Rue Morgue Magazine - Page 22 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Books, Magazines, Literature, etc..

Books, Magazines, Literature, etc.. Some of us really do know how to read!

Old 01-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #211
Hell
Not Dead Yet

Hell is scratching his head wondering why the death penalty isnt given out more often!

This months issue is a good one, alot of good reviews!! not huge fan of The woman in black cover, bit mainstream youd expect from an "other horror magazine".
Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:11 PM   #212
Dark Mark
Fresh Kill

Dark Mark is a freelance exorcist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell View Post
This months issue is a good one, alot of good reviews!! not huge fan of The woman in black cover, bit mainstream youd expect from an "other horror magazine".
Not really I think it rather bold featuring this on the cover and it is looking like one of the better horror pictures to be released theatrically this year.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #213
mR_BuNgLe
Time Cop

mR_BuNgLe has no status.

Fantastic issue!

UNIVERSAL THE STUDIO THAT MONSTERS BUILT!
Genre historian David J. Skal helps us celebrate 100 years of Universal Studios and the classic creatures it spawned. Plus! Carla Laemmle takes us back to when she lived on the Universal lot, the children of Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi reflect on their fathers' legacies, Creature From the Black Lagoon star Julie Adams and writer Tom Weaver on Universal's last great monster franchise, the lore of Germany's Castle Frankenstein, the five greatest sequels, and more!
by James Burrell, Paul Corupe, Moaner T.Lawrence, Sean Plummer and April Snellings

CINEMA APOCALYPTICA
If the Mayans are right, 2012 is the year we're all gonna die - the only question is, how? For years, filmmakers have speculated on all the ways our species could end, and we decided to catalogue 'em for your Armageddon convenience.
by Staff

'TIS THE SEASON TO BE WARY
Upon release, fans of the franchise hated it for its lack of Michael Myers, 30 years later Halloween III stands on its own. PLUS! We weigh the treats versus the tricks of the new Blu-ray reissues of Halloween II through 5.
by Michael Doyle and Aaron Von Lupton

ALL KINDS OF MONSTERS
Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett gives genre fans a peek at his collection of rare horror memorabilia with a new book called Too Much Horror Business.
by Trevor Tuminski

FESTIVAL OF FEAR 2012
Rue Morgue's 9th annual horror convention in pictures.
by Ashlea Wessel and Dave Alexander

THIS HOUSE IS HAUNTED
Just in time for Halloween, we recount the history of Disney's world famous Haunted Mansion.
by Mike Beardsall

HAUNTED REALITY
When it comes to scaring the hell out of an audience, the makers of Paranormal Activity 4 know that the secret lies in the normal.
by Dave Alexander

DEPARTMENTS:

NOTE FROM UNDERGROUND
My Frankenstein

DREADLINES
Eli Roth's Goretorium open in Las Vegas; Urban zombie game inspired by Danny Boyle's 28 Days Later; Racially charged story ignites controversy at Weird Tales.

THE CORONER'S REPORT
Weird stats and morbid facts. Sick Top Six: Apocalyptic Atrocities.

NEEDFUL THINGS
Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection Blu-ray, Bela Lugosi Dracula Model Kit, Ring of Dracula Prop Replica, and Mummy Minimates Box Set.

CINEMACABRE
CineMacabre features Jennifer Lynch's Chained, and animated monster movies ParaNorman and Hotel Transylvania. Plus reviews of Solomon Kane, The Possession, Father's Day, Grimm: Season One, Bait, Screaming in High Heels, Crepuscule, PWCA, Her Heart Still Beats, The Revenant, Starship Troopers: Invasion, Deadtime, Dreams of the Dead, Where the Dead Go To Die, and My Sucky Teen Romance. Reissues features the five best episodes of the British TV series Hammer House of Horror, plus reviews Rosemary's Baby (1968), Re-Animator (1985), Death Watch (1980), Twins of Evil (1971) and Tales That Witness Madness (1973).

LATE-NITE ARCHIVE
TCM Underground.

BOWEN'S BASEMENT
Funhouse (1981).

BLOOD IN FOUR COLOURS
Features Colder, plus reviews of The Creep #0 of 5, Godzilla: The Hald Century War #1 of 5, Beasts of Burden: Neighborhood Watch, Dark Shadows/Vampirella #1, and Debris #1.

