Ultimate Jason Figure Appreciation Thread - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Collectibles, figures, and memorabilia.

Collectibles, figures, and memorabilia. posters, figures, whatever.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:33 AM   #1
thomasjarvis
Rotting Corpse

thomasjarvis is still mourning the loss of humorist Kurt Vonnegut

Default Ultimate Jason Figure Appreciation Thread

This thread is intended to be your one-stop shop for all things Jason figure related.

"Voorhees that is, Jason Voorhees."

The first few posts in this thread from yours truly will be a running list of all figures released up to this time (hopefully to be organised according to each film entry in the 'Friday the 13th' franchise), complete with pics. This running list will need to be updated on a regular basis as new info, articals and pics are discovered and/or made available. Therefore, if all goes as planned, the first several posts from yours truly, on the first page or two of this thread, will be in constant flux--- and should be checked, re-checked, and checked back again (!), over the course of time, by those interested in this particular subject, so as not to miss out on any potential new updates.

The plan is to also include listings for some of the custom figures along the way, but let's try to keep it limited to only those custom jobs of the utmost quality. The ambitious nature of this thread...its all inclusiveness, I actually find a little intimitdating, so we'll see how all this goes. It's going to require constant maintenance on my part to stay updated, and I'm going to have to do a lot of research.

So, without further ado; we'll start things off with a news post about the newest and potentially best Jason/Friday figure to ever come down the pike...this fully articualted,(roughly) four-to-five-inch beauty from Kaiyodo/Revoltech. Straight out of Japan and saluting the 3-D sequel from 1983, this sucker is slated to be hitting us all with an initial retail price of $29.99 (which ic not bad at all for an import of this high of a degree of quality and obvious craftsmanship):

http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/f...n-scene-jason/

"Full Look At Kaiyodo/Revoltech Part 3 Barn Scene Jason
By jasonsfury • July 23, 2010

"Wow, there has been a lot of figure news as of late and now comes the most definitive look at the new Kaiyodo Part 3 Jason figure. A few days ago we showed you a clearer look at this Revoltech Jason figure, but now we have the best look yet at what fans can expect to own this fall. Check out the ad below which displays definitively, all accessories included with this Jason Voorhees as well as the barn diorama display base.

The coolest parts of this figure are the fact that Stan Winston’s look for Jason is utilized and also it looks as though Chris’s severed head is included. All of this together looks like we might be getting the alternate ending version of Friday the 13th Part 3! Once again, thanks to Lester Romero for letting us know about this awesome figure."

http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/k...n-from-part-3/
"The new figure is indeed representing Jason from Part 3. However, the best part about this figure is that is comes with a barn scene base/diorama and includes all of the choice weapons that Jason uses in the barn during the film. If you look closely at the picture, you will see that Jason is holding the instrument that is used to bludgeon Ali after he discovers the rest of the gang dead." --jasonsfury

"A truly successful cinematic accomplishment inevitably results in the absolute compulsion of the viewer to discuss the film in question with one or more others for the duration of at least a good fifteen minutes, subsequent to initial screening."

Last edited by thomasjarvis; 07-26-2010 at 09:42 AM.
thomasjarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:28 PM   #2
Cannibal Rapist
Rotting Corpse

Cannibal Rapist is raping, then cannibalizing

I

WANT

THAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffin Bloood View Post
I just wanted to point out the irony of you calling them mean while proudly sporting an image of a naked impaled girl on your forearm.
Cannibal Rapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:14 PM   #3
Horror Chase
The Living Dead

Horror Chase is Eating Your Brains

Send a message via Yahoo to Horror Chase

To bad it's only like 4 inches tall .
Old 08-16-2010, 04:30 PM   #4
goose101
The Living Dead

goose101 is around

That's pretty cool. I at one time had a Leatherface figure.
goose101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:12 AM   #5
Cause of Death
Rotting Corpse

Cause of Death is volatile gore overload.

What I really want is the Sideshow Jason from The Final Chapter...it has the surgical hacksaw and, awesomely, a prop machete that fits in his head wound. Do any of you have this? I dont even think it's available anymore, and when it was it was damned expensive.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #6
thomasjarvis
Rotting Corpse

thomasjarvis is still mourning the loss of humorist Kurt Vonnegut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cause of Death View Post
What I really want is the Sideshow Jason from The Final Chapter...it has the surgical hacksaw and, awesomely, a prop machete that fits in his head wound. Do any of you have this? I dont even think it's available anymore, and when it was it was damned expensive.
I have it. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get ahold of the Exclusive Edition, so it didn't come with the prop machete (which bummed me out). But it has everything else, the hacksaw, Pamela's gravestone, etc. I wish they had made the gravestone the exclusive instead of the prop machete, because DAMN I WANT THAT PROP MACHETE!!

Funny thing about that figure...I waited way too long before getting around to purchasing it. Like a year after the damn thing was first released. By that time time, all the Exclusive Editions were long sold out, Sideshow had already sold out of the regualr edition, and the regular version itself, which originally retailed for a semi-reasonable sum of $45 (their usual release price back then), was then selling for $90 to a $120 on eBay and Amazon. But I lucked out, I managed to stumble across New Line Cinema's website, who were selling the figure at discounted price of $40 on their online giftshop! You better believe I snapped that one up as fast as I could scrape up the cash!

Honestly though, the figure itself was a disappointment, Sisdeshow went the cheap route on it. The wrists don't match the arms, the box seemed somehow of a thinner, cheaper cardboard, the mask doesn't look as good as it did in the promo pics...It doesn;t even come close to the imaculate quality of Sideshow's previously released Part 3 and Part VII figures, both of whcich were outstanding little works of collectible art.

But anyways, heres some pics for you to salivate over, Cause of Death:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"A truly successful cinematic accomplishment inevitably results in the absolute compulsion of the viewer to discuss the film in question with one or more others for the duration of at least a good fifteen minutes, subsequent to initial screening."

Last edited by thomasjarvis; 09-03-2010 at 04:04 PM.
thomasjarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:34 PM   #7
Horror Chase
The Living Dead

Horror Chase is Eating Your Brains

Send a message via Yahoo to Horror Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cause of Death View Post
Yes I have the exclusive version.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #8
Grimm24
Fresh Kill

Grimm24 is in his own world that you dont fit in

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose101 View Post
That's pretty cool. I at one time had a Leatherface figure.
I would have liked to see a picture of it

"Want another reason to get the hell out of here? I'll give you the best one: her. Mrs. Carmody. Our very own Jim Jones. I'd like to leave before people start drinking the Kool-Aid."

"A creature that can't be killed wouldn't think killing was right or wrong. They'd simply have no concept of it" - Dr. Harry Adams

Grimm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:36 PM   #9
travisbickle
Send... More... Paramedics

travisbickle is warning you, I'll put a knife right in you!

Neca's Part 3 Jason...

Available now online and coming to Toys R Us stores very soon.

My DVD's/Blu's
travisbickle is offline   Reply With Quote