Originally Posted by Heretic
It is what it is. It's certainly not boring, I can tell you that. As far as it being considered this profound commentary on Serbian culture goes,.....meh. I don't buy it. Especially when people who have no idea about Serbian culture, try to defend the grotesque nature of the film as such.
"The baby rape scene, is like the social commentary on the raping of a nation man!......Pass the bong, yo!"
Man, alot of people from what I've heard don't buy into their dipiction of them being raped by their government as their atempt to justify what goes on in the film. And thinking about that, from what I've heard about what goes on in the film, is pretty ridiculous.
Colonel Cinematic's All Genre Draft List
1. Solaris (2002) - Steven Soderbergh
2. Man on Wire (200
- James Marsh
3. The Tree of Life (2011) - Terrence Malick
4. The Vanishing (198
- George Sluizer
5. Killer Joe (2012) - William Friedkin
6. House of Sand and Fog (2004) - Vladim Perelman
7. 13 Tzameti (2005) - Gela Babluani
8. Amelie (2001) - Jean-Pierre Jeunet
9. The Master (2012) - Paul Thomas Anderson
10. Wild at Heart (1990) - David Lynch