THE NINTH CIRCLE
Spotlight: John Skipp's Psychos anthology. Library of the Damned picks five books for the bunker. Plus, reviews of Becoming Ray Bradbury, European Nightmares: Horror Cinema In Europe Since 1945, Character Actors in Horror and Science Fiction Films, 1930-1960, The Mammoth Book of Body Horror, Hugh Sterbakov's City Under the Moon, Corrine de Winter's Valentines for the Dead, David Annadale's Gethsemane Hall, Mariah de la Croix's Restless in Peace, and The Vampire Combat Manual.

THE FRIGHT GALLERY
Robert Gleason, the man behind the original Halloween poster.

THE GORE-MET
Menu: The Bunny Game.

AUDIO DROME
Featuring a round-up of monster records. The Devil's Playlist compiles one last listening party for the end of the world. Plus, reviews of Brutal OST, I Married a Monster from Outer Space/The Atomic City OST, Lady In A Cage OST, When a Stranger Calls OST, Zonen, The Birthday Massacre, The Panic Beats, Jess and the Ancient Ones, Chrysalide, Dethklok, Dopethrone, Auroch, Nile, Dublin Death Patrol, and Autopsy's brand-new DVD.

PLAY DEAD
We play Dystopia Rising: A Zombie Larp, plus reviews of Skyrim: Dawnguard DLC and Eerie Estate Agent.

CLASSIC CUT
Rondo Hatton (1894-1946).

GIVEAWAYS THIS ISSUE!
15 new subscribers will win a copy of The Walking Dead - The Complete 2nd Season on Blu-ray courtesy of Anchor Bay Entertainment.

ON STANDS NOW!
mR_BuNgLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:20 PM   #214
travisbickle
Send... More... Paramedics

travisbickle is warning you, I'll put a knife right in you!

I haven't bought an issue of Rue Morgue in a while, but I'm definitely picking this one up.

My DVD's/Blu's
travisbickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #215
mR_BuNgLe
Time Cop

mR_BuNgLe has no status.

FIVE DRENCHED DECADES
Sweet for meat? Mad for splatter? Craving carnage? We enlist gore gods Herschell Gordon Lewis, Dario Argento, Tom Savini, Jorg Buttgereit and Fred Vogel to help us delve into a half-century of cinematic slaughter. PLUS: With giallo expert Alan Jones, we investigate the history of the spectacularly violent movement on its golden anniversary, and five decades after Mondo Cane ushered in the shockumentary, we shield our faces for a peek at the real video nasties.
by The Gore-met, Colin McCracken, Kristy Jett and Tal Zimerman

A LEGACY OF SKULLS
Rue Morgue peers into William Jamieson's modern-day cabinet of curiosities.
by April Snellings; photos by Ashlea Wessel

TRANSMISSION SUICIDE
David Cronenberg reflects on the freaky and amazingly prescient Videodrome, three decades after the techno-body horror film first hit screens. PLUS: Howard Shore explains what it's like to get inside the filmmaker's mind while scoring his work.
by Michael Doyle and Liisa Ladouceur

FESTIVAL OF FEAR 2013
Feast your eyes on photos from our 10th annual horror convention.
by Various

AT THE MONITORS OF MADNESS
Make your own monsters - the D.I.Y. movement comes to genre video games. PLUS: We pick five of the most compelling indie horror titles outside of the ever-popular first-person shooter.
by Patrick Dolan

GROWING PAINS
Carrie remake director Kimberly Peirce and star Chloe Grace Moretz find fresh blood in Stephen King's classic tale of one girl's high school hell.
by Jessa Sobczuk

MONSTER SMASH!
Former Misfits guitarist Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein trades horror punk anthems for macabre metal on Abominator.
by Aaron Von Lupton

DEPARTMENTS:

NOTE FROM UNDERGROUND
All the gory details.

DREADLINES
Bram Stoker estate endorses new theatrical production of Dracula; Stuart Gordon taps Kickstarter to fund film version of Poe play; Monster cereals fans resurrect Frute Brute and Yummy Mummy.

THE CORONER'S REPORT
Weird stats and morbid facts. Sick Top Six: High Flying Heads.

NEEDFUL THINGS
Blood Pool Chopping Board; Bloody Cleaver Clutch; Bloody Brain Soap; Little Timmy in Lighted Specimen Jar.

CINEMACABRE
CineMacabre features reviews of Riddick, Fright Night 2: New Blood, Haunter, The Happy House, Under the Bed, Detention of the Dead, My Amityville Horror, Halloween Home Haunts, Among Friends, Gallowwalkers, Twixt, Virus X, Zombie Exs, and The Ghastly Love of Johnny X. Reissues features The Vincent Price Collection, plus reviews of The Devil's Backbone (2001), Swamp Thing (1982), Body Double (1984), Corruption (1968), and X-Ray (1982)/Schizoid (1980) Double Feature.

LATE-NITE ARCHIVE
In the Vault: The Uninvited.

BOWEN'S BASEMENT
Dug Up: Yeti: Giant of the 20th Century.

BLOOD IN FOUR COLOURS
Features Manborg, plus reviews of Damsels: Giant Killer one shot, Grimm Fairy Tales: No Tomorrow #1 of 5, Saga #13, Superman: Phantom Zone, and Bela Lugosi's Tales From the Grave #4.

THE NINTH CIRCLE
Spotlight: Bleeding Skull!: A 1980s Trash-Horror Odyssey. Library of the Damned celebrates physical books with Madeleine Roux's Asylum. Plus, reviews of New Critical Essays on H.P. Lovecraft, David Nickle's The 'Geisters, The Women of Hammer Horror, Gary McMahon's The Bones of You, Kathleen Scheiner's The Collectors, and more!

THE FRIGHT GALLERY
On Display: Pumpkinrot.

THE GORE-MET
Menu: The Incredible Melting Man and Street Trash.

AUDIO DROME
Featuring our five fave soundtracks by the Italian gods of gore scores Goblin, with commentary by Massimo Morante. Listen to My Nightmare asks Exhumed's Matt Harvey to pick his top five splatter movies. Plus reviews of The Fog OST, David Lynch, Lonesome Wyatt and the Holy Spooks, Espectrostatic, Twiztid, Toxic Zombie, Dead Federation, Author & Punisher, and Facebreaker.

PLAY DEAD
Features reviews of Outlast, Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time, and Dying: Sinner Escape.

CLASSIC CUT
Caravaggio's The Beheading Of John The Baptist.

GIVEAWAYS THIS ISSUE!
20 New Subscribers will win a copy of John Carpenter's Halloween 35th Anniversary Edition, courtesy of Anchor Bay Entertainment.
mR_BuNgLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #216
kevinb
Fresh Kill

kevinb has no status.

I picked up issue 137 last month or so.
First time owning an issue since... Issue 93.

Great magazine. I had a 2 year subscription there for awhile
kevinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:24 AM   #217
ruemorgue

ruemorgue is buried within sweet pandemonium

I still buy and love this magazine. For years now.
ruemorgue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #218
MCRL
Not Dead Yet

MCRL has no status.

love this magazine. i read this monthly along with horrorhound every 2 months.
MCRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #219
travisbickle

travisbickle is warning you, I'll put a knife right in you!

On the 40th anniversary of THE EXORCIST, director WILLIAM FRIEDKIN gives us a rare, candid interview and shares his thoughts on the film, possession, God and, of course, the Devil. PLUS: WILLIAM PETER BLATTY’s Lost Screenplay Collection brings us five unfilmed scripts, and lots more. WES CRAVEN relates the fantastic, sometimes nightmarish story behind the making of THE SERPENT AND THE RAINBOW, his underrated masterpiece of voodoo horror. THRILLER creator BRIAN CLEMENS helps us look back on his amazing career. Director PETER STRICKLAND takes us inside BERBERIAN SOUND STUDIO, his giallo-themed film that explores the art of making you squirm. Plus the latest film, book, comic book, music, game and toy releases. ON STANDS December 1.

Must buy!

My DVD's/Blu's
travisbickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #220
scream4melongbeach
Rotting Corpse

scream4melongbeach is concerned,but hopefull

Is it just me or is anyone else finding their subscription service very slow? Great magazine but the service has been frustrating.