BLOODY-DISGUSTING - View Single Post - Horror Media Project - Audience Data Needed
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #5
horrorking95
Rotting Corpse

horrorking95 is singing Believe! BY CHER!

Send a message via MSN to horrorking95

The questions above will help me with designing a 2D Flash game for my client. The genre of this game is "point-and-click", however, it will have a horror theme and storyline.

For those of you who may not know what a point-and-click game is, it is a game that involves the player investigating rooms and areas by using the mouse. For example, you can use the mouse to click on objects in a room. The items that you find in the room will allow you to solve puzzles or uncover more of the storyline.

The game will be 2D with some animation to make it look more dynamic and interesting.

1. If you were going to play a 2D point-and-click horror game, how would you make it frightening? what would you put in it to scare you, personally?

I think tension needs to be built up to a really shocking jump scare. "The Scary Maze Game" haunted me for weeks! It should be something as terrifying as that.

In a 2D game, there are limitations. For example, a designer may only be able to use simple "jump scare" moments, or using sounds to try and make the player scared of something they cannot see yet. This is because the designer would not be able to have creatures or dangers sneak up on the player like they can on a 3D game, such as Resident Evil.

2. Would the use of jump scares or sounds affect your enjoyment of a 2D horror game like the one described above?

I think it would make it much scarier as you don't know what's going to happen next. I think jump scares and sound effects are a must.

3. What kind of puzzles would you like to see in a horror game? What kind of puzzles would convince you to at least try the game?

Hmm, puzzles can frustrate me so it'd need to be funa nd rewarding. I can't think what though at this moment in time.

4. The game I described earlier will have realistic graphics. Do you think realistic graphics would increase the feeling of horror in a game?

Definitely. Realism puts you in that situation and you can't escape!

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/
horrorking95 is offline   Reply With Quote