What films did you watch today? V2 - Page 3686 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:35 PM   #36851
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear Jew View Post
Hesher- 9/10
Absolutely loved that movie! The letting go of the car was memorable and to think it would have sat in the driveway for that long is crazy! I guess we all have our coping mechanisms but then we have to break from it.

1. Jaws
2. Cujo
3. Monkey Shines
4. The Birds
5. Willard
6. Piranha 3D
7. Arachnophobia
8. The Ruins
9. Rogue
10. Orca
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #36852
Klown
Super Moderator

Klown has no status.

Christmas Evil - 4/5

Surprisingly good. Definitely done on a low budget, but well made. Not really what I was expecting at all, in a good way.

ParaNorman - 4/5

Quite a bit of fun, and lots of horror movie references. Some surprisingly adult oriented jokes.

Blu-ray / DVD Collection | Horror Etc. Podcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
Thank God for Jeff Goldblum
Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #36853
sethdlh
Send... More... Paramedics

sethdlh is chillin'

Send a message via AIM to sethdlh

Sex Hunter: Wet Target - disc review @ celluloidterror.blogspot.com/2012/12/sex-hunter-wet-target-dvd-review.html

*Updated 3/11 w/ FEMALE TEACHER IN FRONT OF THE STUDENTS disc review

My DVDAF - http://sethflc.dvdaf.com/

Gold Trader +91
sethdlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #36854
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Bad Biology
A girl, who happens to be a freak of nature because of her voracious sexual appetite and her skills to give birth to a deformed child within minutes after being inseminated, gets to know with a guy with similar problems, but this time hea has a monster of a cock, which has a mind of its own.
I hope I have put up the synopsis right, because there is hardly any. This movie was a tasteless and more than wild expericence from the great Frank Henenlotter. The actors were pretty amateurish and the settings as well but nonetheless, this was fun to watch at because of the outrageous and often repulsive sequences. You definitely have to be in the mood to get accustomed to such depravity. But I liked it.

7/10

Paul
Two nerds pick up a stranded alien, who happens to be very witty, funny and pretty rude as well. He needs the help of the two in order to get back to his fellow alien mates, but the way is hard and filled with many chasers.
I liked this a lot, plain and straight out fun out of the Alien box, equipped with many puns and solid CGI, mainly regarding the grey pot smoking Alien.
Many laughter I had with this.

8/10

Super 8
A bunch of kids, filming a scence for their zombie flick on a train station, are witnesses of a horrific train accident, caused by a man who intended to derail the train with his car on the tracks. The kids soon find out, that the cargo of the wrecked train is more than meets the eye. Soon, their town experiences strange and unnatural events, caused by an yet unknown force to them.
I loved that movie a lot, seriously. All likeable characters with many cross references to the horror genre and early Spielberg films, in which kids with wide-open eyes are the main characters and having with their experienced adventures the time of their lives. Plus, the action was mainly outstanding, especially the derailment of the train, a total blast. And the kid's zombie film at the end was awesome as well, totally loved it.

I think I must have the Blu-ray.

8/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #36855
Mr. Bill
BD's Official Thunder Buddy!

Mr. Bill is on hiatus, don't foward my mail

Last edited by Mr. Bill; 12-14-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #36856
black coffee
It... Won't... Die...

black coffee has no status.

Send a message via MSN to black coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard King View Post
except the bigotry against religious faith
No, that part was hilarious.

I can't really see why Christians is offended that scene...unless you have a giant stick up your ass. They weren't making fun of moderate religious people, but the people who believe the Earth is 5000 years old and denies every single piece of evolutionary evidence.

Religion is bizarre and hilarious and deserves to be made fun of.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #36857
Ultimate High
Rotting Corpse

Ultimate High has no status.

Default This is over the course of a few weeks

City of the Living Dead - 8+/10, Blue Underground did an phenomenal job on the Blu-Ray, noticeably stronger than the Arrow release.

11-11-11: The Prophecy(DarrenLB version, not to be confused with the ultra low budg, 11/11/11) - 6/10, mostly for the ending, little slow outside of it.

Steel Trap - 8-/10, great location, solid cinematography/aesthetic, and speaking of strong finishes, as far as slashers go, this has one of the best.

Night Shift - 5+/10, glacial pace killed it, even at an hour and twenty minutes you can feel it dragging. Above-average creature and kills keep it afloat.

inhale

exhale

Last edited by Ultimate High; 12-12-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Ultimate High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #36858
Mr. Bill
BD's Official Thunder Buddy!

Mr. Bill is on hiatus, don't foward my mail

Last edited by Mr. Bill; 12-14-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #36859
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by black coffee View Post
No, that part was hilarious.

I can't really see why Christians is offended that scene...unless you have a giant stick up your ass. They weren't making fun of moderate religious people, but the people who believe the Earth is 5000 years old and denies every single piece of evolutionary evidence.
Yes, so it is. Paul facepalmed the bigotry, not the faith itself. Or better: the bigotry originally caused by fanatism in Christianity. Could have beem Muslims as well, didn't matter. If you reflect that scene in the van, when they first encounter each other, than you know how it was originally meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard King View Post
Mocking religion has it's place in comedy, mocking a type of religion or religious leaders... ok I can see that and it isn't offensive to me but mocking a person simply for having faith or a faith delves head first into bigotry no matter how you want to spin it.
As I said, they didn't mock her for her belief in general, but for her bigot interpretation of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #36860
dead breed
Super Moderator

dead breed is fire walk with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
"The Ten Commandments (1956)"......One of the best epic and religious movies ever. Grand scale and scope,beautiful directing and art direction, gorgeous costumes, top notch cast, wonderful special effects(for that time), and terrific music score make up this huge epic hit!! The wonderful Charlton Heston as "Moses" is fantastic. The absolutely ravishing,brooding, and sexy Yul Brynner as "Rameses" is superb!! I absolutely love the lovely Yvonne DeCarlo as "Sephora". Beautifully done performance..full of strength,grace, and subtleness. Anne Baxter as the desperate lovelorn "Nefretiri" was hit and miss for me. She was strong in about 80% of her scenes but the rest was over the top and campy. The same goes for Edward G.Robinson as "Dathan". The beautiful Debra Paget as "Lilia" was also a wonderful supporting player. Cedric Hardwicke was superb as "Sethi"...Rameses father. Where was his Oscar nomination for Supporting Actor? The rugged and suave John Derek as "Joshua" is also a pleasure to watch. What a hunk!! Love the parting of the sea...the water turning to blood....the angel of death scenes...etc etc!! The Ten Commandments is a cinematic treasure!! It was nominated for Best Picture and 6 technical awards and won for special effects. But the cast was royally snubbed of nominations. NOT one was nominated. A real pity!!
10/10
epic movie

V/H/S - 7/10 .. Pretty good movie. Could easily be an 8 if they didn't go with the lazy ending.