Originally Posted by Midnight-Kroovy
Maniac is really nasty and unsettling which for me makes it kinda hard to enjoy for a slasher. Nightmares in a damaged brain is similar in tone as well.
I really love the tone of Maniac, as I like my slashers to be uber dark and gross. The Original Black Christmas is way up there for me, though.
Colonel Cinematic's All Genre Draft List
1. Solaris (2002) - Steven Soderbergh
2. Man on Wire (200
- James Marsh
3. The Tree of Life (2011) - Terrence Malick
4. The Vanishing (198
- George Sluizer
5. Killer Joe (2012) - William Friedkin
6. House of Sand and Fog (2004) - Vladim Perelman
7. 13 Tzameti (2005) - Gela Babluani
8. Amelie (2001) - Jean-Pierre Jeunet
9. The Master (2012) - Paul Thomas Anderson
10. Wild at Heart (1990) - David Lynch