.

Should be good.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:20 AM   #172
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bill View Post

Imagine all of the flares off those lightsasbers !!

Jokes aside, this is great news.

Just look at what the guy did with Star Trek. With a director like him in charge we know the acting will be quality and hopefully there will be actual sets and not green screen effects all of the place.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:01 AM   #173
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

That's fucking awesome. Man, this is sounding very promising. Everything so far has been great news, plenty of time for it to nose dive though. Hopefully that doesn't happen!

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:48 AM   #174
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post
That's fucking awesome. Man, this is sounding very promising. Everything so far has been great news, plenty of time for it to nose dive though. Hopefully that doesn't happen!
I doubt it will nose dive. If anyone can put the series back in track after the sequels, it's Abrams.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:42 AM   #175
yoxodo
Send... More... Paramedics

yoxodo is not going to wash his hands because hes EVIL

A lot of fanboys are gonna be PISSED. Looks like Abrams will go from Star Trek 2, to Star Wars 7, to Star Trek 3 most likely to follow. Seems like a conflict of interest to me. it should have been Joe Johnston.
yoxodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #176
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Hell yes! Less skeptical now
Old 01-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #177
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

I find it funny as there's always been that whole Star Wars vs Star trek debate, now the director of one franchise is rebooting the other.

Anyway, JJ killed it with his Star Trek reboot and he'll do the same with Star Wars. I just hope he reigns in the CGI a bit.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #178
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

It's official. Here's the press release.

Quote:
J.J. Abrams to Direct Star Wars: Episode VII

J.J. Abrams will direct Star Wars: Episode VII, the first of a new series of Star Wars films to come from Lucasfilm under the leadership of Kathleen Kennedy. Abrams will be directing and Academy Award-winning writer Michael Arndt will write the screenplay.

“It’s very exciting to have J.J. aboard leading the charge as we set off to make a new Star Wars movie,” said Kennedy. “J.J. is the perfect director to helm this. Beyond having such great instincts as a filmmaker, he has an intuitive understanding of this franchise. He understands the essence of the Star Wars experience, and will bring that talent to create an unforgettable motion picture.”

George Lucas went on to say “I’ve consistently been impressed with J.J. as a filmmaker and storyteller. He’s an ideal choice to direct the new Star Wars film and the legacy couldn’t be in better hands.”

“To be a part of the next chapter of the Star Wars saga, to collaborate with Kathy Kennedy and this remarkable group of people, is an absolute honor,” J.J. Abrams said. “I may be even more grateful to George Lucas now than I was as a kid.”

J.J., his longtime producing partner Bryan Burk, and Bad Robot are on board to produce along with Kathleen Kennedy under the Disney | Lucasfilm banner.

Also consulting on the project are Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg. Kasdan has a long history with Lucasfilm, as screenwriter on The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark and Return of the Jedi. Kinberg was writer on Sherlock Holmes and Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Abrams and his production company Bad Robot have a proven track record of blockbuster movies that feature complex action, heartfelt drama, iconic heroes and fantastic production values with such credits as Star Trek, Super 8, Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol, and this year’s Star Trek Into Darkness. Abrams has worked with Lucasfilm’s preeminent postproduction facilities, Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound, on all of the feature films he has directed, beginning with Mission: Impossible III. He also created or co-created such acclaimed television series as Felicity, Alias, Lost and Fringe.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #179
nancylives!
The Living Dead

nancylives! is living!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoxodo View Post
A lot of fanboys are gonna be PISSED. Looks like Abrams will go from Star Trek 2, to Star Wars 7, to Star Trek 3 most likely to follow. Seems like a conflict of interest to me. it should have been Joe Johnston.
i like joe johnston, but i like jj abrams better. i hope he does exactly what you've outlined. as a fan of both trek and wars, i love this. no conflict of interest in my book.

nancylives! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:16 PM   #180
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Even though Abrams has done Star Trek he's made no secret of his love of Star Wars, and that's what this franchise needs. Someone who understands what works and what doesn't.