Leatherface 3D / Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D - Page 80 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 01-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #791
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Outpost #31 is gunning for Ricky Spanish

LOL, the movie dropped -76.3% this week to land at number 9. Yes, horror has a big drop off in the second week but for a number one movie to go from 1 to 9 says a little bit something I'd think. Part of me still wants to check out this trainwreck but probably will punch myself afterward so most likely will wait for the DVD release.
Outpost #31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:06 PM   #792
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outpost #31 View Post
LOL, the movie dropped -76.3% this week to land at number 9. Yes, horror has a big drop off in the second week but for a number one movie to go from 1 to 9 says a little bit something I'd think. Part of me still wants to check out this trainwreck but probably will punch myself afterward so most likely will wait for the DVD release.
I don't think it says too much. Good horror movies get thrashed at the BO as well. To have a #1 weekend, is impressive for any hard R-rated horror flick to pull off. I was pretty damn shocked when it hit #1.

If the sequel doesn't do well, that would be more telling. Similar to how H2 did.

Heretic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:29 PM   #793
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Outpost #31 is gunning for Ricky Spanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
I don't think it says too much. Good horror movies get thrashed at the BO as well. To have a #1 weekend, is impressive for any hard R-rated horror flick to pull off. I was pretty damn shocked when it hit #1.

If the sequel doesn't do well, that would be more telling. Similar to how H2 did.
Doesn't most horror only drop 45-55% the second week? A 76% drop seems a bit outside the norm but you're right it probably doesn't mean much (but fun to examine). I can't remember the last time a horror movie opened at number one and dropped to the ninth spot the second week. Usually it seems like they drop to 5-6 at the most. Keep forgetting the sequel attribute and lots of good movies out though so once again maybe it don't mean all that much Guess I'm passively looking for reasons not to blow money going to see it at the theater.
Outpost #31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #794
Frey
BANNED

Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!

Send a message via Yahoo to Frey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outpost #31 View Post
You beat me to it. I even said last weekend this would happen but that fanboy ddnt beleive me haha.
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #795
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Don't think this film is as bad as most make it seem. I think it's main problem, though, is that it completely follows the generic slasher movie formula, & in a lot of ways feels like a Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie guest-starring Leatherface. It's not the worst of the series, & definitely not as bad as the original sequels of the franchise.

If I did a top three for the series, this would probably make it, since I'd class it above The Beginning for keeping Leatherface closer to what he should be & not rendering him into a Jason clone, which is especially insulting considering his character has been around longer.

All in all, I'd probably give this like....a 7/10, or in grade terms, a solid C. It's not great, nor is it innovative but it's entertaining & I fucking love Alexandra Daddario.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:31 PM   #796
SlayerX
OG Salmon

SlayerX is feeding you bacon strips for your hater lips

How did this get in theatres? Downloaded. Watched. Bad. Real bad.

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation
SlayerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:19 AM   #797
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerX View Post

How did this get in theatres? Downloaded. Watched. Bad. Real bad.
That's how I feel.

This feels worse than a direct to DVD film. Its just a big fuck you to fans of the original.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #798
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Over-exaggeration, much? I always find it hilarious when people say "this film destroyed the original" but to my recollection, nobody went out burning each copy of the Tobe Hooper classic, & it's always there for us fans to enjoy.

TCM 3D, for me, is dumb fun. It's not the best movie, & it's certainly not going to crack any "top 10" lists or any shit like that, but I found it entertaining, at least. It was also nice for Leatherface to be Leatherface, & not a Jason Voorhees clone as with The Beginning prequel.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #799
Shoggoth
The Living Dead

Shoggoth is in a land of confusion

It wasn't fun, and calling it dumb is honoring it. I've stepped in dog turds with more character than this movie.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #800
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myerszilla View Post
Over-exaggeration, much? I always find it hilarious when people say "this film destroyed the original" but to my recollection, nobody went out burning each copy of the Tobe Hooper classic, & it's always there for us fans to enjoy.

TCM 3D, for me, is dumb fun. It's not the best movie, & it's certainly not going to crack any "top 10" lists or any shit like that, but I found it entertaining, at least. It was also nice for Leatherface to be Leatherface, & not a Jason Voorhees clone as with The Beginning prequel.
It didn't ruin the original, but tying itself so closely doesn't work, especially since this film makes no logical sense when made a sequel to the original. Nothing can ruin the orignal.

This is NOT a fun movie. Not even dumb fun, as I have stated and explained about 200 times already. This was just dumb and poorly made. I can suspend disbelief and have fun with 90% of mainstream horror films because we know they aren't going to be anything special. This goes way too far and would have worked only if they would have made it as a spoof.

edit

and Leatherface was fucking terrible in this movie.