BLOODY-DISGUSTING - View Single Post - Official WWE/Wrestling Thread V2
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #2064
Se7en
Send... More... Paramedics

Se7en is bout to buy an alligator for his birthday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Oh' c'mon, you can't say they haven't tried. Punk's popularity will never explode like The Rock or Austin, if that's what you're waiting for. This past year, they tried everything with him, to get him more over. From being a rebel, to a pure babyface, then to a pure heel. All while holding the championship for longer than anyone since the 80's. Unfortunately, Punk did absolutely nothing for ratings. In fact, the WWE had some of their lowest rated RAW's in years, with Punk as champion.

I like Punk and all, but from a business standpoint, he didn't make much of an impact.

As for Punk/Taker, why? Seriously, what's the story going to be? They have very little history, and now that Punk's streak is over, there is no drama to the match. It didn't make sense to me before, and now it makes even less sense.
They may have tried, but they definitely haven't tried well. Booking him as the biggest pussy in the business the last few months hasn't helped, neither has the three hour shows which I'm sure has been a big part of the reason the ratings have dropped. (I'm sure the Nash/HHH BS in 2011 didn't help either.)

And you can't blame Punk for bad ratings. You could have Taker, HBK, Lesnar and the Rock all on the same show and there wouldn't be much of a difference.

And with Taker, my more realistic opinion is that it will be Rock/Punk/Cena. But if not Punk, who would Taker face?