What films did you watch today? V2 - Page 3642 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #36411
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
I watched Splice a solid 7/10
It started out strong, but it lost my attention the longer it went.

[QUOTE=Sea Hag;2647238]
It's the Mt. Everest of film adaptations that calls for characters in the double digits to have fully fleshed out arcs, battles that are unparralled in scope and Jackson emphatically stuck the landing. Even if it's not your cup of tea, if you're a more than casual film fan one can look at it objectively and recognize that it's an achievement within the medium.

But I hear ya; it's not as if we're talking about classics like "Event Horizon" "The Phantom Menace" or "The Dark Knight Rises".
/QUOTE]

Not at all. I personally think I was too young to really appreciate them when I first saw them all. I've been meaning to give them all are-watch but it just feels like it's going to be such a chore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead breed View Post
Who Framed Roger Rabbit > LOTR trilogy

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #36412
Sea Hag
It... Won't... Die...

Sea Hag has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Sea Hag

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post
I've been meaning to give them all are-watch but it just feels like it's going to be such a chore.
I've tried watching all 3 extended editions in one day but I physically couldn't do it. (could only finish the first two) I obviously love'em but it tested my movie watching endurance. With that said; the extended versions are the only versions in my eyes.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
The Funhouse - 7.5/10
X-Men: Days Of Future Past - 7.5/10
Trick 'r Treat - 8/10
The Entity - 7/10
Night Of The Living Dead - 10/10
Sea Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:12 PM   #36413
Deadly Fiend
Demigod

Deadly Fiend has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
Sinister (2012) - 9/10
3. Humongous
4. Deadly Eyes
5. The Den
6. Rabid Grannies
7. The Revenant
8. Presidentís Day
9. Evilspeak
10. The Outing

DVD Collection / Letterboxd
Deadly Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:15 PM   #36414
Heathen
BANNED

Heathen is advising that if you kiss a corpse, you had better be willing to go all the way.

Halloween: Trick or Treat -- 7.5/10; This is a highly entertaining documentary produced by a Christian organization to besmirch the holiday of Halloween by associating it with Satanism and general crime. But they don't stop there, aiming to bring down producers of costumes and horror movies.
Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #36415
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Expendables 2 - Damn, what a great opening scene that was. Am I right, or what? That opening scene was spectacular. Too bad the rest of the film sucked. Seriously, what the hell to they think we want from this franchise? Apparently, what they think we want, is a bunch of old dogs giving us ridiculous, expository dialogue, with two big action set-pieces bookmarking it all. Fuck all that. I want the same goddamn action you gave us, in the opening ten minutes of the film, to last throughout.

What I don't want, is a script that was written by a twelve year-old, being expanded on by a bunch of sentimental old men. This film had one fucking job, and that was to entertain me in all of it's 80's "action movie" glory, and what I got was a confused narrative, that asks me to care about what I'm seeing. Did John Matrix ask that? I didn't fucking think so. This franchise is just WAY too high on itself.

Look, all we want, are some 80's era badasses, kicking the ever living shit out of bad guys. That's it. I don't care about the depth of the bad guy's greed. Just show him being greedy, and kill him. That's all I ask.

Disappoited again.

6/10.

Five of those points are for the opening scene alone. The rest is a bunch of garbage.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:45 PM   #36416
Mayday
Jury. Executioner. Judge.

Mayday is the law.

The Hole (2009) - Definitely captured 80s movies vibe like The Gate and Monster Squad, though the story lacked substance at points. - 6.5/10

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World - Began as a hilarious off-beat comedy before transitioning into a romantic dramady. I had no problems with it, as the story mostly continued in logical fashion, and Steve Carell and Keira Knightly had an excellent rapport. But I could understand how some peeps might be put off by the second half of the film. - 8.5/10

"Put some Radiohead on! I want to do heroin to Radiohead!"

Cats....or Death?!

2014 Horror Draft
1. Sunshine (2007)
2. Event Horizon (1997)
3. Pitch Black (2000)
4. +1 (2013)
5. Night of the Comet (1984)
6. Slither (2006)
7. The Faculty {1998}
8. Aliens (1986)
9. Europa Report (2013)
10. The Curse (1987)
Mayday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #36417
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Expendables 2 - Damn, what a great opening scene that was. Am I right, or what? That opening scene was spectacular. Too bad the rest of the film sucked. Seriously, what the hell to they think we want from this franchise? Apparently, what they think we want, is a bunch of old dogs giving us ridiculous, expository dialogue, with two big action set-pieces bookmarking it all. Fuck all that. I want the same goddamn action you gave us, in the opening ten minutes of the film, to last throughout.

What I don't want, is a script that was written by a twelve year-old, being expanded on by a bunch of sentimental old men. This film had one fucking job, and that was to entertain me in all of it's 80's "action movie" glory, and what I got was a confused narrative, that asks me to care about what I'm seeing. Did John Matrix ask that? I didn't fucking think so. This franchise is just WAY too high on itself.

Look, all we want, are some 80's era badasses, kicking the ever living shit out of bad guys. That's it. I don't care about the depth of the bad guy's greed. Just show him being greedy, and kill him. That's all I ask.

Disappoited again.

6/10.

Five of those points are for the opening scene alone. The rest is a bunch of garbage.
I see your points.
Thankfully, I missed it in theater. Maybe a re-run on Blu-ray, we will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Hag View Post
I've tried watching all 3 extended editions in one day but I physically couldn't do it. (could only finish the first two) I obviously love'em but it tested my movie watching endurance. With that said; the extended versions are the only versions in my eyes.
You seem a pretty reasonable guy with this statement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #36418
Gabberhouse24
The Living Dead

Gabberhouse24 is right behind you.

Argo - 9/10

Affleck continues his very solid directing career with this one. I knew the story and how everything turned out, but that didn't stop the nail biting tension he created with this one. Solid acting from the whole cast, an intriguing true story and spot on direction all come together in one of my favorite films this year.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #36419
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

The Wizard Of Oz 10/10

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #36420
Vlad The Impaler
BANNED

Vlad The Impaler is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabberhouse24 View Post
Argo - 9/10

Affleck continues his very solid directing career with this one. I knew the story and how everything turned out, but that didn't stop the nail biting tension he created with this one. Solid acting from the whole cast, an intriguing true story and spot on direction all come together in one of my favorite films this year.

Great film! One of my top 10 movies of the year. Ben Affleck is a skilled director. Three times out of three he has struck gold.

The Bird with the Crystal Plumage (1970)

**** out of ****

Paranormal Activity 4 (2012)

* out of ****
Vlad The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote