The old message board is back, a few notes... - Page 26 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > Bloody-Disgusting.com > News and Announcements

News and Announcements Site news and happenings, if somethings going on you'll hear about it here.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #251
SlayerX
OG Salmon

SlayerX is feeding you bacon strips for your hater lips

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead breed View Post
It would be nice to see Legacy the main msg board on BD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
My hope is that they just carve out the message boards part of the new board and retro fit this V-bulletin board into the larger layout they have going. It's not as hard as it seems, since I did it with my school library site and it mainly involves embedding. It won't have the facebook feel they must have been interested in, but it would be far more functional and as you can see, we have the support of the members. The old website didn't have a lot of interactivity between the front page and the message boards, so not much would be lost anyway.

It seems to have more do with traffic, but I hope the powers that be realize they can get the traffic with the front page and still have the message boards this place was known for by reincorporating the Legacy format inside the new design. New members will always want a high traffic message board to discuss their opinions. This seems like an easy win win decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead breed View Post

Ill toast to that. It definitely seems like the best and proper alternative.

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation
SlayerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:27 AM   #252
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
My hope is that they just carve out the message boards part of the new board and retro fit this V-bulletin board into the larger layout they have going. It's not as hard as it seems, since I did it with my school library site and it mainly involves embedding. It won't have the facebook feel they must have been interested in, but it would be far more functional and as you can see, we have the support of the members. The old website didn't have a lot of interactivity between the front page and the message boards, so not much would be lost anyway.

It seems to have more do with traffic, but I hope the powers that be realize they can get the traffic with the front page and still have the message boards this place was known for by reincorporating the Legacy format inside the new design. New members will always want a high traffic message board to discuss their opinions. This seems like an easy win win decision.
Agree with all of this. I don't get why they just don't do it already.

You guys need to speak to Killrobot.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #253
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

Quote:

I read from Tool Shed or Killrobot can't remember which he wasn't going to link these boards to replace the new ones, but if they do something like you said I don't see what the problem would be, that being said, if he wasn't going to have it linked to here, I don't see why they'd make it look like this.

I don't think these boards will ever see the new layout. All we can do is that in time hope they sort out a system that works effectively.

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:37 AM   #254
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is blazin'

Am I the only one who has lost hope that BD will return to what it use to be?
Old 11-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #255
Justin_Voorhees
The Living Dead

Justin_Voorhees has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerX View Post
Just trash the "new" site already. It been many months and it is still nothing but a pile of shit filled to the brim with adds and spam bots. The layout is poor and the message boards dont ever get posted in. BD needs to be restored to its former glory.
The "new" site is terrible. I don't even bother going there any more.
Justin_Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #256
Mr. Bill
BD's Official Thunder Buddy!

Mr. Bill is obsessing over this broken board!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
Nope, I lost hope awhile back when Killrobot made it clear that he doesn't give a flying fuck what any of us think but it's his site, if he wants to point the nose of the plane straight at the ground that is his business, we're all just the disgruntled passengers on his airline.

My Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horro...?ref=bookmarks

My Movie Collection, 5149 films & counting...

http://billsmovies.filmaf.com/

Last edited by Mr. Bill; 11-22-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #257
Sykopath
The Last Son

Sykopath is doing nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
As long as BD Legacy stays around, so will I. There should at least be an administrator for this board...that way things around here can be fixed or improved, if need be.

I sure do miss the old site, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
The "new" site is terrible. I don't even bother going there any more.
Yeah, I agree. I understand why it had to be done but BD has always been like a second home to me. I came here to read updates, give reviews, and have debates with other members. Now, most of all the ol' chaps are gone. So, yeah, I miss the old place, but I doubt it'll ever be the same.
Sykopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #258
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

[QUOTE=Shape;2647025]There should at least be an administrator for this board...that way things around here can be fixed or improved, if need be.

There is.

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #259
Sykopath
The Last Son

Sykopath is doing nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post
There is.
I'm talking about making this it's own message board, itself, and having someone maintain this board themselves like killrobot does with the new site, and used to with this one.
Sykopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:29 PM   #260
Shoggoth
The Living Dead

Shoggoth is in a land of confusion

I'm probably a little late to the game with this question, but exactly how does the admin system work around here. I know we have admins who post regularly and keep the boards in order such as Breed and Caustic. Do they have any say in what KillRobot does or are they just here to keep things in line? I'm just trying to understand the chain of command a bit better.