BLOODY-DISGUSTING

BLOODY-DISGUSTING (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/index.php)
-   Modern Horror (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   The Sacrament (Ti Wests' new Film) (2013) (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/showthread.php?t=90870)

BeRightBack 10-31-2012 06:06 PM

The Sacrament (Ti Wests' new Film) (2013)

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...the-sacrament/

No details on plot, yet, but shooting starts in a couple of days. Ti West is one of the top 5 modern horror directors out there, so I'm excited for anything he makes, and I know a few of you are looking forward to his next film, as well.

The Revelator 11-01-2012 07:47 AM

House of the Devil was outstanding and the Innkeepers was just ok... We'll see if he plans on giving us to hold onto after the film is over this time.

Renacimiento 11-01-2012 09:14 AM

The settings are very good and always well accomplished in his films, but both films only work at times. My feeling is that it always falls short about something. When it seems that something important and great can happen, it ends.

And only a bitter feeling remains at the end.

TheReturnOfSarsoor 11-01-2012 09:26 AM

House of the Devil is like watching paint dry. Not really excited.

BeRightBack 11-01-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayy (Post 2637620)
Yep .........

:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renacimiento (Post 2637647)
The settings are very good and always well accomplished in his films, but both films only work at times. My feeling is that it always falls short about something. When it seems that something important and great can happen, it ends.

And only a bitter feeling remains at the end.

I can see that. I felt that way after watching Innkeepers for the first time as well, but when I revisited it, I felt it gelled a lot better, and the ending felt more complete

Also, I don't think anyone liked his segment in VHS, but to me it was the best, and at least made the most sense.

Mr Torrance 11-01-2012 05:33 PM

Sick
I love HOTD and the Innkeepers was pretty solid as well

Deadly Fiend 11-01-2012 05:37 PM

Hopefully this will be better than the awful The Innkeepers.

Midnight-Kroovy 11-01-2012 06:25 PM

I'm not quite sure about the fuss over Ti West, think it highlights the lack of prominent horror directors in recent times. I've seen Cabin Fever 2 (I know execs spoiled it) and it was very lackluster. House of the Devil, although I enjoyed it overall, fell short in the final act after a fantastic build up.

I have nothing against him though and hope he pulls off something great in The Sacrament. I've got The Innkeepers and need to check it out.

Lucky McKee is a recent director whose work I regard highly, The Woman I thought was absolutely fantastic. McKee seems to have something to say like the great directors of old which is missing too often these days.

Agent Panic 12-05-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight-Kroovy (Post 2637895)
I'm not quite sure about the fuss over Ti West, think it highlights the lack of prominent horror directors in recent times. I've seen Cabin Fever 2 (I know execs spoiled it) and it was very lackluster. House of the Devil, although I enjoyed it overall, fell short in the final act after a fantastic build up.

I have nothing against him though and hope he pulls off something great in The Sacrament. I've got The Innkeepers and need to check it out.

Lucky McKee is a recent director whose work I regard highly, The Woman I thought was absolutely fantastic. McKee seems to have something to say like the great directors of old which is missing too often these days.

The Woman, and May, are solid flicks.

Innkeepers is unfortunately a little on the dull side. I will say this, though. Ti West got a great performance out of the main actress.

I liked Ti's segment in V/H/S and HotD wasn't a bad movie. I'll give this one a once-over.

No_I'm_Not_The_Babysitter 12-16-2012 01:50 AM

I've loved his work so far (Trigger Man, House of the Devil, The Innkeepers and Cabin Fever 2) but have been unable to find a download of The Roost, so I haven't seen that one yet.

I can see why some people find his work a bit boring though.

I'm looking forward to this.