The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - Page 290 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:35 AM   #2891
Sea Hag
It... Won't... Die...

Sea Hag has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Sea Hag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
The flaws in the first two films are just as glaring as the ones in TDKR
You're delusional man. Notice how I not once brought up how Wayne got back into the city after being in prison? While it's a bit lazy on Nolan's part I can at least buy that it's because he's the motherfucking Batman. Just like how I don't have a problem with everyone in the jail being knocked out in TDK except the Joker because he's the ultimate schemer and villain. But this film is so easy to make fun of as pointed out time and time again in this thread. Whole sections (namely the prison section) have serious problems and you have albatross' like John Blake & Miranda tate who are either extremely boring or terribly mishandled.

And besides the first fight between Bane and Bats there's no action sequence that really gets the blood pumping. Hell, the tumbler chase in BB is better than anything in this. BB & TDK are entertaining and engaging as all hell. This, not so much.

Quote:
I know that for a fact because I've argued about them over at OHMB(Official Halloween Message Board) with one of the most knowledgeable members I've ever met on these things.
Shit; I guess I stand corrected.

Quote:
This one just gets the most nitpicking because it was hyped so much that, to most, it was a letdown.
I was more hyped for TDK.

Quote:
You might not want to hate this movie but it seems as if you try to dislike it by not looking past the flaws that all movies acquire. Even the appraised Star Wars movies.
Unlike TDKR the original Star Wars trilogy is extremely entertaining with characters and a story that resonates which makes it easier to look passed things like Ewoks. This film did not resonate or entertain me at all.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 9/10
Thunderbolt And Lightfoot - 7.5/10
Assault On Precinct 13 (76) - 9/10
The Avengers - 8.5/10
L.A. Confidential - 8.5/10
Sea Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #2892
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Freddy_Lives is The Velour Fog

Quote:
haha Fuck Adam West.
No way! Adam West is a legend man.

1. Drive
2. The Terminator
3. Robocop
4. Gladiator
5. X-Men: First Class
6. Her
7. Toy Story 3
8. Batman
9. Superman
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #2893
Sykopath
The Last Son

Sykopath is doing nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Hag View Post
Whole sections (namely the prison section) have serious problems and you have albatross' like John Blake & Miranda tate who are either extremely boring or terribly mishandled.
I guess that's all matter of opinion ... I seem to like Blake's character. Don't think they could have picked a better Robin.

Quote:
And besides the first fight between Bane and Bats there's no action sequence that really gets the blood pumping. Hell, the tumbler chase in BB is better than anything in this. BB & TDK are entertaining and engaging as all hell. This, not so much.
What action sequences there are got my blood pumping more-so than the ones in TDK, and I fucking love TDK.

Quote:
I was more hyped for TDK.
Again; that's all a matter of opinion.

Quote:
This film did not resonate or entertain me at all.
Any way you analyze it the fact still remains there were just as many fuck-ups in TDK as there are in TDKR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
No way! Adam West is a legend man.
Calm down, sparky. I was only kidding.
Sykopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #2894
Willowfang
has gone to plaid

Willowfang is half Thundercat on his childhood's side

I think Adam West is really the best Batman ever.

Without him, I wouldn't have any childhood love for the character.

The two Batman cartoons I remember as a kid were Superfriends (not bad when you're a kid) and that crap with Batmite.

The "Gothic Monopoly" looking Batman series was cool, and I watched that many times, but I was already in my 20s or 30s. The animated movies were cool, but without the childhood nostalgia, there would be no reason to love the Keaton ones which for me were pretty terrible, the others in that series were fun enough, but would have no lasting value without my love for Adam West.

A lot of it is an age thing due to what I grew up with, but to me, Adam West is far and away the best/my most loved Batman.

If I were doing an "objective technical evaluation", would one of the more recent live action Batmans be the best, prolly, but that's not how I grew up.

So again, to me, Adam West is the best Batman.
Willowfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #2895
oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Hag View Post

Shit; I guess I stand corrected.

1. Rush (2013)
2. SalÚ, or the 120 Days of Sodom (1975)
3. Django Unchained (2012)
4. Eraserhead (1977)
5. The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976)
6. Once Were Warriors (1994)
7. The Penalty (1920)
8. Antiviral (2012)
9. Island of Lost Souls (1932)
10. A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984) Wes Craven
oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:20 AM   #2896
horrorking95
Rotting Corpse

horrorking95 is singing Believe! BY CHER!

Send a message via MSN to horrorking95

Well I absolutely adored The Dark Knight Rises and think that it looks an absolute knock-out in blu-ray! The action's breath-taking and intense, it's beautifully directed and also has a heart which is just so refreshing to see. It's a truly awe-inspiring trilogy!

horrorking95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #2897
Frey
BANNED

Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!

Send a message via Yahoo to Frey

Ok I just rewatched TDKR and I honestly do not know what some of you are arguing about.

Exhibit A: A worker tells Fox that Bruce Wayne fixed the auto-pilot on the bat moths ago.

Exhibit B: Batman tells Catwoman that he will use auto-pilot to get the bomb out to sea.

Evhibit C: Alfred told Bruce he had a FANTASY (not a dream) that he keeps seeing him in the cafe and he is happy and it actually shows what Alfred sees where Bruce is sitting with his back to him. In the end Alfred sees Bruce in the cafe facing him and they both nod at one another which did not happen in Alfred's fantasy.

I think this is proof that Bruce Wayne is still alive.
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:13 PM   #2898
oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
Ok I just rewatched TDKR and I honestly do not know what some of you are arguing about.

Exhibit A: A worker tells Fox that Bruce Wayne fixed the auto-pilot on the bat moths ago.

Exhibit B: Batman tells Catwoman that he will use auto-pilot to get the bomb out to sea.

Evhibit C: Alfred told Bruce he had a FANTASY (not a dream) that he keeps seeing him in the cafe and he is happy and it actually shows what Alfred sees where Bruce is sitting with his back to him. In the end Alfred sees Bruce in the cafe facing him and they both nod at one another which did not happen in Alfred's fantasy.

Yeah, people who say his dead just want to start shit. The Auto pilot was fixed, and Alfred told him where he used to go in hopes of seeing him. Obviously Bruce went in hopes of them having the run in.

I do think Alfred and Bruce left on bad ground though. They never made up after their fallout, and although both of them obviously forgave the other, it would have been nice to see them remain friends. Alfred was more so Bruce's father figure, and Bruce, the son he never had. I just feel the old bugger was shafted.

1. Rush (2013)
2. SalÚ, or the 120 Days of Sodom (1975)
3. Django Unchained (2012)
4. Eraserhead (1977)
5. The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976)
6. Once Were Warriors (1994)
7. The Penalty (1920)
8. Antiviral (2012)
9. Island of Lost Souls (1932)
10. A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984) Wes Craven
oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #2899
Sykopath
The Last Son

Sykopath is doing nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorking95 View Post
The action's breath-taking and intense
Well I wouldn't let Sea Hag know this. haha He might call you a moron for thinking this movie had legitimate action, due to his opinion being fact and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post

bloodydollface would disagree. He believes you can't produce any solid evidence to prove that Alfred actually saw Bruce at the end. Even IF Nolan, himself, were to slap him in the face with the scene while yelling "IT'S REAL!" haha

It's up to the audience to decide whether or not Alfred actually saw Bruce.
Sykopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:18 AM   #2900
Sea Hag
It... Won't... Die...

Sea Hag has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Sea Hag

Quote:
Don't think they could have picked a better Robin.
I don't think they could've picked a worse character to have so much screentime.

Quote:
What action sequences there are got my blood pumping more-so than the ones in TDK, and I fucking love TDK.
This is the best action sequence in any of the three films:

Quote:
Again; that's all a matter of opinion.
The fact that I personally was more excited for TDK than TDKR is a matter of opinion? Ok

Quote:
Any way you analyze it the fact still remains there were just as many fuck-ups in TDK as there are in TDKR.

Not even close there Mongo. There might be some gaffes here and there and like any movie of its kind one has to suspend some disbelief. But TDK doesn't have mountain sized narrative flaws like this piece does.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 9/10
Thunderbolt And Lightfoot - 7.5/10
Assault On Precinct 13 (76) - 9/10
The Avengers - 8.5/10
L.A. Confidential - 8.5/10
Sea Hag is offline   Reply With Quote