A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) - Page 516 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 03-10-2012, 04:43 AM   #5151
Heathen
BANNED

Heathen is advising that if you kiss a corpse, you had better be willing to go all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyTENSE View Post
Meh I'll take honest sincerity with a bit of an amateur charm( Heather Langenkamp ), over constant stoic and angsty expressions ( Rooney Mara ) any day of the week. At least Heather showed more range... she actually expressed good moods, bad moods, obsession, sorrow, determination, cleverness, and even sarcasm. Rooney showed one emotion which is somber.... how boring and typical of today's approach to acting as a teenager. Are there no normal generally happy teens out there these days? I guess I'd be a depressed teen too if all I expected out of life was getting the latest iPhone, biggest LED TV, the latest game system, eating the most expensive food, wearing the hottest clothes, getting the hottest girl or guy, and a BMW... and finding out that this is the real world and that you have to actually work and earn such luxury. Kids today.
I'm not sold on R. Mara (and the ever-widening "Dragon" circle jerk), as she seems like a poor man's Emily Blunt (in both looks and chops), but the ANOES remake script didn't give her half the Nancy character Heather was given. Regardless, it doesn't matter whether the character is well written if the actor plays every emotion like a planker and relies on the action to move them from scene to scene.

I wonder why all the Lagenkampf lovers aren't slavering over her upcoming horror/thriller movie, which reads like a family drama for TV. I'm interested to see whether her acting ability was sufficiently weatherproofed (like my deck chairs) or whether heatherproofing the post-DW Elm Streets was a wise decision.
Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #5152
Justinakach0ppa
Not Dead Yet

Justinakach0ppa is Entering Haddonfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brends View Post
I can't believe how horrible this movie was. Everything about this was laughable.
I agree I have no idea wtf they were thinking.
Justinakach0ppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #5153
The Xenomorph
BANNED

The Xenomorph is SO COOL!

I haven't even seen this remake, so I don't know what to think of the upcoming sequel.

Tell me why people hated it. Explain, please.
The Xenomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:15 PM   #5154
Justinakach0ppa
Not Dead Yet

Justinakach0ppa is Entering Haddonfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Xenomorph View Post
I haven't even seen this remake, so I don't know what to think of the upcoming sequel.

Tell me why people hated it. Explain, please.
Freddy not being Robert was enough to make me hate this already, but then I thought "You know what I will give it a try, see what its like"

For me I just think they focused to much on the "child abuse" angle and some argue they tried to base it more in "reality" but when you have some guy killing you in your dreams it was never about reality was it?

The whole thing about the original was that it did not divulge to much into what Freddy had done, you knew he was some sick fuck but the whole scare factor was you did not know what he had specifically done or what he was capable of, all you knew was he stalked you in your dreams.

I just thought this movie was poorly written had no real direction not to mention freddy was poor the make up had no character to it that gave a lasting impression, the cast was flat and above all else it failed to be even remotely scary.
Justinakach0ppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #5155
mikeym1979
Fresh Kill

mikeym1979 is feeling kiddish.

I didn't like this movie on first watch and when I rewatched it, I tried to forget the Robert England factor and I actually enjoy it now. I can't stand the one who played Nancy though, so fucking stiff.

But yeah, I 'like'the the remake but I can also understand why it gets so much hate too. It doesn't even remotely compare to the original series.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:20 PM   #5156
EvilDeadFridaythe13thfan
Fresh Kill

EvilDeadFridaythe13thfan is slicing and dicing

Send a message via AIM to EvilDeadFridaythe13thfan

I enjoyed the remake. I saw it in theaters opening weekend. Although Robert isn't in it, it is still enjoyable and I give it credit for trying something different. I loved that they made Freddy evil again because in the later sequels he became a god damn comedian and lost everything that made him scary and menacing from the first movie. I thought Jackie did a good job as Freddy. It was interesting to see some back story on Freddy. All in all, a decent, DECENT, remake, nothing to write about, but worth a watch or two if you're a Freddy fan. I bought the DVD when it came out. For some reason I seem to enjoy a lot of remakes... like Friday the 13th, The Thing(prequel), Piranha, Last House on the Left, Dawn of the Dead, Tom Savini's Night of the Living Dead, The Crazies, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Nightmare on Elm Street.

Welcome to Camp Crystal Lake.
EvilDeadFridaythe13thfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #5157
Se7en Sins
I Eat Brains!

Se7en Sins is Moonwalkin' with steel toed boots on

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDeadFridaythe13thfan View Post
but worth a watch or two if you're a Freddy fan.
The only reason you should ever watch the remake is if you're a Rooney Mara fan. Bad, bad movie.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #5158
The Bear Jew
It... Won't... Die...

The Bear Jew is all about J. Law...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
The only reason you should ever watch the remake is if you're a Rooney Mara fan.Bad, bad movie.

Rooney was a better Nancy for sure and I preferred Freddy's look in the reboot, but as a whole they really dropped the ball on this.

If they would've just had some spectacular dream kills throughout, this movie might have actually stood a chance...

Not using Freddy to his full advantage is just a stupid move on all that were involved with this film...
Old 03-27-2012, 10:59 PM   #5159
Se7en Sins
I Eat Brains!

Se7en Sins is Moonwalkin' with steel toed boots on

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear Jew View Post

Rooney was a better Nancy for sure and I preferred Freddy's look in the reboot, but as a whole they really dropped the ball on this.

If they would've just had some spectacular dream kills throughout, this movie might have actually stood a chance...

Not using Freddy to his full advantage is just a stupid move on all that were involved with this film...
I've always been afraid to say she's better, but I thought she was a much better Nancy as well.

For what he had to work with, Jackie Earle Haley wasn't bad and I think it's unfair that a lot of the blame gets put on him, when it should be directed at the writers.

It's disappointing to look at the film and think that if it had better supporting actors, a director who cared and a decent script it might have been a lot better.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:04 PM   #5160
The Bear Jew
It... Won't... Die...

The Bear Jew is all about J. Law...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
I've always been afraid to say she's better, but I thought she was a much better Nancy as well.

For what he had to work with, Jackie Earle Haley wasn't bad and I think it's unfair that a lot of the blame gets put on him, when it should be directed at the writers.

It's disappointing to look at the film and think that if it had better supporting actors, a director who cared and a decent script it might have been a lot better.
This.

Plus there's always the Robert Englund fanboys that could never stand(or conceive) having another person portray Freddy Krueger...