Tool Working On New Album - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Music Discussion

Music Discussion Wow that new Britney Track Rules! Talk about that (and other music stuff) here.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:02 AM   #1
Anton Crowley
Rotting Corpse

Anton Crowley is losing his crackers

Default Tool Working On New Album

I'm tempted to post the dancing bananas to show how giddy I am at some concrete news but I can't stand those things. So here's a pirate:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...ml?no_takeover

Quote:
Tool singer Maynard James Keenan confirmed the band are busy writing their next album - but he's staying well out the way until the music is finished.

It continues their tradition of Keenan finishing the tracks with his vocal parts while the band crack on with their mathematical composition wizardry. "I'm allowing them their space to do what they do," he told The Pulse Of Radio.

Keenan said he is writing potential lyrics to the album, but nothing is confirmed until he finally hears the music.

Tool are famous for the long intervals between album releases, typically taking up to five years to complete each record. With 2011 drawing to a close, and their last album "10,000 Days" released five years ago in 2006, fans are wondering if the next album is nearing completion. Keenan, however, made sure to stifle these wishes.

"Even if [the band] told me how close they are to being done, I couldn't tell you because if I say 60 percent people will start counting down," he said. "They write forever and then we go in and knock it all out."

Tool fans will be sorry to hear that future tours will be shorter than they have come to expect. "Physically, I can't do it, so that's not gonna happen," Keenan said. "We will tour, but it won't be the old-school dog-and-pony show of eight months of beating yourself to death."

He went on to say that he doesn't mind which of his high-profile projects get the songs he writes. "It doesn't really matter. No things are designated one way or the other, just whatever ends up coming up in the conversations with those musicians is what it ends up being."

Meanwhile, his side project Puscifer sold 12,000 copies of its second album "Conditions Of My Parole" upon release last week, according to Blabbermouth. It entered the Billboard chart at number 27.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:07 AM   #2
joe6panther6
Fresh Kill

joe6panther6 is Around... Somewhere

Awesome! One of my favorite bands.

youtube

DeviantART
joe6panther6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:34 AM   #3
Anton Crowley
Rotting Corpse

It's a double edged sword with them. We gotta wait 5 years every time but every time it's a masterpiece.

Good thing for the new Puscifer album. It's amazing. It will hold me off for a while.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:40 AM   #4
Roland Deschain
Fresh Kill

Roland Deschain is not walking on sunshine. Sunshine is for pussies, Hawking Radiation is for real men.

I love Tool. I've seen them a few times, and every experience has been different, both in arenas/festivals and smaller venues. Their last album was sublime, and represented a natural progression from their previous albums. Who knows what it's going to be like, but one thing I know for sure is that it will be damn good!
Roland Deschain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:42 AM   #5
Anton Crowley
Rotting Corpse

Welcome to the forum. Hile, Gunslinger!
Old 10-27-2011, 08:49 AM   #6
Roland Deschain
Fresh Kill

Roland Deschain is not walking on sunshine. Sunshine is for pussies, Hawking Radiation is for real men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Crowley View Post
Welcome to the forum. Hile, Gunslinger!
Thankee Sai. You speak true. It's nice to meet fellow Tool fans, especially obsessive ones like me, lol. And I agree. Five years between albums is far too long, no matter how good they are. Puscifer, mmmm...
Roland Deschain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:51 AM   #7
Brain eater
Send... More... Paramedics

Brain eater is ......

I really like Tool but there last album wasn't the greatest. I've loved everything else they have came out with though.
Brain eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:00 AM   #8
Anton Crowley
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland Deschain View Post
Thankee Sai. You speak true. It's nice to meet fellow Tool fans, especially obsessive ones like me, lol. And I agree. Five years between albums is far too long, no matter how good they are. Puscifer, mmmm...
I'm happy to meet a Tool nut and a DT junkie!

See the thing with me is I'll take the 5 years in between because it's better than just tossing out a bunch of crap every year or so. It would suck. Like I said every album, to me, is a masterpiece.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:03 PM   #9
Sixteenvolt420
Rotting Corpse

Sixteenvolt420 is ............ I'll Get Back To You Later On That.

Can't wait for the new album. Somebody on another forum said they read somewhere, that it may be getting released on May 17th, which is my b-day.
Sixteenvolt420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:13 PM   #10
Anton Crowley
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixteenvolt420 View Post
Can't wait for the new album. Somebody on another forum said they read somewhere, that it may be getting released on May 17th, which is my b-day.
Which mean it will leak around the 13th. Good to know.