BLOODY-DISGUSTING

BLOODY-DISGUSTING (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/index.php)
-   General Horror Talk (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Films That Have Pissed You Off (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/showthread.php?t=92913)

DePedumMysteriis 07-14-2013 05:03 PM

Films That Have Pissed You Off

Rec 2 and 3.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/610b8973a...1a7no1_500.gif

Se7en 07-14-2013 05:10 PM

Pissed off by how bad they are or by how hard hitting the film is?

I never get mad at movies that are terrible. Seems pointless and a waste of time to be angry over a movie that you don't enjoy. Other movies (which are great) like Bully, Shame, Requiem for a Dream, & Kids piss me off because of how bleak and "real" they feel.

DePedumMysteriis 07-14-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Se7en Sins (Post 2703385)
Pissed off by how bad they are or by how hard hitting the film is?

I never get mad at movies that are terrible. Seems pointless and a waste of time to be angry over a movie that you don't enjoy. Other movies (which are great) like Bully, Shame, Requiem for a Dream, & Kids piss me off because of how bleak and "real" they feel.

Wasn't referring to genuine anger, but I could understand someone that takes it to heart.

Rec was fantastic, so it's disappointing to see shitty sequels.

Se7en 07-14-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DePedumMysteriis (Post 2703389)
Wasn't referring to genuine anger, but I could understand someone that takes it to heart.

Ah, I see.

I like Rec a lot, but find it slightly overrated. I found the second to be just as, if not better than the first. Will have to give it a rewatch soon though. Haven't seen the third.

Daenerys 07-14-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DePedumMysteriis (Post 2703389)

Get the fuck out of here if you think Rec 2 is shitty. Why are they shitty and why did they piss you off??

DePedumMysteriis 07-14-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daenerys (Post 2703403)
Get the fuck out of here if you think Rec 2 is shitty. Why are they shitty and why did they piss you off??

It's all subjective, of course. As much as I like religious/possession type films, I would have preferred if they went with the whole biological approach, and no mention of demons.

Daenerys 07-14-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DePedumMysteriis (Post 2703437)
It's all subjective, of course. As much as I like religious/possession type films, I would have preferred if they went with the whole biological approach, and no mention of demons.

Rec is a zombie movie.

DePedumMysteriis 07-14-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daenerys (Post 2703438)
Rec is a zombie movie.

Of course it is, never said it wasn't. But the premise revolved around a biological organism that caused for the "zombification". But rec 2 goes more on the religious route with the priest, demonic possessions of the children etc...

zigwardScissorHands 07-14-2013 10:41 PM

The film that immediately came to mind was Wrong Turn 5. I wasn't expecting to like the film considering the other entries in the series but 5 was in a league of its own. 3 and 4 were bad but I shrugged them of and went about my day. 5 was different though, it felt insulting in every possible way. The Bloody Disgusting review actually summed it up perfectly:

"I think part of the key here is the utter disdain the film has for its audience. This movie doesnít care if you like it or not. Itís not meant to be enjoyed, itís meant to be bought. Itís so cynical that it may very well be the first film in history that is actually 100% product."

Another film that made me angry was Smiley. Again I wasn't expecting anything great, but i was not prepared for anything that mind numbingly stupid. I love film so much and to see it sink that low hurt.

Rusted 07-14-2013 10:47 PM

The Thing remake.

I was looking forward to it, especially after hearing the director talking it up saying that all of the effects were practical but only to discover they were all shitty, dated looking CGI.

Nightmare on Elm St remake.

No explanation required.