MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Don't Be A Nerd

Don't Be A Nerd Computers, Video Games, Technology... that sort of stuff

Old 01-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #12931
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

LA Noire - Such a brilliant game. It never gets old for me either. I take a long break from it, and all the cases seem fresh again. Until I manage to five star every case, I'll keep coming back.

I wish I could say I was playing Far Cry 3, but the stupid company that made it, didn't print enough copies. It's sold out everywhere.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:39 PM   #12932
Se7en
The Bad Guy

Se7en is your favorite wigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klownz View Post
Dishonored

I love this game.
Great game, but going through it trying to not kill anyone/get alerted is one of the most frustrating things I've ever tried to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
LA Noire - Such a brilliant game. It never gets old for me either. I take a long break from it, and all the cases seem fresh again. Until I manage to five star every case, I'll keep coming back.
My favorite game of all time. One of only a few games I've perfected.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:46 AM   #12933
SlayerX
OG Salmon

SlayerX is feeding you bacon strips for your hater lips

Silent Hill: Downpour

Not sure of the massive hate behind this game. I picked it up for $10 a few months back and recently got around to playing it. The story was good, environments were creepy and the VA was top notch. Only issues were clunky combat that were are used to in SH games and pretty uninspired enemies. Much better than Homecoming and easily worth the $10.

Far Cry 3

Just finished this bitch up a few days ago. The story goes from cool to just ridiculously silly. Without plot spoilers it starts somewhat believable but seems to get crazier and crazier with every mission. By the end, its 100% pure nonsense. This doesnt take away from the amazing sandbox experience presented though. Plenty of sidequests, collectables and random events keep things fresh and exciting. Highly recommended.

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation
SlayerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #12934
Timvp
Rotting Corpse

Timvp is going to the carnival and it'll be a bad day..

Finished The Walking Dead yesterday, such a bummer in so many ways and with the decisions you make it gets tough. Felt like a mash between the show and the comics even though it takes place in the comic series. I really enjoyed it and can't wait for season 2.
Best game I played that came out in 2012 honestly.
Timvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #12935
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Minecraft - I finally "get it" now. Possibly one of the most confusing user interfaces ever conceived, but once you "get it", it's pretty damn impressive, and really hard to put down. My mind is racing with all of the possibilities that this game delivers, and I haven't even really scratched the surface yet. I'm still just building a cobblestone castle. It's a "creation" game, that doesn't make me feel like a fucking idiot. Thanks to the block geometry, I can actually build stuff that I imagine in my head. It's awesome.

As for the negative, I wish you could turn off the "nght time" bullshit. I don't want to fight anything, I just want to build. It's not so bad though, because when they arrived, I started to dig an underground tunnel from my shitty log cabin, to my huge castle. No matter what is going on in the game, there is always something fresh to do. It's one of the most robust games I've ever played.

I've been denouncing this game for years, becuase I just couldn't wrap my brain around it. The 360 version came with a damn fine tutorial though, that finally brought me around. I seriously can't praise this game enough now. Count me in as a fan.

9/10

Old 01-16-2013, 05:43 PM   #12936
Jinx
I Eat Brains!

Jinx is Gutter

Send a message via Yahoo to Jinx

Just started Far Cry 3 pretty bad ass so far

ill be taking my sweet ass time with this 1
Old 01-17-2013, 01:57 AM   #12937
Yggdrasil
Rotting Corpse

Yggdrasil is tearing at the fabric of reality.

Quote:
As for the negative, I wish you could turn off the "nght time" bullshit. I don't want to fight anything, I just want to build.
I don't know about the 360 version, but you can turn off enemy spawning in the PC version. You can also switch to creative mode, where you can fly around with unlimited blocks.
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:46 AM   #12938
Se7en
The Bad Guy

Se7en is your favorite wigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
I don't know about the 360 version, but you can turn off enemy spawning in the PC version. You can also switch to creative mode, where you can fly around with unlimited blocks.
Yeah, if you're just into building creative mode is the way to go.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:08 AM   #12939
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
Yeah, I found it yesterday, but stuck it out with survival. I set up some traps outside my castle, and take pot shots from the crow's nest I built, with my bow. The enemies can be fun to fuck around with. I was a bit too quick to judge that aspect of the game. It's alright.

I've got another question though. When mining for special minerals, does it matter where you dig, or is it all random? I've only found three pieces of Iron Ore, and some cole but I haven't really explored past the opening map yet.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #12940
Yggdrasil
Rotting Corpse

Yggdrasil is tearing at the fabric of reality.

Quote:
I've got another question though. When mining for special minerals, does it matter where you dig, or is it all random? I've only found three pieces of Iron Ore, and some cole but I haven't really explored past the opening map yet.
It's mostly just random, but some minerals can only be found really deep in the ground.
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote