What films did you watch today? V2 - Page 3678 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #36771
The Geek
Schlock King

The Geek is dancing with himself!

Send a message via Skype™ to The Geek

Saying Ledger only won an oscar because he died is retarded, same as saying the actors in TDKR "phoned" it in.

Come on now

Bow to your King

B-Movie Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
I have a master's degree in sucking dicks.
The Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #36772
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Wrong Turn 4
A group of young people are heading out to a trip with snowmobiles, but is forced to seek shelter in a nearby abandoned building. They soon find out that this place is filled with demented maniacs, who seek and try to kill the intruders.
I 've heard many bad things about it, plotholes, ridiculous dialogues and retarded behaviour within a group under stress. Too bad that all of this is true. This film has the most retarded dialogues and bad decisions the genre has to offer as of late. I facepalmed so hard myself multiple times during watching, but after a while you are getting used to it. Watching this with a bunch of drunken buddies is definitely the way to go with it. More problematic were the plotholes,
Spoiler Below
for instance the snowmobiles, which are destroyed by the cannibals, but later on used by them for the hunt.
But not everything is shitty, the gore and kills were pretty decent, the idea of
Spoiler Below
eating a victim alive and simultaneously barbecueing him
is just brilliantly sadistic. Good and depraved idea of the producers.
I wouldn't call it a memorable masterpiece, but if you are a fan of the franchise, this one is not to be missed.

6/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieGeek View Post
Saying Ledger only won an oscar because he died is retarded, same as saying the actors in TDKR "phoned" it in.

Come on now
But his demise added immensly to the decision of the Academy to award him with that, I have no doubt regarding that. Under this cirumstances, any other actor but him getting the statue would have been odd.
Acting-wise, he earned it nonetheless with the greatest of ease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.

Last edited by Santa; 12-08-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #36773
Jinx
I Eat Brains!

Jinx is Gutter

Send a message via Yahoo to Jinx

Bad Santa
http://i46.tinypic.com/2eocr4n.jpg
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #36774
Sea Hag
It... Won't... Die...

Sea Hag has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Sea Hag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
The rest were okay, but pretty standard.
I don't get the splooging over Gordon Levitt's performance. He wasn't bad by any means, just very ho-hum. Still; even if he gave a great performance I don't think it would change my mind in not wanting his character in the film at all.

"You were a legend man."

At that exact point I was like who the fuck is this guy and why is he being forced upon me

DVDs

Recent Flicks
Alien - 10/10
One False Move - 8/10
Halloween III - 8.5/10
Halloween II - 8.5/10
Halloween - 10/10
Sea Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #36775
Deadly Fiend
Demigod

Deadly Fiend has no status.

Castle Freak - 8/10
Rebirth of Mothra III - 8/10
Pitch Perfect - 7/10
Deadly Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #36776
Sykopath
The Last Son

Sykopath is doing nothing.

Quote:
Not this shit again. Ledger's performance is iconic. Death or no death, the guy deserved every bit of that award. It's going to be talked about 50 years from now. Nobody in TDKR left that kind of an impression. Hatheway was about the best of the bunch, but Oscar worthy? No.

Ledger's perfomance wasn't only perfect, it was unique. Much like Hannibal Lector, there is no other villain like him. Bane was cool and all, but he's a pretty shallow character. He's a one note brute. There's nothing too special about him, other than his mask and voice, which is very debatable on whether or not they were good qualities.

The rest were okay, but pretty standard. I actually thought the returning cast phoned it in for the most part.
Quote:

Come on now
You both need to go back and read what I said; because that's not what was said.

I'm saying we'll never fully know if Ledger would've WON that Oscar if he were alive. He gave a huge performance, and quite possibly the best EVER as a villain...but you can't sit there and tell me that him dying had NO role in him winning the Oscar. There's no doubt he would've been nominated, but I question all the time whether or not he would have won if he were still alive.
Sykopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #36777
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Skyfall - 4.5/5

No hype, just a damn good Bond movie. Definitely one of the best.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #36778
The Geek
Schlock King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
You both need to go back and read what I said; because that's not what was said.

I'm saying we'll never fully know if Ledger would've WON that Oscar if he were alive. He gave a huge performance, and quite possibly the best EVER as a villain...but you can't sit there and tell me that him dying had NO role in him winning the Oscar. There's no doubt he would've been nominated, but I question all the time whether or not he would have won if he were still alive.
That's something we'll never know. I think the academy awards suck dick so it really didn't matter to me if he won or not.

Bow to your King

B-Movie Madness

Quote:
Old 12-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #36779
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
That's something we'll never know. I think the academy awards suck dick so it really didn't matter to me if he won or not.
I'll agree to some extent. I honestly don't think he would've won the award, if he was still alive. However, that doesn't mean he wasn't deserving. I only say this, because the rest of the film was completely ignored by the academy. They didn't give a shit, even though the rest of the film was just as equally awards worthy.

His death had something to do with it all, but it didn't. Ya know what I mean?

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #36780
The Geek
Schlock King

Quote:
I'll agree to some extent. I honestly don't think he would've won the award, if he was still alive. However, that doesn't mean he wasn't deserving. I only say this, because the rest of the film was completely ignored by the academy. They didn't give a shit, even though the rest of the film was just as equally awards worthy.

His death had something to do with it all, but it didn't. Ya know what I mean?
I do. I don't think there would have been such a push for him to be nominated/win if he didn't pass on.

He definitely deserved to win but the academy didn't give two shits about TDK other than Ledger's performance. It deserved to be nominated for Best Picture at least but oh well.

Bow to your King

B-Movie Madness

Quote: