BD Write-Off Discussion Thread - Page 8 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > General Horror Talk

General Horror Talk Does it have something to do with horror? Does it not fit in anywhere else? Post It Here!

Old 05-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #71
horror_movie_girl
It... Won't... Die...

horror_movie_girl is checking into Arkham Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to horror_movie_girl

Congrats WillowFang!!! I knew my story needed more work when I submitted I just ran out of time. Are we doing this again in August?

My Pet Zombie Hates Your Guts But Loves Your Brain!!

Special Thanks to H.P. Pufncraft for making you want to click on my brain!!

My Horror Musings with a Psychotic Twist
Welcome to the Asylum: You Know You're Certifiable
horror_movie_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #72
Willowfang
has gone to plaid

Willowfang is half Thundercat on his childhood's side

Yeah, a discussion thread specific to the Fall write off will go up the 1st Monday of August, then 6 weeks to write starting the1st Monday of September so the stories can be up a bit before Halloween.
I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.
Willowfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #73
Willowfang
has gone to plaid

We're almost there once again. The discussion thread goes up on Monday.

Besides the opening sentences (which Erebus Dirge and I have some ideas for) we also have a new idea on how to start your stories off. I'll say no more now tho It's discussion is best left for the Fall thread.

When the thread goes up, be sure to post THERE that you intend to write something. No harm if you're unable to turn something in on time as always tho.
I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #74
Willowfang
has gone to plaid

The 2013 Spring Horror Write Off is still over 2 1/2 months away. I just wanted to start people thinking about the Themes and/or Genres we'll be using. There's gonna be a list below, just the names tho so ask if one of them isn't obvious about what it's about. They'll need fleshed out and clarified in any case.

Feel free to suggest ideas not on there. and by the 1st Monday of March when we start voting on which to use, we'll have the list narrowed down to about the best 5-10 to pick the best 3 or so for this next write off.

Atomic Horror
Zombie Outbreak
Bad Blood - Bad Families
Below the Surface
Creature Feature
Crossroads
- (A soul has been sold to some evil power, how's that turning out and/or does someone want to break the contract)
Eco-Horror
Foreign Bodies
- Medical/Science gone bad
Historical
Holiday
Horror-Noir
Institution
Occult
Outer Space
Over The Top
Slasher
Supernatural Menace
Old 12-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #75
Erebus Dirge
Rotting Corpse

Erebus Dirge is dressing up his turds like barbie dolls with thedead flayed skins of his enemies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowfang View Post
The 2013 Spring Horror Write Off is still over 2 1/2 months away. I just wanted to start people thinking about the Themes and/or Genres we'll be using. There's gonna be a list below, just the names tho so ask if one of them isn't obvious about what it's about. They'll need fleshed out and clarified in any case.

Feel free to suggest ideas not on there. and by the 1st Monday of March when we start voting on which to use, we'll have the list narrowed down to about the best 5-10 to pick the best 3 or so for this next write off.

Atomic Horror
Zombie Outbreak
Bad Blood - Bad Families
Below the Surface
Creature Feature
Crossroads
- (A soul has been sold to some evil power, how's that turning out and/or does someone want to break the contract)
Eco-Horror
Foreign Bodies
- Medical/Science gone bad
Historical
Holiday
Horror-Noir
Institution
Occult
Outer Space
Over The Top
Slasher
Supernatural Menace
Cool! Can't wait for the next one . Maybe it's because what I'm writing at the moment ( Merry Krampus Mr.Shroud or The Yuletide Horror -A Ferryman & Shroud Mystery - A tale about a pair of Victorian Monster Hunting Undertakers trying to prevent more murders of children in a workhouse/orphanage from Krampus and Perchta the belly-slitter a pair of pagan Xmas demons who torture and kill naughty kids at the Yule tide period.) I was thinking maybe something gothic and classic such as Sleepy Hollow, Hammer Horror classics, Mary Shelley, R.L. Stevenson or even Poe. Something even Victorian or even steampunk orientated maybe call it " Penny Dreadfuls" or " Horror's by Gaslight". A new take on Spring Heeled Jack or Jack The Ripper, Sweeney Todd would be cool. Or a dread building Ghost story set in those times.

" The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Read latest fiction " The Closet by rhill10" in DEMETIONS at http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/for...t=61754&page=5

Last edited by Erebus Dirge; 12-08-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Erebus Dirge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #76
Willowfang
has gone to plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erebus Dirge View Post
Cool! Can't wait for the next one . Maybe it's because what I'm writing at the moment ( Merry Krampus Mr.Shroud or The Yuletide Horror -A Ferryman & Shroud Mystery - A tale about a pair of Victorian Monster Hunting Undertakers trying to prevent more murders of children in a workhouse/orphanage from Krampus and Perchta the belly-slitter a pair of pagan Xmas demons who torture and kill naughty kids at the Yule tide period.) I was thinking maybe something gothic and classic such as Sleepy Hollow, Hammer Horror classics, Mary Shelley, R.L. Stevenson or even Poe. Something even Victorian or even steampunk orientated maybe call it " Penny Dreadfuls" or " Horror's by Gaslight". A new take on Spring Heeled Jack or Jack The Ripper, Sweeney Todd would be cool. Or a dread building Ghost story set in those times.
We had Classic Creatures before that since became Creature Feature, it was supposed to be any of the Universal/Hammer Monster, we could make sure people know that or just add Humanoid Monsters.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #77
Erebus Dirge
Rotting Corpse

Erebus Dirge is dressing up his turds like barbie dolls with thedead flayed skins of his enemies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowfang View Post
We had Classic Creatures before that since became Creature Feature, it was supposed to be any of the Universal/Hammer Monster, we could make sure people know that or just add Humanoid Monsters.
Yeah that would be awesome like a modern day riff of the old universal studios Versus Monsters series i.e.- Frankenstien versus Wolfman etc. I'm in !

" The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Read latest fiction " The Closet by rhill10" in DEMETIONS at http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/for...t=61754&page=5
Erebus Dirge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #78
Willowfang
has gone to plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erebus Dirge View Post
Yeah that would be awesome like a modern day riff of the old universal studios Versus Monsters series i.e.- Frankenstien versus Wolfman etc. I'm in !
You could certainly do a vs., I just meant Universal or Hammer as in Vampire, werewolf, mummy, Creature from the Black Lagoon, that sort of thing.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #79
prettyscary
Wererabbit

prettyscary is too jittery for more coffee, so shes only having one more cup.

Didn't we have Atomic Horror last spring?
Old 12-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #80
Willowfang
has gone to plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyscary View Post
Didn't we have Atomic Horror last spring?
Yes, and we've used Zombie Outbreak and Bad Blood - Bad Families as well. We've use Things That Should Not Be Too.

In the past I had wanted to not use the same theme twice in a row. But two things, given the stage of this we're in, I've decided to list them at the very least, and am thinking we'll see if they get chosen or not.

Since the larger variety of choices worked well last time, that we might expand our available themes to 4 or 5 in the Spring, in which case it wouldn't hurt to have a theme we used before so long as we still have 3 or 4 new ones too. This idea being something I planned to have in the discussion sooner or later.

So do people like the idea of more themes/genres to choose from, like 5 with the possible reappearance of what was used last time, or just 3 new ones and that's it?

Tags
horror write off