BLOODY-DISGUSTING - View Single Post - Halloween 3 (201?)
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 10:09 PM   #2033
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

I don't see how introducing new characters gives whoever is writing/directing the grounds to automatically make it shitty.

I'm fucking tired of seeing the same fucking characters over & over. That shit is boring. Zombie did something new & refreshing with Laurie's character, but for the time being, let's see someone else as the main character who isn't related to Michael.

Not to mention the entire point of the original John Carpenter classic was to show that evil can lurk anywhere & target anyone. In the original the Shape & Laurie Strode share no relation at all, which makes it scarier. It could be me, it could be you, etc.

Fuck all this sibling shit, I want to see the Shape finally return, because the Shape will hunt down anyone, not just family specifically. The Shape was a malevolent force who became fixated on a random girl. That's the type of story that could be scary for today's audience, not another different story with the same characters.

It'd be like making another Batman series & using Ra's al Ghul, the Joker, Two-Face, & Bane all over again instead of grasping the opportunity to utilize new characters.