Exists - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Modern Horror

Modern Horror Horror Movies of the 1990's - present.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
BeRightBack
Flyboy

BeRightBack is doing people, and seeing things

Default Exists

Exists follows a group of twentysomethings who take a trip to a cabin deep in the wooded wilderness and are methodically hunted by a Bigfoot-like beast. Brian Steele, Dora Madison Burge, Samuel Davis, Roger Edwards, Chris Osborn and Denise Williamson star. - taken courtesy of BD.

There's an interesting cbs story on the page as well, that shows a few clips from the movie. http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...ectors-exists/

https://www.facebook.com/existsmovie facebook link to keep up with the movie as well.

This is the newest film by Eduardo Sanchez (Blair Witch, and recently Lovely Molly, and an upcoming segment from S-VHS). It's found footage (he loves the sub-genre, I guess. I'm interested in whatever he decides to do, and trying to do a bigfoot movie without it being campy should be a tough task. Ask whoever made the recent "The Lost Tapes", which was ok, and turned out to be more of a supernatural film, than a monster movie.
BeRightBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #2
Wonderlust
Fairies Wear Boots

Wonderlust is showing you the dirty side of heaven

Interesting.
I'm not a fan of found fottage films. Who am I kidding. I fucking hate them.
......but, The Lost Coast Tapes was awesome. So you never know.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:56 PM   #3
Jayy
It... Won't... Die...

Jayy is in bed with Lindy Booth aboard the Sulaco.

Lionsgate Acquires Distribution Rights to Bigfoot Horror Film Exists

Source: Lionsgate
March 8, 2014 Tweet14Share0

Lionsgate has acquired North American distribution rights to Exists, a new horror film from The Blair Witch Project director Eduardo Sánchez. The film played last night to a sold-out midnight screening at SXSW in Austin.

In Bigfoot's bold return to the big screen, five friends on a camping weekend in the remote woods of East Texas struggle to survive against a legendary predator that is stronger, smarter, and more terrifying than anything they would have ever believed exists.

The film stars Chris Osborn, Dora Madison Burge, Roger Edwards, Samuel Davis, Denise Williamson and Brian Steele and is produced by Jane Fleming, Mark Ordesky, Robin Cowie and J. Andrew Jenkins. Exists is executive produced by George Waud, D. Todd Shepherd, Gregg Hale and Reed Frerichs, and the Sasquatch creature was designed by Spectral Motion.

"I'm really excited about working with the talented team at Lionsgate. We've had great history together and they really understand 'Exists' and see the tremendous opportunity to reboot Bigfoot for a new generation," said director Sanchez.

Fleming and Ordesky, who developed and produced the film with Haxan Films through their production company Court Five, said, "It is especially gratifying to sell the film at SXSW in Austin so close to Bastrop, Texas where we shot 'Exists' with an amazing Texas-based cast and crew. We look forward to working with Lionsgate to bring Ed's vision to the masses."
Old 03-16-2014, 03:44 PM   #4
Colonel Cinematic
The Living Dead

Colonel Cinematic is the real Slim Shady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayy View Post
[B][FONT="Georgia"]Lionsgate has acquired North American distribution rights to Exists, a new horror film from The Blair Witch Project director Eduardo Sánchez. The film played last night to a sold-out midnight screening at SXSW in Austin.
Doesn't the fact that the film played sold out shows and got the rights picked up immediately mean that this might be amazing?

I've always had a love hate haven't cared to see sort of relationship with Daniel Myrick from TBWP but mainly Edwardo Sanchez who has had a complete hit and miss experience of films for me really so this Exists movie is by him too so we shall see.
Colonel Cinematic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:47 AM   #5
zigwardScissorHands
Fresh Kill

zigwardScissorHands is eating skittles, vomiting rainbows

I like The Blair Witch and Lovely Molly so I'm really hoping this will be good. I often joke that good movies about bigfoot are rarer than bigfoot itself. I've never been blown away by a bigfoot film so I'm hoping this or Bobcats upcoming film will be the ones.
zigwardScissorHands is offline   Reply With Quote