BLOODY-DISGUSTING - View Single Post - What game are you playing now?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #12983
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodydollface View Post
I must have played at least a dozen games in which I later bought DLC packs for, and not one of those packs were integral towards the storyline whatsoever. If your playing FPS, map packs don't count as "holding back content"
How does it not? Do you think they actually started working on those map packs after launch? Are maps not "content"?

Quote:
and sandbox games that add side missions like, Skyrim and GTA, only add to what's already there to keep the gamer interested in playing the game after completion. It's a business strategy and a good one.
They're not "adding missions" though. They're releasing portions of the game that were completed at launch, but held back to fleece consumers down the road. It is smart business for the time being, but it might have consequences down the road, if people get wise to the scheme.

Obviously, Guitar Hero is the example of how treating you're customers like drooling fucking retards, can backfire. People finally clued in that they were paying $60 for what essentially should've been cheap song packs.

Quote:
Plus, what company releases DLC the first day or week of the game's release? I've never heard or seen that before.
Mass Effect 3 had an entire character arc, that was integral to the story, as day 1 DLC.

Other than that, practically every single game today has day 1 DLC in some form or another. Whether it be character skins, map packs, special item bundles, etc. Next time you're on XBLA, or the PSN, check out any random game, and look at the amount of "extras" that are available. You'll be stunned at how much pointless DLC there is, that you never even knew was there.

Some guy at GT broke down the DLC for Dead Space 3. If you want to play the "full experience", it will cost you $101,.....at launch. Give it a year, and it will be close to $200, if not more.

Heretic is online now   Reply With Quote