PC Tips for Beginners Thread - Page 30 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Don't Be A Nerd

Don't Be A Nerd Computers, Video Games, Technology... that sort of stuff

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #291
Karie
Rotting Corpse
 
Karie's Avatar
Karie is into Horror Movies
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NH, USA
Posts: 1,105
Default

Thought I'd share these links..
Smileys Repository
Emotioncons
__________________

Last edited by Karie; 05-11-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Karie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #292
Karie
Rotting Corpse
 
Karie's Avatar
Karie is into Horror Movies
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NH, USA
Posts: 1,105
Default

I know one thing I like about this forum is that you have the option
of seeing the latest post in a thread first when you click
on the Posts link instead of starting out at the very first post ever made on the link.

I'm sure you know how, but in case...

On top of the page go to QUICK LINKS
Go down to EDIT OPTIONS
Go down to THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS
and see THREAD DISPLAY MODE
and choose LINEAR-NEWEST FIRST
and SAVE CHANGES at bottom of page.
KK??
__________________

Last edited by Karie; 05-16-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Karie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #293
Karie
Rotting Corpse
 
Karie's Avatar
Karie is into Horror Movies
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NH, USA
Posts: 1,105
Default

You know that keeping a computer clean of spyware and viruses is key.
Also, cleaning up crap as well. Everything you do on your computer leaves
traces that just takes up space...
So I'm gonna give you a few links for free software I've found usefull.

I use Free virus protection called:
AVIRA
For Free spyware cleanup:
SuperAntiSpyware
For Free Junk files/Internet cleanup:
CCleaner
__________________
Karie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #294
Rusted
Paranoid Android
 
Rusted's Avatar
Rusted has no status.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 24,075
Send a message via MSN to Rusted
Default

Need some help.

I use chrome and for the past several weeks shockwave flash keeps crashing, almost on a daily basis.

How do I fix this ?
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:10 AM   #295
aaronmb
Rotting Corpse
 
aaronmb's Avatar
aaronmb has no status.
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: St.Louis, MO
Posts: 1,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post
Need some help.

I use chrome and for the past several weeks shockwave flash keeps crashing, almost on a daily basis.

How do I fix this ?
I had this problem with Firefox and what I did was I downloaded an older adobe flash player, then I downloaded FlashLight 1.2, the firefox add on. It stopped it from updating. Whenever there's a screen, you just click it.
aaronmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:10 AM   #296
Se7en
The Bad Guy
 
Se7en's Avatar
Se7en is gaining too much hustle and is down to ill
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Void
Posts: 19,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmb View Post
I had this problem with Firefox and what I did was I downloaded an older adobe flash player, then I downloaded FlashLight 1.2, the firefox add on. It stopped it from updating. Whenever there's a screen, you just click it.
It's been two months since he posted that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:35 AM   #297
Doctor RoXo
The Living Dead
 
Doctor RoXo's Avatar
Doctor RoXo is a sad clown :(
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Somewhere between a Borderline and an Antisocial Personality Disorder
Posts: 3,104
Default

Does anyone here own a tablet? I'm probably going to pick this > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834231778 up Wednesday. Never owned a tablet before. Anything I should know before hand? Everything I've read about this tablet sounds good, great reviews, best bang for buck, etc. etc. There is a Google Nexus 7 that is supposed to be better but about $70 more too so I think I'll stick with this.

Not looking for ipad quality here. Just something to use for reading mostly. I was gonna get one of the Kindle paperwhites (love the long battery life) but I want something that I can use for comic books too. And kindles cost the same as this so....

And having things like netflix, youtube and being able to use my favorite sites like this one is a plus.

So, is this the right tablet for me? Or do you know of a better one?
__________________
Doctor RoXo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:58 AM   #298
Klown
Administrator
 
Klown's Avatar
Klown has no status.
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Titletown
Posts: 12,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
Does anyone here own a tablet? I'm probably going to pick this > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834231778 up Wednesday. Never owned a tablet before. Anything I should know before hand? Everything I've read about this tablet sounds good, great reviews, best bang for buck, etc. etc. There is a Google Nexus 7 that is supposed to be better but about $70 more too so I think I'll stick with this.

Not looking for ipad quality here. Just something to use for reading mostly. I was gonna get one of the Kindle paperwhites (love the long battery life) but I want something that I can use for comic books too. And kindles cost the same as this so....

And having things like netflix, youtube and being able to use my favorite sites like this one is a plus.

So, is this the right tablet for me? Or do you know of a better one?
If you are going to read comics on it, you may want to look at something with a higher resolution screen. The screen on the Asus is fine, but a higher resolution would certainly make books, comics, pictures, and movies that much more enjoyable.
Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 04:27 PM   #299
Mayday
Jury. Executioner. Judge.
 
Mayday's Avatar
Mayday is the law.
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mega-City One
Posts: 12,129
Default

Any computer experts:

I have a custom built PC running Win8.
I could go into a long history of the computer, but I'm not going to unless a responder really wants to know.

My issue is this: every time it's turned off (which is why I leave it on) or a power surge knocks it off, it is ridiculously hard to get it to load up again.
The error I'm getting is:
I/O error due to some removable device not being removed properly (this has not in fact happened), and:
file windows\system32\winload.exe being corrupted or missing
error code 0xc000000f

I do not have a boot disc for the computer, but I do have a laptop and a thumbdrive.
My question is: is there anyway to use the laptop to copy that file onto the PC or create a bootdisc on the thumbdrive to do so?

If not, I gotta wait at least 2 weeks til my computer expert friend who built it to return to the States to fix it.
__________________


2015 All Genre Draft
Nebraska (2013)
Suicide Kings (1997)
Mean Creek (2004)
Shallow Grave (1994)
Clay Pigeons (1998 )
Autómata (2014)
Go (1999)
Never Let Me Go (2010)
Tapeheads (1988 )
In a World... (2013)
Mayday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 04:36 PM   #300
Se7en
The Bad Guy
 
Se7en's Avatar
Se7en is gaining too much hustle and is down to ill
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Void
Posts: 19,013
Default

Just don't turn it off dude. That's what I do.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC