2012/2013 Awards Season - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!
 
HorrorMovieFan's Avatar
HorrorMovieFan has no status.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,946
Default 2012/2013 Awards Season

That time of year again...and they are starting this month!!


2012/2013 Awards Calendar

GOTHAM INDEPENDENT FILM AWARDS NOMINATIONS (IFP)
Thursday, October 18, 2012


GOTHAM INDEPENDENT FILM AWARDS (IFP)
Monday, November 26, 2012

FILM INDEPENDENT SPIRIT AWARD NOMINATIONS
Tuesday, November 27, 2012

ANNIE AWARD NOMINATIONS (ASIFA)
Monday, December 3, 2012

NEW YORK FILM CRITICS CIRCLE (NYFCC)
Monday, December 3, 2012

NATIONAL BOARD OF REVIEW (NBR)
Wednesday, December 5, 2012

BOSTON SOCIETY OF FILM CRITICS (BSFC)
Sunday, December 9, 2012

LOS ANGELES FILM CRITICS ASSOCIATION (LAFCA)
Sunday, December 9, 2012

CRITICS' CHOICE AWARDS NOMINATIONS (BFCA)
Tuesday, December 11, 2012

SCREEN ACTORS GUILD NOMINATIONS (SAG)
Wednesday, December 12, 2012

GOLDEN GLOBE NOMINATIONS (HFPA)
Thursday, December 13, 2012

SATELLITE AWARDS NOMINATIONS (IPA)
Thursday, December 13, 2012

ART DIRECTORS GUILD AWARD NOMINATIONS (ADG)
Thursday, January 3, 2012

PRODUCERS GUILD AWARD NOMINATIONS (PGA)
Thursday, January 3, 2013

NATIONAL SOCIETY OF FILM CRITICS (NSFC)
Saturday, January 5, 2013

VISUAL EFFECTS SOCIETY AWARD NOMINATIONS (VES)
Monday, January 7, 2013

DIRECTORS GUILD AWARD NOMINATIONS (DGA)
Tuesday, January 8, 2013

BRITISH ACADEMY OF FILM AND TELEVISION ARTS NOMINATIONS (BAFTA)
Wednesday, January 9, 2013

ACADEMY AWARD NOMINATIONS (AMPAS)
Thursday, January 10th, 2013

CRITICS CHOICE MOVIE AWARDS (BFCA)
Thursday, January 10th, 2013

AMERICAN CINEMA EDITORS AWARD NOMINATIONS (ACE)
Thursday, January 10, 2013

CINEMA AUDIO SOCIETY AWARD NOMINATIONS (CAS)
Thursday, January 10, 2013

GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS (HFPA)
Sunday, January 13, 2013

SATELLITE AWARDS WINNERS (IPA)
Sunday, January 13, 2013

USC SCRIPTER AWARD NOMINATIONS (USC)
Monday, January 14, 2013

MOTION PICTURE SOUND EDITORS NOMINATIONS (MPSE)
Friday, January 18, 2013

ANNIE AWARDS (ASIFA)
Saturday, January 26, 2013

PRODUCERS GUILD AWARDS (PGA)
Saturday, January 26, 2013

SCREEN ACTORS GUILD AWARDS (SAG)
Sunday, January 27th, 2013

ART DIRECTORS GUILD AWARDS (ADG)
Saturday, February 2, 2012

DIRECTORS GUILD OF AMERICA AWARDS (DGA)
Saturday, February 2, 2013

VISUAL EFFECTS SOCIETY AWARDS (VES)
Tuesday, February 5, 2013

BRITISH ACADEMY OF FILM AND TELEVISION ARTS AWARDS (BAFTA)
Sunday, February 10, 2013

AMERICAN CINEMA EDITORS AWARDS (ACE)
Saturday, February 16, 2013

CINEMA AUDIO SOCIETY AWARDS (CAS)
Saturday, February 16, 2013

MOTION PICTURE SOUND EDITORS AWARDS (MPSE)
Sunday, February 17, 2013

COSTUME DESIGNERS GUILD AWARDS (CDG)
Tuesday, February 19, 2012

FILM INDEPENDENT SPIRIT AWARDS (FIND)
Saturday, February 23, 2013

85th ACADEMY AWARDS (AMPAS)
Sunday, February 24th, 2013
__________________

Last edited by HorrorMovieFan; 11-12-2012 at 03:16 PM.
HorrorMovieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:44 AM   #2
RomeroCarpenter Fan
Rotting Corpse
 
RomeroCarpenter Fan's Avatar
RomeroCarpenter Fan has no status.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,183
Default

"Hollywood Film Awards" Winners
Sept. 2012


Producers: Tim Bevan & Eric Fellner (Working Title), Les Miserables and Anna Karenina
Director: David O. Russell, Silver Linings Playbook
Screenwriter: Quentin Tarantino, Django Unchained
Ensemble: Argo

Actress: Marion Cotillard, Rust & Bone
Sup. Actor: Robert De Niro, Silver Linings Playbook
Sup. Actress: Amy Adams, The Master & Trouble with the Curve
New Hollywood Award: Quvenzhane Wallis, Beasts of the Southern Wild
Breakout Performance: John Hawkes, The Sessions

Animation: Rise of the Guardians
Cinematography: Wally Pfister, The Dark Knight Rises
Editor: Dylan Tichenor, Lawless & Zero Dark Thirty
Production Designer: Sarah Greenwood, Anna Karenina
Visual Effects: Janek Sirrs & Jeff White, The Avengers
Comedy: Judd Apatow, This Is 40
RomeroCarpenter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!
 
HorrorMovieFan's Avatar
HorrorMovieFan has no status.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,946
Default

I think these 2 movies, "Les Miserables" and "Anna Karenina" will be the main contenders this season. As well as "Lincoln".
__________________
HorrorMovieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #4
DoubleBarreledShotgun
Fresh Kill
 
DoubleBarreledShotgun's Avatar
DoubleBarreledShotgun is most likely wearing pants.
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 459
Default

I'm rooting for Django and I haven't even seen it yet. Quentin deserves to win best director/picture soon. Hopefully Django blows everyone away and he does it with that.
__________________
DoubleBarreledShotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #5
RomeroCarpenter Fan
Rotting Corpse
 
RomeroCarpenter Fan's Avatar
RomeroCarpenter Fan has no status.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleBarreledShotgun View Post
I'm rooting for Django and I haven't even seen it yet. Quentin deserves to win best director/picture soon. Hopefully Django blows everyone away and he does it with that.
yes i hope this film does great too. i think it will.
RomeroCarpenter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #6
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator
 
The Revelator's Avatar
The Revelator is tired
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: outside the wall
Posts: 12,505
Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroCarpenter Fan View Post
yes i hope this film does great too. i think it will.
I hope it does as well, but unfortunately most major awards groups don't get on board with Tarantino's work. Unless Django Unchained is truly an amazing masterpiece I have a hard time seeing it perform well.
__________________
The Revelator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #7
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator
 
The Revelator's Avatar
The Revelator is tired
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: outside the wall
Posts: 12,505
Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
I think these 2 movies, "Les Miserables" and "Anna Karenina" will be the main contenders this season. As well as "Lincoln".
Anna Karenina has received a rather lackluster reception. Count it out.

Argo, the Master, Lincoln, and Les Misrables will be dominant.
__________________
The Revelator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #8
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!
 
HorrorMovieFan's Avatar
HorrorMovieFan has no status.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroCarpenter Fan View Post
"Hollywood Film Awards" Winners
Sept. 2012


Producers: Tim Bevan & Eric Fellner (Working Title), Les Miserables and Anna Karenina
Director: David O. Russell, Silver Linings Playbook
Screenwriter: Quentin Tarantino, Django Unchained
Ensemble: Argo

Actress: Marion Cotillard, Rust & Bone
Sup. Actor: Robert De Niro, Silver Linings Playbook
Sup. Actress: Amy Adams, The Master & Trouble with the Curve
New Hollywood Award: Quvenzhane Wallis, Beasts of the Southern Wild
Breakout Performance: John Hawkes, The Sessions

Animation: Rise of the Guardians
Cinematography: Wally Pfister, The Dark Knight Rises
Editor: Dylan Tichenor, Lawless & Zero Dark Thirty
Production Designer: Sarah Greenwood, Anna Karenina
Visual Effects: Janek Sirrs & Jeff White, The Avengers
Comedy: Judd Apatow, This Is 40
FULL LIST OF WINNERS!!

Producers: Tim Bevan & Eric Fellner (Working Title), Les Miserables and Anna Karenina
Director: David O. Russell, Silver Linings Playbook
Screenwriter: Quentin Tarantino, Django Unchained
Ensemble: Argo

Actor: Bradley Cooper, Silver Linings Playbook
Actress: Marion Cotillard, Rust & Bone
Sup. Actor: Robert De Niro, Silver Linings Playbook
Sup. Actress: Amy Adams, The Master & Trouble with the Curve
New Hollywood Award: Quvenzhane Wallis, Beasts of the Southern Wild
Breakout Performance: John Hawkes, The Sessions
Career Achievement: Richard Gere

Animation: Rise of the Guardians
Cinematography: Wally Pfister, The Dark Knight Rises
Editor: Dylan Tichenor, Lawless & Zero Dark Thirty
Production Designer: Sarah Greenwood, Anna Karenina
Visual Effects: Janek Sirrs & Jeff White, The Avengers
Comedy: Judd Apatow, This Is 40
__________________
HorrorMovieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #9
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!
 
HorrorMovieFan's Avatar
HorrorMovieFan has no status.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,946
Default

"Middle of Nowhere", "The Master", "Bernie", "Moonrise Kingdom" Nominated for Gotham Awards (NOMINATIONS)

Oct 18, 2012


Best Feature

Bernie
The Loneliest Planet
The Master
Middle of Nowhere
Moonrise Kingdom


Best Documentary

Detropia
How to Survive a Plague
Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present
Room 237
The Waiting Room


Best Ensemble Performance

Bernie
Jack Black, Shirley MacLaine, Matthew McConaughey (Millennium Entertainment)

Moonrise Kingdom
Bruce Willis, Edward Norton, Bill Murray, Frances McDormand, Tilda Swinton, Jared Gilman, Kara Hayward, Jason Schwartzman, Bob Balaban (Focus Features)

Safety Not Guaranteed
Aubrey Plaza, Mark Duplass, Jake Johnson, Karan Soni, Jenica Bergere, Kristen Bell, Jeff Garlin, Mary Lynn Rajskub (Film District)

Silver Linings Playbook
Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Robert De Niro, Jacki Weaver, Chris Tucker, Anupam Kher (The Weinstein Company)

Your Sister’s Sister
Emily Blunt, Rosemarie Dewitt, Mark Duplass (IFC Films)


Breakthrough Director

Zal Batmanglij for "Sound of My Voice" (Fox Searchlight Pictures)
Brian M. Cassidy and Melanie Shatzky for "Francine" (Factory 25 and The Film Sales Company)
Jason Cortlund and Julia Halperin for "Now, Forager" (Argot Pictures)
Antonio Méndez Esparza for "Aquí y Allá (Here and There)" (Torch Films)
Benh Zeitlin for "Beasts of the Southern Wild" (Fox Searchlight Pictures)


Breakthrough Actor

Mike Birbiglia in "Sleepwalk with Me" (IFC Films)
Emayatzy Corinealdi in "Middle of Nowhere" (AFFRM and Participant Media)
Thure Lindhardt in "Keep the Lights O" (Music Box Films)
Melanie Lynskey in "Hello, I Must Be Going" (Oscilloscope Laboratories)
Quvenzhané Wallis in "Beasts of the Southern Wild" (Fox Searchlight Pictures)


Best Film Not Playing at a Theater Near You

Kid-Thing
An Oversimplification of Her Beauty
Red Flag
Sun Don’t Shine
Tiger Tail in Blue


For the second consecutive year, IFP is proud present the euphoria Calvin Klein Spotlight on Women Filmmakers ‘Live the Dream’ grant, a $25,000 cash award for an alumna of IFP’s Independent Filmmaker Labs. This grant aims to further the careers of emerging women directors by supporting the completion, distribution and audience engagement strategies of their first feature film.

The nominees are:
Leah Meyerhoff, director, I BELIEVE IN UNICORNS
Stacie Passon, director, CONCUSSION
Visra Vichit Vadakan, KARAOKE GIRL
__________________
HorrorMovieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:59 AM   #10
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!
 
