Godzilla (2014) - Gareth Edwards - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors

Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors Got a scoop? Heard a rumor? All your horror news and rumors go here.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:37 AM   #1
Godzilla
aka Boobzilla

Godzilla is deep in the Canyon

Default Godzilla (2014) - Gareth Edwards

We Know WB/Legendary’s Big Hall H Surprise This Year!

Quote:
Busy day at the site today with the “Guardians Of The Galaxy” scoop we dropped earlier.

Well, guess what? We ain’t done!

I hinted at this one on twitter last night, but the comic con event I’m trying to pull off is consuming all my time. My apologies to the readers.

Now that being said…

You know what big Hall H surprise Legendary is bringing along with Pacific Rim?

Ready?

GODZILLA!

Not only is Legendary bringing the Lizard to comic con but get this, I hear the presentation is SICK! I’m not going to get into specific spoiler territory because then what’s the point of attending the panel, but take this one to the bank.

Godzilla will stomp both the audio and video systems within Hall H two weeks from this Saturday! I’ll be there to witness it myself. I can already envision them shutting down the lights, hearing Godzilla’s roar, and the crowd going wild!

Anyway, Max Borenstein is currently re-writing the script from David Goyer. Gareth Edwards is directing.
Link

Finally some news after a extended silence. Fucking GREAT to see something happening!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:17 AM   #2
967-Evil
Rotting Corpse

967-Evil is once again entering the world of survival horror

I lost interest in the reboot as soon as I saw Gareth Edward's movie "Monsters".
967-Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:12 AM   #3
Godzilla
aka Boobzilla

Intrigued me more than anything negative. As I don't expect a Monsters redux complete with a budget under a million, and to barely see Godzilla.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:49 AM   #4
Godzilla
aka Boobzilla

SDCC '12: First Look At GODZILLA & Description Of Footage

Quote:
The footage pans across a city that has been utterly destroyed. We hear a voice over a radio talking about the end of the world. It looks like another giant creature's body is in the wreckage. We hear the classic Godzilla scream. From the smoke, we see something enormous. We're following a camera up Godzilla's back, showing his scales. We see his face, but it's almost a silhouette. It looks a LOT like the classic Godzilla design but with a slightly fatter face.

The narration is from Robert Oppenheimer. "We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed. Few people cried. Most were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture. The Bhagavad-Git... takes on his multi-armed form" (This is were we see the other, dead creature)

"And says, 'I am become death. Destroyer of worlds." That's where we see Godzilla's face and the logo

That's the narration in the trailer. It's a Robert Oppenheimer quote about the atomic bomb.

3:10PM - "We just wanted to make a kick ass Godzilla movie..." They unveiled a surprise Godzilla teaser and it looks kind of awesome. Epicly destroyed city, buildings smashed through, shows a curled up Godzilla, and he gets and roars. Crowd goes wild. I'm actually impressed, looks kick ass. "The destroyer of worlds."

3:13PM - "We could talk about it or just see the footage again..." Of course, the crowd cheers and they show it again. Looks just as amazing a second time, gives me chills, looks fantastic and it's barely just a tease with silhouettes of the beasts and a roar.

We see huge black clouds, massive smoke, and slowly it clears away revealing a ruined city. There are hundreds of crashed cars and rubble — buildings are broken in half and people are crawling over the sideways ruins of buildings. Some buildings have had massive chunks torn out of the middle of them, like when a cartoon character runs through a wall.

We see the side of something huge, like a mountain. We only slowly realize it's actually a monster. There is something like lava running down the side of it. And then there are huge CLAWS. The monnster is laying on its side. There is a huge Godzilla scream! Like a massive trumpet sounding!

And then Godzilla is rampaging through the city, trashing buildings with its huge claw. Buildings collapse. THOOM. A giant arm swipes across the city and everything crashes. We see its massive spiky back and then the trademark face. The monster opens its mouth and SCREAMS.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:32 AM   #5
Godzilla
aka Boobzilla

Question Video summing up the recent behind the scenes stuff

Behind the scenes legal battles on Legendary's GODZILLA

Godzilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #6
kevinb
Fresh Kill

kevinb has no status.

I'm partial to the Showa Series

I owned the following on VHS:

King Kong vs. Godzilla
Son of Godzilla
Godzilla's Revenge
Godzilla vs. Gigan
Godzilla vs. Megalon
Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla

King Kong Vs Godzilla was my introduction to Godzilla. I also recall renting 1984 on VHS and that was the very last Godzilla film I watched till a few years AFTER High School circa 2001. So I missed out on quite a bit.

http://www.tohokingdom.com/articles/..._goodtimes.htm
^^ That's the exact copy I owned of KK/Godzilla and it was released in 1987, so I was around 6 years old. I upgraded to the Classic Media DVDS a few years ago. Swell releases. They usually include two versions on the disc.
kevinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #7
Jayy
It... Won't... Die...

Jayy is in bed with Lindy Booth aboard the Sulaco.

Is the teaser still floating around anywhere?
Old 11-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #8
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayy View Post
Is the teaser still floating around anywhere?
It's been taken down on most sites but here is a torrent for the teaser trailer it's legit. I'm still seeding it so check it out if you want.

http://www.monova.org/torrent/701030...iler_Leak.html
Old 11-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #9
Sea Hag
It... Won't... Die...

Sea Hag has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Sea Hag

DVDs

Recent Flicks
Hang'Em High - 7/10
Hell Night - 7/10
The Amityville Horror (79) - 6/10
Guardians Of The Galaxy - 8/10
Resident Evil - 8/10
Sea Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:11 PM   #10
Jack the Pin
Send... More... Paramedics

Jack the Pin is trying to tie a bell around the tail of his Cartesian demon

Hee. I saw the same clip a few months back, only it concerned Hitler's anger over Robert Fripp not allowing people to take photographs at his concerts. The line for the room clearing scene goes something like: "Anyone who thinks Styx and Kansas are prog, please leave now." Classic.

I won't get my hopes up over Godzilla 2014. Hollywood just doesn't seem to understand Godzilla very well. I do agree with Hitler's assertion that Toho will reboot the franchise once the American film has been released.
Jack the Pin is offline   Reply With Quote