1. Is there a type of horror that you enjoy the most? Such as action horror, psychological horror, slasher, monster, etc.
2. Is there a specific reason why you prefer that type of horror?
I find slasher the most entertaining and rewatchable. It can also be incredibly intense, exciting and emotional e.g. Inside.
3. Why do you personally enjoy horror games or films? Please explain in detail, if you're able to.
They give a thrill unlike any other genre. They're generally the most thrilling type of film.
4. Would you agree that curiosity plays a role in being interested in horror genre media? For example, does the theme of a horror movie or game allow you to feed your curisoity? themes like morality, the afterlife, being stuck in a situation that's beyond your control, survival etc.
Definitely. It explores dark themes which all humans are interested in.
5. Would you agree that adrenaline plays a role in enjoying horror films or games? For example, is the adrenaline rush caused by being frightened make the experience better? How big a role does adernaline play in your enjoyment of horror media?
I love to feel the adrenaline when watching a truly thrilling horror film. It's not a huge role, but it certainly adds to the experience.
6. What is it about the horror genre that interests you and keeps you coming back for more?
It's thrilling, fun and thought-provoking. It can also be emotionally draining which I like a lot when watching films.
7. Do your own personal fears help you to enjoy a horror game or movie more? do you see it as a way to face your own fears? If you can, and if it is not too personal, could you give an example of some of your fears and how it relates to your enjoyment of the horror genre (if it does)?
No. Personally, I don't watch horror films to face my own fears, just for entertainment.
8. Do you often play horror video games? if so, what games do you play?
I play the odd one. I really enjoyed Resident Evil 4 and 5 was pretty good too.
9. Is there a specific reason why you like those games? Is it the story? a gameplay element?atmosphere? etc.
The atmosphere can be very suspenseful, although gameplay can be limited because personally I prefer a lot of action when I play video games, as well as open world games.
10. Do you often place yourself inside of a horror movie or game? For example, do you like to imagine what you would do in that situation? If you do, why do you imagine yourself in those situations?
I often imagine what I'd do in that situation. I'd put other lives before mine I think.
11. What has the greatest effect on you: jump scares, where something happens suddenly to frighten you - or atmosphere; where the movie or game builds tension and keeps you on the edge of your seat?
I prefer tension. Jump scares offer a short shot of adrenaline, whereas atmosphere can leave you on edge for minutes at a time.
I'll try and answer part 2 another time, for time is running away at the mo!
"I just want to be perfect"