HorrorMovieFan's Avatar
HorrorMovieFan has no status.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
"Middle of Nowhere", "The Master", "Bernie", "Moonrise Kingdom" Nominated for Gotham Awards (NOMINATIONS)

Oct 18, 2012


Best Feature

Bernie
The Loneliest Planet
The Master
Middle of Nowhere
Moonrise Kingdom


Best Documentary

Detropia
How to Survive a Plague
Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present
Room 237
The Waiting Room


Best Ensemble Performance

Bernie
Jack Black, Shirley MacLaine, Matthew McConaughey (Millennium Entertainment)

Moonrise Kingdom
Bruce Willis, Edward Norton, Bill Murray, Frances McDormand, Tilda Swinton, Jared Gilman, Kara Hayward, Jason Schwartzman, Bob Balaban (Focus Features)

Safety Not Guaranteed
Aubrey Plaza, Mark Duplass, Jake Johnson, Karan Soni, Jenica Bergere, Kristen Bell, Jeff Garlin, Mary Lynn Rajskub (Film District)

Silver Linings Playbook
Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Robert De Niro, Jacki Weaver, Chris Tucker, Anupam Kher (The Weinstein Company)

Your Sister’s Sister
Emily Blunt, Rosemarie Dewitt, Mark Duplass (IFC Films)


Breakthrough Director

Zal Batmanglij for "Sound of My Voice" (Fox Searchlight Pictures)
Brian M. Cassidy and Melanie Shatzky for "Francine" (Factory 25 and The Film Sales Company)
Jason Cortlund and Julia Halperin for "Now, Forager" (Argot Pictures)
Antonio Méndez Esparza for "Aquí y Allá (Here and There)" (Torch Films)
Benh Zeitlin for "Beasts of the Southern Wild" (Fox Searchlight Pictures)


Breakthrough Actor

Mike Birbiglia in "Sleepwalk with Me" (IFC Films)
Emayatzy Corinealdi in "Middle of Nowhere" (AFFRM and Participant Media)
Thure Lindhardt in "Keep the Lights O" (Music Box Films)
Melanie Lynskey in "Hello, I Must Be Going" (Oscilloscope Laboratories)
Quvenzhané Wallis in "Beasts of the Southern Wild" (Fox Searchlight Pictures)


Best Film Not Playing at a Theater Near You

Kid-Thing
An Oversimplification of Her Beauty
Red Flag
Sun Don’t Shine
Tiger Tail in Blue


For the second consecutive year, IFP is proud present the euphoria Calvin Klein Spotlight on Women Filmmakers ‘Live the Dream’ grant, a $25,000 cash award for an alumna of IFP’s Independent Filmmaker Labs. This grant aims to further the careers of emerging women directors by supporting the completion, distribution and audience engagement strategies of their first feature film.

The nominees are:
Leah Meyerhoff, director, I BELIEVE IN UNICORNS
Stacie Passon, director, CONCUSSION
Visra Vichit Vadakan, KARAOKE GIRL
"Gotham Independent Film Awards" WINNERS!!
Nov. 26, 2012


Best Feature
* Moonrise Kingdom

Best Documentary
* "How to Survive a Plague", David France, director; Howard Gertler, David France, producers (Sundance Selects)

Best Ensemble Performance
* "Your Sister’s Sister", Emily Blunt, Rosemarie Dewitt, Mark Duplass (IFC Films)

Breakthrough Director
* Benh Zeitlin for "Beasts of the Southern Wild" (Fox Searchlight Pictures)

Breakthrough Actor
* Emayatzy Corinealdi in "Middle of Nowhere" (AFFRM and Participant Media)

Best Film Not Playing at a Theater Near You
* "An Oversimplification of Her Beauty", Terence Nance, director; Terence Nance, Andrew Corkin, James Bartlett, producers

For the second consecutive year, IFP is proud present the euphoria Calvin Klein Spotlight on Women Filmmakers ‘Live the Dream’ grant, a $25,000 cash award for an alumna of IFP’s Independent Filmmaker Labs. This grant aims to further the careers of emerging women directors by supporting the completion, distribution and audience engagement strategies of their first feature film.

The nominees are:

Leah Meyerhoff, director, I BELIEVE IN UNICORNS
Stacie Passon, director, CONCUSSION
Visra Vichit Vadakan, KARAOKE GIRL

Winner of the Gothams Audience Award: “Artifact,” Filmmaker Jared Leto

Winner of inaugural Bingham Ray prize: Benh Zeitlin, director, "Beasts of the Southern Wild "
__________________
HorrorMovieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC