85th Annual Academy Awards (2013) - Page 11 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #101
The Nightmare
The Living Dead

The Nightmare has no status.

Send a message via AIM to The Nightmare Send a message via MSN to The Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post
Saw Django today and was totally blown away by it. Boy, I wish Waltz will snatch Best Supporting Actor, he was waaaaay better than in Inglorious...damn he is good in Django.
He is great in Django but he is incredible in Basterds. As good as Waltz is, I'd rather have seen DiCaprio get the nomination for Best Supporting Actor.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #102
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelator View Post
I think youre putting too much to Les Mis credit. Lincoln, Argo, and Life of Pi have a much better shot of winning, especially based on precursor awards. It will win best supporting actress I think. Les Mis was the front runner a few months ago but it peaked way too soon. Argo or Lincoln will win.
Just speculating is all. But the SAG cast ensemble and BAFTA Best Film winners will be the threats. I havnt seen "Les Mis" yet, but deep down I want "Lincoln" to win Best Picture. OR have a sneak attack with "Life Of Pi". Ang Lee was snubbed of "Brokeback Mountain" losing Best Picture to "CRash" back in 2005/2006. We will see if the Academy will rectify that injustice!!
Old 01-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #103
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

Achievement in film editing

•“Argo” William Goldenberg
•“Life of Pi” Tim Squyres
•“Lincoln” Michael Kahn
•“Silver Linings Playbook” Jay Cassidy and Crispin Struthers
•“Zero Dark Thirty” Dylan Tichenor and William Goldenberg

One of these will be our Best Picture winner!!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #104
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
Just speculating is all. But the SAG cast ensemble and BAFTA Best Film winners will be the threats. I havnt seen "Les Mis" yet, but deep down I want "Lincoln" to win Best Picture. OR have a sneak attack with "Life Of Pi". Ang Lee was snubbed of "Brokeback Mountain" losing Best Picture to "CRash" back in 2005/2006. We will see if the Academy will rectify that injustice!!
I hope we get a shocker this year.

I'm sick of calling the winners months in advance.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:16 AM   #105
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Not even close.
I always had the impression he was playing himself, just like Nicholson in "As Good...". The german dialogue passages added tremendously to that conclusion, also the longer screen presence. He is imo better when being funny, serves his Austrian/Vienna character pretty well. Sometimes I even felt he was the leading actor.
Though, the performance of the sarcastic character in Basterds was executed flawlessly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #106
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
I always had the impression he was playing himself, just like Nicholson in "As Good...". The german dialogue passages added tremendously to that conclusion, also the longer screen presence. He is imo better when being funny, serves his Austrian/Vienna character pretty well. Sometimes I even felt he was the leading actor.
Though, the performance of the sarcastic character in Basterds was executed flawlessly.
I think you're understating his Basterds performance a little bit. He was sarcastic, but he was also terrifying, charming, funny, manipulative, and highly intelligent, all while having to speak four or five different languages fluently. The diversity required for the Landa role, is insane.

Don't get me wrong, he was great in Django, but he was basically playing one dimension of the Landa character throughout.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #107
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
I think you're understating his Basterds performance a little bit. He was sarcastic, but he was also terrifying, charming, funny, manipulative, and highly intelligent, all while having to speak four or five different languages fluently. The diversity required for the Landa role, is insane.

Don't get me wrong, he was great in Django, but he was basically playing one dimension of the Landa character throughout.
Well, I yesterday detected three languages. . He isn't that one dimensional, since he didn't have no qualms to shoot some bunch of slavetraders and one sadistic landowner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #108
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Well, I yesterday detected three languages. . He isn't that one dimensional, since he didn't have no qualms to shoot some bunch of slavetraders and one sadistic landowner.
I'm going to guess you didn't include English? French, Italian, German, annnnnnnd English.

As for Django, he was a charming hitman. Killing folks goes with the territory. It doesn't add any dimension to his character. That's who he was.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #109
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

I thought Waltz was great in both of them. He really carried the first half of Django Unchained, but ultimately I agree with Heretic. He didn't quite have the same depth.

Having said that, very few characters are as fascinating as Landa.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:05 AM   #110
RomeroCarpenter Fan
Rotting Corpse

RomeroCarpenter Fan has no status.

(lincoln) needs to take this this year.
RomeroCarpenter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote