BLOODY-DISGUSTING - View Single Post - Hatchet III (2013)
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 01:37 AM   #44
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

DudeClassicMan has no status.

Danielle Harris sucked big time in the sequel. Not only was the original actress much more natural in the role (as opposed to a total bullshit caricature of disheveled distraught swamp trash) she was also prettier than Harris. I shit you not. I'd even venture to guess Harris must be really high maintenance in real life because she seemed much more suited to playing bitches on wheels in Cyrus and Laid To Rest 2. Matter of fact I found her hotter than hell in the latter. But she’s distractingly miscast as Mary Beth. Not that it matters anyways since Hatchet is nothing more than a modern replacement franchise for Friday the 13th.

As for Victor, well, I hope they did tweak his design however much they needed to so this guy.....

..........didn’t remind me so much of this fucking guy.

Now as far as the franchise itself goes, the first one deserves a little bit of credit for creating a shred of dread that these assholes were going to die (IMMAROBOT guy and token black guy that is.)I guess the second one is worth having on in the background and not much else with all the flat jokes and kills too over the top to make you even remotely squirm thereby defeating their own purpose. Hatchet II was really just an old timers game for a bunch of washed up horror vets.
DudeClassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote