Originally Posted by The Revelator
I really loved House of the Devil because the entire picture has a growing sense of dread and suspense and an outstanding payoff. The Innkeepers had two great characters who were just screwing around and no questions were really answered by the end.
I really should go back and give House of the Devil another rewatch, because I've only seen it once but I absolutely fell in love with it when I watched it. It's really quite slow, but never boring. There's always something going on.
Colonel Cinematic's All Genre Draft List
1. Solaris (2002) - Steven Soderbergh
2. Man on Wire (200
- James Marsh
3. The Tree of Life (2011) - Terrence Malick
4. The Vanishing (198
- George Sluizer
5. Killer Joe (2012) - William Friedkin
6. House of Sand and Fog (2004) - Vladim Perelman
7. 13 Tzameti (2005) - Gela Babluani
8. Amelie (2001) - Jean-Pierre Jeunet
9. The Master (2012) - Paul Thomas Anderson
10. Wild at Heart (1990) - David Lynch