BLOODY-DISGUSTING - View Single Post - What game are you playing now?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #12989
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
Think of it as deleted scenes that got cut from the game, but are available for people to play if they are into that sort of thing. Sure, they could include it, but what's the point if they can make profit on it? And if I enjoy a game (Like I did with Mass Effect) then I'm happy to pay extra, whether it was completed on day one or not.
That is the problem though. People are complacent with paying extra, and thinking the developers are being "nice" to them, when in fact it's all based on greed, and will only continue to get worse, as long as customers keep lapping it up.

I'll admit it's still reasonable now, and I'm just as guilty as anyone else for buying extra content, but it's a slippery slope. If the trend continues, the content at launch is going to get smaller and smaller, and it won't be long before you're paying for every chapter of the game.

Quote:
Guitar Hero is an exception to the rule and I agree with you on that, but most companies aren't going to receive the backlash that GH did, nor should they.
How can you be so sure? Look at the growing number of complaints that come with each new rendition of COD, or the FPS genre in general. It's the same thing that happened with GH, only difference is people are still buying FPSs. That could easily change, and if FPSs go down, the entire industry will suffer, because every company out there, has their hand in that pie.

You can never say never in any business. Nobody saw the first videogame crash coming either. It just sort of happenned, due to greed, lack of creativity, and complacency that the customer base will always be there no matter what. The perfect storm, so to speak. It's the same shit that's going on right now, they just haven't hit the tsunami yet.

Nintendo is suffering right now. THQ just shut it's doors. Sony's survival is nothing short of a miracle. The signs are all there. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be some negative jerk, shitting on the industry for the hell of it. I love the industry, which is why I find it troubling that history is repeating itself.

The industry might be too big to fail, like Hollywood, but it's not a guarantee by any means.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote