The All Purpose Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 27 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #261
Mogwai
BANNED

Mogwai is three sheets to the wind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
I agree with what that (obviously Mancunian) actor is saying but fuck me if that's not the most unconvincing cockney accent since Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins!
"Oim the facking top boy, Oi ran the facking firm at west haaaahm you facking slaaahgs"!
"Oim forevah blaaawing babbles"
Mogwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:23 AM   #262
Vlad The Impaler
BANNED

Vlad The Impaler is gone.

The brilliant Crystal Palace striker Wilfried Zaha has been called up to England for the Sweden friendly. I coundn't be prouder.
Vlad The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #263
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

Quote:
The brilliant Crystal Palace striker Wilfried Zaha has been called up to England for the Sweden friendly. I coundn't be prouder.
I hope you aren't a Palace fan cause I'm a Wednesday fan lol

The call up stops him being eligible to play for Ivory Coast, we should do the same with Raheem Sterling. There's some talented young players breaking into the england squad, hopefully we have a good future.
Midnight-Kroovy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #264
Vlad The Impaler
BANNED

Vlad The Impaler is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
I hope you aren't a Palace fan cause I'm a Wednesday fan lol
Yeah I am. Cough! 2 -1.

Quote:
The call up stops him being eligible to play for Ivory Coast, we should do the same with Raheem Sterling. There's some talented young players breaking into the england squad, hopefully we have a good future.
Unfortunately, because it's just a friendly it doesn't. Saha still has to make a decision. Apparently, Drogba is trying to persuade him to play for Ivory Coast.
Vlad The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:54 AM   #265
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Quote:
Yeah I am. Cough! 2 -1.
I was there when we got relegated, it was agonizing . In hindsight going down meant we finally got taken over (after 15 years of terrible ownership) and we've been moving forward ever since. I hold no grudges I like Holloway as well and you're flying at the moment so good luck.

Quote:
Unfortunately, because it's just a friendly it doesn't. Saha still has to make a decision. Apparently, Drogba is trying to persuade him to play for Ivory Coast.
Oh right, of course. I think been included in England plans will go along way to persuading him though.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #266
Renacimiento
The Fallen Angel

Renacimiento has no status.

Location: Somewhere at the bottom of the ocean, near Argentina.

But "Zaha" is Ivorian. The truth is I don't understand what's the point of owning a players in a national team, if they are foreigners. You lose the sense of a national team. It would be a bit ridiculous, know that one of the best players in a particular country, not even born there.

Many Argentine players have worn the shirt of other countries: Alfredo Di Stefano, Mauro Camoranesi (even was champion with Italy). I hate them all.

I remember when the Spanish usurpers tried to take from us to Messi. Luckily all our players are born on this land.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:58 AM   #267
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renacimiento View Post
But "Zaha" is Ivorian. The truth is I don't understand what's the point of owning a players in a national team, if they are foreigners. You lose the sense of a national team. It would be a bit ridiculous, know that one of the best players in a particular country, not even born there.

Many Argentine players have worn the shirt of other countries: Alfredo Di Stefano, Mauro Camoranesi (even was champion with Italy). I hate them all.

I remember when the Spanish usurpers tried to take from us to Messi. Luckily all our players are born on this land.
I mostly agree with you but I think there are exceptions. Zaha moved here as an infant so England is probably all he knows and can remember. Same goes for Raheem Sterling who moved here as an infant and I think has an english father so the issue isnt black and white.

I was surprised to find out Bradley Wiggins who won all the gold medals and tour de france was born in Belgium.