BLOODY-DISGUSTING - View Single Post - What game are you playing now?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #12994
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
I totally get what you're saying but do you think we would be getting these huge add ons for something like Morrowind back in 2003 out of the goodness of their heart?
Well, that's just the thing though. You ask any hardcore Elder Scrolls fan, and they'll tell you that things have gotten worse, as far as content goes. Morrowind, despite technical inferiority, was much bigger than Oblivion or Skyrim. The world's were bigger, and the content was endless, right out of the box. Now, we're paying to extend those experiences past the status quo 60-70 hour experience, whereas before it was already there.

Quote:
They've found something to make more money, and it's mutually beneficial to everyone. If you want extra costumes, or unlock a gun earlier than normal you can. Good for them.
It's smart business no doubt, but at the same time, it's risky, and could have big consequences down the road.

The word of the day is "complacency". Everybody is happy, until they're not. When they're not happy, what is the contingency plan? I don't know if videogame industry has one. To me, it just seems like they're feeding the demand, without thinking of the future.

Heretic is online now   Reply With Quote